Dont mind us on the floor

Could someone please explain what form of entertainment killers get out of doing this.

Untitled642_20210425204857.png

It's not one of those killers/survivors are op arguments. I just really can't wrap my head around why someone is gonna play and pull this rubbish. What is the enjoyment of camping the hook to lure everyone in then leaving us on the floor? Other than disconnecting what are we supposed to do with this? I know not every killer is a right soggy biscuit but come on!

Comments

  • @ShinShan94 said:

    Could someone please explain what form of entertainment killers get out of doing this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DLEY5NTOZYYH/untitled642-20210425204857.png

    It's not one of those killers/survivors are op arguments. I just really can't wrap my head around why someone is gonna play and pull this rubbish. What is the enjoyment of camping the hook to lure everyone in then leaving us on the floor? Other than disconnecting what are we supposed to do with this? I know not every killer is a right soggy biscuit but come on!

    Balls..... usually I'd suggest unbreakable, but in this case having the killer standing over you, I have nothing other than although it looks like a heavily drinking party that's BS!!!!

  • Whats worse is that I don't think you can report this person for being toxic and unsportsmanlike.

  • Maybe the killer thinks someone there has unbreakable and rather than lose his victory while going to hook a survivor or two he just wants to let them all bleed out instead so he doesn't have to stress about perks

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Whats worse is that I don't think you can report this person for being toxic and unsportsmanlike.

    it is an accepted tactic the devs will do nothing for this.


    @ShinShan94 said:

    Could someone please explain what form of entertainment killers get out of doing this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DLEY5NTOZYYH/untitled642-20210425204857.png

    It's not one of those killers/survivors are op arguments. I just really can't wrap my head around why someone is gonna play and pull this rubbish. What is the enjoyment of camping the hook to lure everyone in then leaving us on the floor? Other than disconnecting what are we supposed to do with this? I know not every killer is a right soggy biscuit but come on!

    bleed out and die... crawl away, then use UB.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140883#Comment_2140883

    it is an accepted tactic the devs will do nothing for this.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245505/dont-mind-us-on-the-floor

    bleed out and die... crawl away, then use UB.

    Slugging is fine sure but doing this when the game is clearly over is just toxic and waste people's time. I'm sorry are you trying to defend this toxic behavior?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Some people just like to be pricks. They're either young, immature, and / or have some form of antisocial personality disorder.

    That situation in the picture has thankfully never happened to me, if it did I'd just DC and take the loss rather than play the killer's stupid little game. I HAVE, however, had several occasions where I was the last person in the match and after the killer downed me he danced all around and on top of my body, either hitting me with projectiles (Tricksters) or banging his stupid gong over and over and over again (Wraith). In the Wraith's case this went on for a good thirty seconds. GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG. I sit there waiting. Ya done? Are you going to hook me now so we can both actually move on to something productive? GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG. Yeah, alright. I check my watch. Finally he hooks me. Then he runs around the hooks like a spaz throughout the whole sacrifice animation. GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG GONG.

    I get it. You won. Very impressive. Now graduate high school.

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I actually creased reading this... the whole "ya done?" πŸ˜‚

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140883#Comment_2140883

    it is an accepted tactic the devs will do nothing for this.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245505/dont-mind-us-on-the-floor

    bleed out and die... crawl away, then use UB.

    And if the geezer follows you and drops you again then what? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

  • The Killer obviously just needed to take a piss, it’s what I always do too~

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    The Killer obviously just needed to take a piss, it’s what I always do too~

    Well he certainly took the piss. πŸ˜‚

  • definitely was because u used self care

  • Trapper op pls nerf

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140887#Comment_2140887

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I actually creased reading this... the whole "ya done?" πŸ˜‚

    Lol thank you. It's just honestly how I felt.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140890#Comment_2140890

    Slugging is fine sure but doing this when the game is clearly over is just toxic and waste people's time. I'm sorry are you trying to defend this toxic behavior?

    I am saying that is what the devs see it. you see toxic, the devs do not. at no time does percieved toxic game play warrant another break of the rules as there was no infraction the first time. I am not specifically defending the practice but I am however saying it is not against the rules and the devs will do nothing against slugging. even in the first few mintes before a gen gets completed or if there is 1 left. doesn't matter.

    @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140890#Comment_2140890

    And if the geezer follows you and drops you again then what? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

    then he either lets you bleed out or hooks you.

  • I'll never understand how a 4k is more fun than actually playing the game.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140895#Comment_2140895

    Lol thank you. It's just honestly how I felt. After he started doing his stupid shtick while I sat there helpless on the ground I realized what was happening, put the controls down and just sat there with my hands together. On the other end the guy spazzing out was no doubt thinking "HAHAHAHA this bothers you, doesn't it? I bet this ruins your day! I am great and you are not! Ooh, suck it loser!" and on my end I'm just like "alright, get it out of your system, I was a kid once too, I remember what it was like to be excited about stupid things".

    If I recall at one point I actually left the room to grab a soda while the guy was still freaking out thinking "I BET THIS IS JUST PISSING YOU OFF SO BAD, NEWB! GIT GOOD LOSER"!

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ have had similarities. Literally got slugged, and I've just once just put the controller down, made a cup of coffee, had a cigarette, come back and thought "oh I'm still laying there" okay then il go make some lunch πŸ˜‚ then imagine having a message from the killer like "did you have fun?" ... "tbh mate I wasn't actually paying attention, why what happened?"

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140894#Comment_2140894

    I am saying that is what the devs see it. you see toxic, the devs do not. at no time does percieved toxic game play warrant another break of the rules as there was no infraction the first time. I am not specifically defending the practice but I am however saying it is not against the rules and the devs will do nothing against slugging. even in the first few mintes before a gen gets completed or if there is 1 left. doesn't matter.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140899#Comment_2140899

    then he either lets you bleed out or hooks you.

    K , so yeah this guy anyway was a massive prick... end of really... and things like this should be reported because its not fair and not fun to be sat there lying on the floor like half dead sardines

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140923#Comment_2140923

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ have had similarities. Literally got slugged, and I've just once just put the controller down, made a cup of coffee, had a cigarette, come back and thought "oh I'm still laying there" okay then il go make some lunch πŸ˜‚ then imagine having a message from the killer like "did you have fun?" ... "tbh mate I wasn't actually paying attention, why what happened?"

    That's the style right there.

    "Haha, did you like what I did to you"? - "Huh? You mean your tantrum? You actually gave me the opportunity for a much-needed bathroom break, I can't say that I caught most of it. Maybe next time?"

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140934#Comment_2140934

    That's the style right there.

    "Haha, did you like what I did to you"? - "Huh? You mean your tantrum? You actually gave me the opportunity for a much-needed bathroom break, I can't say that I caught most of it. Maybe next time?"

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ exactly. Someone's clearly that desperate for a 4k they go lengths to be a total melt.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Whats worse is that I don't think you can report this person for being toxic and unsportsmanlike.

    You most certainly can report them - for holding the game hostage, for toxic gameplay.

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140941#Comment_2140941

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ exactly. Someone's clearly that desperate for a 4k they go lengths to be a total melt.

    Fortunately this isn't the norm for me, as I'm hoping that the picture you provided isn't the norm for you. If you ever want to play with someone who just wants to have a fun, relatively chill game feel free to add me!

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140883#Comment_2140883

    You most certainly can report them - for holding the game hostage, for toxic gameplay.

    You can't. The devs and mods on here have said numerous times that it's acceptable to do. It's a waste of time reporting. The argument is that it doesnt keep the game hostage since the game will still end eventually.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140948#Comment_2140948

    You can't. The devs and mods on here have said numerous times that it's acceptable to do. It's a waste of time reporting. The argument is that it doesnt keep the game hostage since the game will still end eventually.

    Sad but true.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140946#Comment_2140946

    Fortunately this isn't the norm for me, as I'm hoping that the picture you provided isn't the norm for you. If you ever want to play with someone who just wants to have a fun, relatively chill game feel free to add me!

    Ah deffo man I'm up for that, what's your tag?

  • Admittedly I've done this against a 4 swf team ultra altruistic who all have DS, BT, and Flashlights who kept unhooking right in front of me. That gets really old.


    Generally though I hate slugging out but I can understand situations of using it

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140948#Comment_2140948

    You can't. The devs and mods on here have said numerous times that it's acceptable to do. It's a waste of time reporting. The argument is that it doesnt keep the game hostage since the game will still end eventually.

    I can assure you, you most certainly CAN choose to hit that report button, and leave a comment. There is absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so.

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140952#Comment_2140952

    I can assure you, you most certainly CAN choose to hit that report button, and leave a comment. There is absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so.

    I guess I should of clarified that yes you can but it's a waste of time and you can actually get yourself banned making bogus reports (as for something they have made clear to be allowable for ages)

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140952#Comment_2140952

    I can assure you, you most certainly CAN choose to hit that report button, and leave a comment. There is absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so.

