Let's forget about lucky break for a second and talk about open handed buff
I'm excited they finally got around to buffing open handed. All aura reading perks is going to be fun to use. I'm especially excited for Kindred and open handed it should be fun.
Is anyone else excited and happy?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I’m super happy it’s finally getting something. I just hope vigil gets the same treatment
Forgot to mention windows of opportunity with open handed. That’s a nice combo
I hadn't thought of that, but whoa, that's a good combo. Might have to try that out sometime.
Bond and open handed is also good to be fun. I can see what my useless team is doing across the map. I have a whole build around open handed now
Open Handed
Windows of oppurtunity
Bond or Kindred
Visionary or detectives hunch
It's going to be fun
I wish we had a way to see the loadout of your teammates in the pre game lobby.
I would love to use some aura perks more if i would happen to see an Open Handed user in the lobby.
One thing I’m concern is Open Handed + Kindred.
Free killer aura in 32 meters from hooks is kind of broken, especially in small maps.
Lets be real, it’s very common for killers to be within that range while chasing another survivor. This just makes mindgame impossible until survivor is unhooked
I didn't think that would be a problem.
I guess that is concerning.
@OmegaXII It's not a 'free' 32m, you hooked someone...that's one step closer to removing someone from the match.
I don't mind one bit that this happens.
It's nice for Survivors, and i just cloak.
I can see myself walk away after hooking someone and cloaking.
Then once i'm fully cloaked, i instead walk into the direction i actually want to go.
Might fool some people...
...I guess i can already do that, but i thought of this in the case that Open-Kindred becomes popular.
The term "free" comes from the perk just activates without any effort from the user, and it has a very huge benefit. You bring it, you benefit from it. Sometimes you don't even have to bring it to have its effect if the person on hook happens to have this combo.
@OmegaXII That's why it's called a perk... One could make your argument with NOED, Blood Warden, PGTW and several other perks. You're exchanging a perk slot for a valuable effect, that's what they're there for.
Well you see, it's only free/cheap/undeserved if it helps Survivors.
NOED is a perk that's "free", where it activates without any effort from the user, and it has a very huge benefit. you bring it, you benefit from it. sometimes you don't even have to bring it to have its effect, since some people might fear it and leave the trial without wanting to risk it going for a save.
anyway, here's a post where you said NOED is underpowered, has counterplay, and needs a buff
quit while you're behind.
That seems to be the mindset of these killer forums.
If you are chasing a survivor while another is on hook then a 3rd survivor has to unhook the hooked survivor. I don't think people would want to abuse the range just to extend the loop longer since the killer would be in a good spot with pressure.
You do realize that with the old open handed and kindred, you could have 48 meters, right? Let alone that it's not free. It requires 2 perk slots and a person being on the hook.
i have the ultimate combo....
kindred and buckle up
Nah, they went about the buff all wrong. Open Handed is still useless for any time-based aura reading, such as Dark Sense or Alert.
What the Open Handed buff should have been is: "Whenever you would no longer see an aura, that aura remains revealed to you for 3/4/5 additional seconds". This makes Open Handed work for both range-based aura reading and time-based aura readings.
NOED is indeed underpowered IMO. Good against solo queues that are altruistic. But if survivors are clever, the perk itself really doesn't do much.
Most of the time NOED only gives 1 instadown in the whole game, and it's at the last stage of the game. Here are some scenario
Another thing is it can be removed from the game before it even does anything. And you're basically playing the game with 3 perks the whole game just for an instadown in end game. That doesn't seem good for me.
Those perks at least requires killers to work for it.
But for this combo? Slap on it and you're good to go. The only work you need to do is.... get hooked?
But i'm not here to argue about this "free" term. I'm just mentioning my concern about the combo, and how it really affects the game especially in indoor map.
As someone who can't live without kindred I am extremely happy for Open Handed. I can't wait to give it a go.