If you were forced to rework /massively change a killer who and how would you do it
Limitations
1 you cannot remove a part of their power completely
2 you can't only change addons/addon pass
Limitations
1 you cannot remove a part of their power completely
2 you can't only change addons/addon pass
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would nerf Trapper, he can not use any trap anymore.
Legion. I'd want to be able to incorporate all four gang members into the power. Something similar to Hell Ember's giant dolls from Identity V. Maybe they all have Feral Frenzy as well.
Legion AKA the clickbait killer. They had such a cool design and htey made them just run fast like for ######### sake man you have a trailer showing them disguising as a survivor, concept art of one of them looking into a mirror and 3 extra looking back which could have gone the way of a killer that changes masks and powers, there is 4 of them ffs and even the name implies there is multiple but nah instead we got "hehe run fast hehe"
I say legion as well. I would remove some of his useless add ons and hive him back his speed add ons because those were fun. Maybe make it so the other members of the legion are idle around the map and you could choose an idle spot out of multiple to be able to switch between them.
If you really wanna make things more interesting, you could give each member different traits. Like frank could break pallets and walls slightly faster. Joey could be faster than the others slightly, Julie could make you mend 1 second more with maybe something else and idk about Susie.
lets ######### go machete man
Legion
I would add new secondary power that allows them to instantly vault pallet/window and do direct damage aftewards seperate from feral frenzy, I'd call it someting like Deadly frenzy.
It would work like this:
That would be my way of buffing Legion to make them less of a joke. It has some parts of old Legion that made them brokenly opressive but now it works of a stack system that you need to load up before beiing able to use it. It's still quite heavily countered by splittting up a lot so that Legion can't charge their tokens fast enough.
Besides that, they get only 5s window to down you with it, if you juke them or get enough distance, they basically self stunned themselfs. It would make Legion far more interesting imo.
My proposed idea for a Freddy change is to revert him back to his original version, with a few buffs, while keeping his teleport. Does it count?
Machete man is so cute, that is so strong power already
I know you said we can't remove part of a killers power, but I'd just scrap Dream Snares and Dream Pallets completely and give Freddy his old power pack.
Rework main event: You can now repair generator for 180s.
I would revert the hillbilly nerf minus the music and little roar he does and his addons. Rip billy mains. Oh and id also make it so that you can cancel the chainsaw mid-rev so you dont have to wait for it to go all the way back down
I'd bring back Old Freddy, with a new mechanic. Old Freddy can now place dream snares with ctrl, but can't teleport to gens. Instead, he can teleport to snares. This destroys the snare even if the teleport is cancelled.
I mained Old Freddy back in the day and despite how laughably weak he is, loved playing him. A gen teleport wouldn't work with his power, though; survivors who wake up by failing a skill check at a gen will just have Freddy teleport to that gen and immediately put them back to sleep.
I don't see a problem with that. Freddy's teleport has a cool-down, and there is time to hide before he gets there. Besides, he had to put people to sleep to hit them, and a few extra chances of doing that certainly wouldn't hurt.
I'm not being paid so I'm not going to expend the energy to come up with a rework, but I think Myers is most in need of total rework. He was designed for October of 2016 and it shows.
i would revert the Billy nerf completely minus the add ons
I'd massively change Wraith to make him more dynamic than just 'invisible' and 'not invisible'.
Allow Wraith to place Lost Spirits, basically they act like a light source. Once the Wraith crosses paths with a Lost Spirit, he automatically uncloaks without any penalties, allowing him to do unique things like hitting survivors as he uncloaks.
Its sad that they made their first licensed killer go into dumpster tier.
I would rework the development team and not let iconic franchise killers be reduced to broke, filled with bugs, special rules to inhibit them, probably license blackmail, uncompetitive and fun fun mostly.
-Michael Myers
Not even that he is just very outdated especially as exposed and one hits became more common on killers
Current listing or most desired reworks
1 legion
2 myers
3 freddy
4 billy
5 wraith
Legion
Simply giving them a secondary power they can use to actually do something after people are injured
Myers 100%
It's disrespectful how underpowered Michael f**king Myers is, he's essentially just a weaker version of Oni
Nurse is 110% move speed but cannot blink through walls
Spirit.