    You can and no prevention but unfortunately there is no way they will do anything about it. There's a list of rules in a section on this forum and slugging isn't a rule break nor considered a hostage.

  • Why did everyone cluster up? After the second slug they could have crawled away from each other so at least one person could be picked up.

  • It’s boring and it needs to change.

    I get that slugging can be tactical (I do it myself) but when it is done throughout the whole match and at 4 gens one has to ask who the hell designed this and thought β€œfun and interactive”???

    To me, i could care less if they want to allow the killer to do it over and over, I just want survivors to have MORE ( not less) options outside of perks. For example, they could create a built-in ability that when 2 survivors remain close to each other on the ground for x amount of seconds one has a chance to pick up the other based on their altruistic points. (Something along those lines) This could be based on how long/often they have been slugged during the match.

    Bottom line is, If they don’t do anything about it, the meta will remain the same.

  • Some killers do it because they're streamers and will let their chat pay to decide survivor's fates. If they do it by an exit gate it usually means they wanna see a slug race. It sucks to deal with but you can always just read a book for a few minutes

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140928#Comment_2140928

    K , so yeah this guy anyway was a massive prick... end of really... and things like this should be reported because its not fair and not fun to be sat there lying on the floor like half dead sardines

    well you can also say it's not fun to see someone DC and give another the hatch immediately, not fair or fun at all! so who's fun is more important? the killers? or the survivors? every not fun argument can be turned on it's head and applied to the other side. so reporting someone that slugs for the 4k is 1) a waste of time because the devs will not do anything about it and 2) it's not against the rules.

    @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140883#Comment_2140883

    You most certainly can report them - for holding the game hostage, for toxic gameplay.

    you can not report someone (well you can but it'll be dismissed) since slugging is not an offense against the rules. how about someone decides to report your tbagging (just a general your there not you specifically) as toxic game play? the devs will disregard that report as well, it just wastes people's time when you report things that is NOT against the rules of the game.

  • Just plain old Miketheratguy, unless you see MikeTRG which is my Switch name (Nintendo and their stupid space limits). I play almost every day, usually during this time that we've been talking, and almost always just solo. I'm always looking for fellow survivors who just want to have a fun and fair game.

  • I agree slugging is a good tactic to win but this right here is just being an asshoke and holding 4 players’ games hostage.

  • Y'all probably did something to make him mad, or his last game was a bad one.

  • How do 3 of you get baited to get downed at a hook? Lol... Just do a gen until they have fully recovered and heal them, take a hit, run off in two different directions. Boom.

  • I saw a suggestion recently about giving players a "bleed out" suicide button when they're in the dying state. Honestly, at first it sounded like something that would be abused pretty heavily to get out of a match when you make a dumb move and it's still early in the match. However, the more time that passes the more I think that it could be beneficial.


    There'd have to be some safety rails, for sure, but there's tons of ways to do this. You could make conditional bleedout actions appear when (just rough examples here) you're in the dying state and:


    (1) More than 10 minutes of gameplay have elapsed and more than one quarter of your lifebar is gone.

    (Intent: You've been in the game for 10 minutes and should be pretty invested by now. If you get downed and stay on the ground for one minute, you can bow out if you want)


    (2) All other survivors are already dead, in the dying state and more than 30 seconds have elapsed since the last player was downed or hooked.

    (Intent: Everyone has been slugged and no hooks are happening, you may now gracefully exit the game)


    (3) You are not on a hook and have not been in the injured, broken, or healthy state for 120 consecutive seconds.

    (Intent: You've been on the ground for a long time. Either the killer lost track of you, or they aren't going to hook you. Maybe a SWF group is meme'ing on you and refusing to heal you. Either way, you can now gracefully exit the match, if that's what you want. This is also worded in such a way that the killer couldn't just pick you up and drop you on the ground every once in a while and stop the bleedout action from appearing)

  • Slugging can be a good tactic to win, But this is just ridiculous. There is no reason for the killer to be doing this other than to be a toxic jerk.

  • You all went down to ... Trapper?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140957#Comment_2140957

    Just plain old Miketheratguy, unless you see MikeTRG which is my Switch name (Nintendo and their stupid space limits). I play almost every day, usually during this time that we've been talking, and almost always just solo. I'm always looking for fellow survivors who just want to have a fun and fair game.

    What do you use I'm on xbox

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Y'all probably did something to make him mad, or his last game was a bad one.

    The best excuse for being a cock.


    "My last game was a bad one, so I'm going be a prick to you guys" .... excellent.