Blatant exploiting (Breakdown) needs to be bannable

I'm gonna be straight to the point, you need to make an announcement that running Breakdown is a bannable offense until you fix it as you did when Legion mend addons were bugged. The perk right now is bugged and hooks are down for the entire game. Went against a full swf and 2k'd against them on a match where I was dumpstering them, would've been a guaranteed 4k if I could hook people and he didn't get hatch, but I physically couldn't actually hook them anymore, half the map was pretty much completely safe because they were basically immune because of the 9 hooks I had previously, I didn't notice it until the first guy was dead and when I went to hook him if I didn't have agitation it would've probably been at most a 1k because of how many hooks were gone already. They had soul guard and I decided to bring Third Seal as a meme and I payed the price for it, picked the next guy I could find and slugged him to death. Seriously make it a bannable offense, I have seen maybe 3-4 people ever run that perk before this bug and now I get them every other game, it's not all of a sudden meta, it's bull #########. Please don't pull another Wake Up and let people get away with blatant exploiting over a month+ for free.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @glitchboi said:

    I have a great story to tell. I've posted it on another post, but I'm sure all of you would love to hear it, so sit back and read if you'd like. Lemme copy & paste it real quick...

    I had a game as Blight against a SWF team that had 2 No Mithers and 2 saboteurs. I think all of them had Breakdown, and they were all abusing it. At that time, Breakdown was bugged (and still is).

    Basically their strategy was to get hooked near each other in the corner of the map, they pulled it off sadly, and their plan was to use that corner to their advantage. The No Mither guys would run into that corner and attempt to loop me with the pallet they saved there, and if the pallet was gone they would try to just hold W to that corner and let themselves get downed there. If I tried to pick them up, the hooks would be SO far away it would have been impossible to hook them. If I left them downed there, they would have recovered up an infinite amount of times and then go to a generator. Even if I tried going to the closest one, the flashlight saver (if he was up) would try to flashlight save. If that failed, the other two would try to bodyblock and use Breakout to screw me over so that the No Mither user wiggles out. I realized what they were trying to do and I had a plan.

    My plan was to try and slug them so they bleed out. "But wouldn't making them bleed out take too much time?" Yeah, you're right. But you have 0 idea how many times I've downed these guys, even I lost count. So near the end of the game, I prioritized in killing the saboteur Yui so that it would be easier for me to focus on the others, maybe allowing me to get hooks. My idea worked... sort of. I was in a perfect situation with 3 of the survivors in that corner. I downed the Feng, downed the No Mither David, left them there, David recovers up, I wait 9 seconds to down him back, their bleedout timers are almost over. Unfortunately, the other NM David was gone. He was doing a gen. I didn't care, I needed these two dead. I would take a 3k. Now this is where the miracle happens.

    The Feng and the David bled out.

    After finishing his gen, the other David runs to them before they bled out, but he failed them, they were already dead. Aaaand I lethal rushed and hit him, left him there to bleed out because I didn't want to risk him getting hatch. Plus it was in the corner with the 2 hooks breakdowned. Later in the game they breakdowned more hooks around that corner, so it was actually impossible to hook anyone from that corner, even without bodyblockers. I am proud to take my W. Here are the game results:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/31MSZV9QGTBO/image.png

    Pyramid head mains: What's a hook?

  • for me it seems like it's really bannable. I reported one guy for breakdown bug abuse (ingame+support) and after a few days i saw "1 game ban on record" in his steam profile (1 day after support answered me)

  • @jokere98 said:

    for me it seems like it's really bannable. I reported one guy for breakdown bug abuse (ingame+support) and after a few days i saw "1 game ban on record" in his steam profile (1 day after support answered me)

    How did you know he was abusing it?

  • nah we know all about the hooks. we just choose not to use them :D

  • I remember when Legion had a game-breaking combo that was bannable if you used it.

    Why is this not being treated the same way just because it's a survivor exploit?

  • @SirCracken said:

    I remember when Legion had a game-breaking combo that was bannable if you used it.

