How would you rework the tombstone piece?
This addon despite fitting michaels lore (michaels just like "wait why hook you when i can just kill you") obviously is one of the most busted addons and is probably guaranteed gonna be changed in the michael myers addon pass. Now i personally have 20 of them and i do find the idea cool (why i like judiths tombstone) i understand killing someone without doing anything is pretty unfun. So im just interested to see some ideas people could have for its rework. Making it only able to mori once is maybe an idea but that doesn't change the just killing someone outright making it a 3v1.
Comments
I think they have to keep his iridescent the same for evil incarnate or try to change the add-on to be more fair while still be able to get evil incarnate from it
I think it should still be able to kill people - but it should give you a (minor) speed decrease, like half of Judith's Tombstone, and should lock you out of Evil Within III for the rest of the game. So in exchange for killing someone potentially almost immediately, you're becoming a slower M1 killer for the remainder of the game. That's the best I can come up with by keeping the Tombstone Mori part and still making the add-on useful.
It's not busted at all, it's even bad. It's just a meme perk and it doesn't need changes.
If he even gets enough stalk to start instant killing people y'all played terribly. Playing bad doesn't mean an addon needs nerfs.
Realistically against people even remotely decent all the gens will be done before he gets to use it.
I wouldn't. It's completely fine.
Dude, you lose so much speed and time just using tombstone anyway....
I would rather see Myers reworked completely with his kit and addons.
i'd pair it with some changes i wanted to make to Michaels power for quite some time now.
its not a rework, but it is a nerf.
so first of all, the base power changes i'd like to suggest:
1) Evil replenishes over time on survivors who are not being stalked
2) to Tier up your Evil Within you have to press the secondary ability key (usually CTRL) once your power bar is 100% filled (so just like Onis Demon Mode)
now for the Tombstone Piece nerf:
it functions just like it does right now, but:
1) Evil no longer replenishes on Survivors (so basically the way it is right now)
2) after a couple of seconds of not stalking a Survivor, your power bar starts to slowly decrease again
those changes are ment to make it harder fpr Michael to actually use his power, as he'd only have a limited supply of Evil he can gain (which also means he's gonna have to be more strategic of who he kills and who he doesnt kill in order not to lose out on his power), but his Evil also passively goes down again, which means he has to stalk the entire Tier and activate it immediately if he wants to get usage of Tier 3 - so he can no longer 99% it and then instakill the next person he comes across without a warning for them.
so he could still kill someone straight away with it, buuut that person would have to let themselves get stalked for a LONG time for that to happen.
also, Lockers shouldnt hardcounter Tombstone Piece and Judiths Tombstone imho. he should just grab them out and then start the mori animation right there, honestly.
I see no reason to nerf that addon I tried using it and I didn't get to tier 3 until there was one gen left. Oh and I got zero kills it's a waste but I don't play Michael much so I don't care.
It's a purple addon that lets you kill someone instantly yeah its broken as #########
I wouldn’t change it.
I think it’s counterable by hopping in a locker. If he is taking way too long to get his T3 that’s a clue that you should either have a good set up or a locker nearby.
I think you confused the iridescent add-on (which is indeed a meme) with the tombstone piece (the purple one) which is actually busted if he killer wants to take advantage of it.
I would do it thus:
At 3 Hooks the first Mori Unlocks (It can be be used against anyone hooked or not)
*Then an additional Mori unlocks with every hook. This means a four Mori results requires at least seven hooks. I would also remove the Tier requirement for being in any particular one since it is now tied to hooks. I would also remove or reduce the speed penalty significantly.
No. I was referencing the piece, not the ultra rare variant. Even the piece is just for meme's.
I wouldn't. Tombstone Piece is fine.
make it so it only works on the obsession. kinda fits his lore
The Tombstone Piece does not need that much Stalk. You can easily use it quite early in the game combined with the Memorial.
@Topic:
I would not mind changing it in a way that it does something completely different. Gameplay above Lore, yes, it is fitting, but it is really busted and outdated.
However, if we want to keep the Insta-Kill, maybe only allow it on fully-stalked Survivors. Those at least fed Michael so much Stalk that he was able to do the Insta-Kill. The most frustrating thing currently is that Michael can get his Evil on any Survivor and the guy who did not see him the whole game will be killed because of a 99ed Tombstone.
Make it basekit but only able to pull off on death hooks.
Add new add on that gives more stalking juice to survivors
remove it.
just like DS or OoO a lot of these perks and addons are relics. They fit the frnachises lore, sure, but they don't work for the game.
I'd probably just remove the Tombstone Piece and replace it with something else.
I don't think Myers needs to have two insta-kill add-ons. IMO, Judith's Tombstone is the more balanced of the pair (being UR and also hindering mobility), so T-Piece should get the boot.
To be fair thats a problem with michael in general. He gets 99 from a teammate then i get oneshotted because my teammate was a idiot.
I really hope Michael's evenutal rework won't change his addons all that much, at least not the good fun ones that change his playstyles.
Tombstone piece I can understand why it should get changes as it's pretty busted with how fast getting it up can be. Probably more cues to warn survivors of Micheal having tombstone would be nice, giving it movement speed penalty as well as further stalk increase would probably help a lot.