Remove the basic Passive Phasing and replace if with Active Phasing, a secondary movement mode that makes her Pase Walk recharge slower but gives you the benefits of Passive Phasing.
Phase walk has its speed reduced as well as quicker activation speed, shows the killer a Killer Instinct reveal of all survivors within her TR but has no sound or scratchmarks, survivors see her entire Husk glow and see Spirit herself as a Wraith shimmer while also hearing her breathing.
Nothing in the world would make me happier than to nerf the ######### out of oni tbh
Thia sounds interesting but I'm confused can you explain more?
I think Myers. Myers needs a secondary power or he needs to be nearly unstoppable in T3. Only buffing his T1 wouldnt be enough.
It would be a tossup between Myers and Trapper specifically because of how long both of their powers take to setup and use. Admittedly I'd lean more towards Myers in this case.
Trapper, since he's outdated af. Aside from the changes everyone wants (start the match with all traps for example) I would add skillchecks to disarming beartraps and struggling should be an action with a fixed time (plus skillchecks), so Unnerving Presence could have some synergy with the killer it comes from. I would also give him a huge speed boost when someone is stuck on a trap so he could reach them more easily. Basically I want walking away after stepping in a trap to be a rare occurrence kinda like wiggling out, I want beartraps to be scary. I would also make them bigger, so they can effectively shut down corridors.
Myers, I wouldn't know how to fix him but he needs something reworked. His tier building is just not optimal, his tier 3 is strong but it takes too long to get to it
Spirit has a passive phasing ability that makes her randomly turn invisible for half a second every few seconds. I'd rework it so that it's an alternate stance mode like Old Doctor, but instead of changing her movement speed it changes the recovery rate of her Phase Walk power. To compensate I'd buff the frequency and duration of the invisibility while it's active.
Her main problem with her power isn't that it's strong, it's that it makes survivors dumb without really impacting the Spirit. It also screws over people that don't use good sounds. Removing the audio component, and the scratchmarks, and replacing them with Killer Instinct would remove her reliance on sound. Killer Instinct is a strong info effect, so tie it to her TR. It's not extremely precise, however, so survivors really can just move like insane people and a mediocre Spirit will not know what's going on. Because the Killer I stinct is tied to her TR survivors can escape her by leaving it. To stop survivors from just holding W and leaving her TR, Spirit would have to go into her power quicker. To compensate for that, her movement speed while phasewalking would need reduced. Overall, this power is stronger than her current power, so it should have a longer cooldown time.
And then we come to the most annoying aspect of her power, her complete lack of information given. Making her husk glow while she's phasewalking tells survivors she's phasewalking. Giving her Wraith's shimmer effect shows where she is, though I'd make it a lot weaker than Wraiths shimmer, more of a faint haze than a cloaked Predator. Letting survivors hear her breathing was a bug from a while ago that I really liked because it was fun to use it to mindgame survivors, and it gave survivors a little info.
So sorta like phasing but she glows has no sound or scratch Mark's and you have to try and confuse her with killer instinct while getting out of her terror radius and you can hear her?
I do that would make her weaker at loops where you can see her otherwise they would stand behind a wall but the tr requirement seems odd
Nvm alternative stance like old doc that makes more sense
I like that
If it wasn't tied to something, she would see where everyone on the map is and basically be a better info killer than Doctor.
Trapper, definitely.
Keep the theme, change the power. Focus on making him more versatile, and make up for his lack of threat when he is out of traps.
The Trapper has 4 types of traps - tripwire, beartrap, barbed wire and explosive. They would be contextual based on what the Trapper is interacting with.
One type of each trap is randomly spawned in the map at the beginning of the match, outside of the trapper's terror radius. A maximum of 8 of any type of trap can be on the map at one time.
The Trapper now carries trap kits instead of traps. Trap kits can be used to deploy any of the four types of traps, and can be replenished at lockers. Two (three?) can be carried at a time.
When the Trapper is not carrying any trap kits, Trapper's Fury is activated.
I've been playing Myers a lot the past few months to the point where I've ended up quitting him because map reworks have done him very dirty.
So lets see the list of changes I would make: