Can someone please help me understand why Gideon is suddenly highly complained about?!

Ok...

My mind is spinning here.

Since Gideon Meat Plant’s rework it’s been a semi frequent topic posted here, killers complaining about the amount of pallets on this map.

And I just don’t get it.

What exactly is bothering many of you with these pallets?!

Yes, there Is a large overall volume of pallets.

Yes, Gideon probably also has the highest amount of “god pallets”/pallets that absolutely HAVE to be kicked/broken in the entire game.

But do you know what else this map has?

  • Very few actually safe vaults. Sure the few safe vaults that do exist are extremely safe vaults, but they’re so few.
  • Pretty much every structure/loop with these pallets that are being complained about almost always quickly lead chases back to gens. Gens you could/can quickly switch up targets on. If you are allowing yourself to be lead to areas where gens are already finished, that’s on you.
  • There are many dead ends in this map if a killer is smart about which breakable walls are left intact.
  • This map very quickly becomes a death trap for survivors once many of these pallets are gone, because there are so few loops with good vaults. And most of these pallets get dropped very quickly by survivors.

Since the rework of this map, I’ve had only ONE terrible, terrible match as killer on this map, and that’s only because it coincided with going up against one of the most brutally hardcore teams I’ve gone against in recent memory.

This map is fine. I think many of you are just succumbing to the psychological effect of thinking about the total volume of pallets, rather than being objective about how quickly this map becomes absolutely abysmal for survivors against a killer that keeps a cool head.

Comments

  • They increased the number of pallets without decreasing safety.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126533#Comment_2126533

    PC, for all it's advantages only gets Wraith, Billy, Trapper, Huntress, and Nurse.

    Out of all of those, Huntress is the best option, so I hope newbie PC players have good aim. When you need a direct hit. With arcing projectiles that for whatever reason are thrown up instead of forward.

    This is true. I also have the pc version, but I prefer my switch because by the time I got the pc version I was so used to switch and had built up so much in my switch version. Yeah with those 5 as the only base killers, it does make Gideon very difficult and I would agree that Huntress is the best option out of those 5.

  • This map is funny as leatherface though,


    can't cuck leatherface with pallets

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    everyone seems to not want to talk about the amount of dead ends that result in your death if you end up there with the killer. Interesting.

    good survivors will never let that happen

  • I love the map, it's my favorite one. And not because of the pallet / loop crap (I hate that aspect of this game), but simply because of how complex it is and how much of a mixture there is between narrow corridors and wide open areas. I think it's a very well-constructed map.

    I also get it maybe once every couple of days at most, so I don't really see what the big deal is. Even if we ARE to assume that one map is extremely survivor-sided (I've seen people much better than myself lose to killers on that map so I don't know), it's 1 out of several dozen. I'm sure that there are maps that heavily favor the killers if someone wants to break them all down in such a way.

  • I don't think the gameplay changed much, this map has always been loaded with safe pallets, the update to the map just made the problems the map already had more obvious because previously most of the maps pallets were tucked in corners and hard to see, but they changed this in the update and many of the pallets were moved to more central locations and a lot of line of sight blockers got opened up so pallets were easier to see.

    Maybe it got a little worse for stealth killer due to improved visibility though.

    Breakable walls didn't have a major effect on the gameplay of this map as they pretty much all just open pathways.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126627#Comment_2126627

    The point is. Maps shouldn't be survivor or killer sided. Maps should be fun to play.  And the game map isn't that. There's no mind games. And an obnoxious amount of safe pallets. 

    I agree, all maps should be balanced. I'm just saying there's suddenly so much hate for this map when it's just one out of many, and I'm sure that there are others that survivors could claim are way too killer-sided. In other words this probably isn't the only map that needs some adjustment, so I find it weird that every killer has been attacking it lately. And again, I don't know about everyone else but it's probably just about the least likely map to ever appear in my game. I played for four straight hours tonight and got nothing but Coldwind, Autohaven, one Badham and one Midwich, as is pretty much the usual.

    Now, having said all that, I realize that my comment does nothing to "help" the situation. I can't tell how many pallets are in the map because the damn game never gives it to me. But if all killers seem to agree that there are too many pallets then sure, reduce the number. I've got no problem agreeing with that. Like I said, I'm a survivor main who can't stand the looping crap anyway.

  • Hate to tell you. I've gotten nothing but 4ks playing fair as Freddy. Do you really think I commented on which killers are good on the map and who aren't without experience against and as them on that map?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126655#Comment_2126655

    Lucky you lol. But that map is still trash in general. Especially for freddy. There's no loops to set your snares. It's just running around and having every pallet thrown in your face. Which is a perfect way to beat freddy

    If it's so perfect and the fact that it's something everyone does/is capable of doing, I'm surprised Freddy has a kill rate as high as he does. I've played against and as Freddy on the updated version of The Game map, worst I've seen a Freddy do is a 1k but it was someone who had cursed matchmaking and was fairly new to the game. Takeout that one match, the worst I saw a Freddy do on the new Game map is a 3k.

  • The map is almost if not just as bad as old, original ormand (pre first nerf) which is saying a lot. It's utterly unfair for the killer who basically has no chance if there is even one semi decent survivor.

  • Survivors complain about the 1 corner hook because it's "unfair" due to body blocking


    but don't want to talk about the 20 god pallets

  • god pallets.png

    I actually made a meme about this map

  • Killers are still winning most of the time on the map so it still doesn't have enough.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killers are still winning most of the time on the map so it still doesn't have enough.

    You must be really bad then.

  • Lack of gameplay. There is nothing interesting whatsoever about pallets that are designed to be immediately thrown to grant temporary immunity.

    It is extremely boring to play as survivor and killer. The chases of this game are fun because it's enjoyable to play with/around a killer's power and react to each other's mindgame. There is literally no mindgame to short wall pallets with massive loops and instathrow god pallets with little windows on the map to play around with in conjunction with pallets. That's AWFUL map design.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killers are still winning most of the time on the map so it still doesn't have enough.

    Sluzzy you must be, without a doubt or argument, the worst DbD Survivor Player in the game. As far as I know, I've never pulled you into one of my matches. I base my theory on the fact that every single post you make is about how Killers are winning all their matches, how this or that you ran into was too powerful, and how Survivors need more. Your perception of the game is so distorted that it is like a Fun House mirror. The only explanation is that you have zero Skills; no, let me correct that. You have negative Skills, i.e. when you enter a match you don't just fail to achieve anything, you must be dragging down every other Survivor with you.

    Seriously, taking your posts as evidence, you have never won a match, gotten out alive, or seen a balanced map, Killer Perk, or Add-on. They are all OP and broken in your eyes. With that in mind, since the rest of us do NOT have your problems, the only possible explanation is you are TERRIBLE at this game. Have you considered Minecraft?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126704#Comment_2126704

    Sluzzy you must be, without a doubt or argument, the worst DbD Survivor Player in the game. As far as I know, I've never pulled you into one of my matches. I base my theory on the fact that every single post you make is about how Killers are winning all their matches, how this or that you ran into was too powerful, and how Survivors need more. Your perception of the game is so distorted that it is like a Fun House mirror. The only explanation is that you have zero Skills; no, let me correct that. You have negative Skills, i.e. when you enter a match you don't just fail to achieve anything, you must be dragging down every other Survivor with you.

    Seriously, taking your posts as evidence, you have never won a match, gotten out alive, or seen a balanced map, Killer Perk, or Add-on. They are all OP and broken in your eyes. With that in mind, since the rest of us do NOT have your problems, the only possible explanation is you are TERRIBLE at this game. Have you considered Minecraft?

    This would make a beautiful copypasta

  • Probably because you can pop all five gens and still have 14 pallets left to chew through. The first floor is pretty much an open area, and the usual gen placement allows you to see the killer coming half the map away. The shoddy breakable walls, the three, sometimes four god pallets, on top of poor totem spawns? It's just a badly designed map.

1 2 ›