    Why is this not being treated the same way just because it's a survivor exploit?

    Because Legion's game-breaking combo was the combination of two add-ons. This is caused by a perk. AFAIK the devs have never banned for perks.

    edit: yes this perk should be deactivated for the duration of this bug don't even attempt to put words in my mouth random forum user ive never seen before#27 (not directed to you SirCracken)

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120891#Comment_2120891

    Mhm, this is where reporting should actually be necessary. Unfortunately, they were all on console (except one) and I was on PC so I don't think I could have gotten them punished. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can try reporting console players next time something like this happens.

    I made a big mistake by not reporting them.

    So long as you specify they're on a different platform and give a gamertag you can get someone punished, though they have specifically asked nobody report for exploiting this as well as nobody report for the pallet glitch.

    Make sure you do specify because I once reported two Windows Store players and they didn't even look at the video before asking for a Steam ID.

    One passive aggressive email later and they re-looked through the report. So definitely specify they're cross-play.

  • Unless they’re also using No Mither, then the game can still be ended by the killer by mass slugging everyone. So it’s not necessary to make this exploitable bug a bannable offence.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120936#Comment_2120936

    nah we know all about the hooks. we just choose not to use them :D

    Yea hooks are overrated!

  • I though it ws 180 seconds, as hooks do regenerate when I use it. The devs said they're not changing the regen timer for this perk, are you sure its for the whole game or did the game end before the 180 seconds?

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    If they actually cared about the bug they'd just disable breakdown, which is less work than banning people who are abusing the bug and not susceptible to accidently banning people who decided to use the perk just because.

    Banning people for using bugs that are anything short of literally making the game completely unplayable is stupid, in any game. Literally just fix the bug

    +1

  • @SirCracken said:

    I remember when Legion had a game-breaking combo that was bannable if you used it.

    Why is this not being treated the same way just because it's a survivor exploit?

    Are you telling me that 1 survivor can break 11 hooks (11 hooks to kill? What are you doing!), out of 40-50. Oh no muh hooks.

  • Bring this up in bug reporting. That's the proper section for stuff like this.

  • Yeah ban everyone for having fun with a bug. Blame bhvr for being trash because they haven't immediately fixed a pretty new bug.


    Sounds hilarious to me, but I can see why it'd be frustrating. If it's sapping so much joy from the game, maybe just like.. take a little break. You can't expect them to fix every thing that goes wrong with lightning speed. They don't need to prioritize kicking people off their game forever over it. Lighten up.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121006#Comment_2121006

    Are you telling me that 1 survivor can break 11 hooks (11 hooks to kill? What are you doing!), out of 40-50. Oh no muh hooks.

    All it takes is 2-3 broken hooks to make an area completely safe for survivors, unless the killer has agitation, because they can't reach any hooks. Each map has around 12 hooks, not 40-50. It's really not that hard to see how broken this exploit is. Especially if every survivor is running Breakdown.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120491#Comment_2120491

    As you tagged a mod (Mandy) allow me to quote another (@Gay Myers (Luzi)):

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119150#Comment_2119150

    Breakdown is not bannable - people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.

    Please don't report people for it.

    Also in terms of your other comment- BHVR have never banned for perks specifically, to the best of my knowledge. Add-ons, yes- infinite mending legion, fast nurse being the two that spring to mind- however never for perks.

    Edit: Because I know someone will come here like "defending an exploit cause it's for a survivor so entitled"- it still has to be fixed ASAP and I completely agree it should be disabled until they can get a fix for it, however that's probably why it's not being banned for.

    The problem here, is that their logic is faulty. The reason they don't want to ban people is because:


    people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.


    And yet, how is that still not true for the legion mend bug, or the nurse spasmodic bug a few months back? It is the exact same logic. And yet, they banned people for using those things. It is a pretty clear double standard.

  • I was just trying to get my adept achievement on pig and I was so close only to not get it literally bc it was a three stack with no mither, soul guard, breakdown, borrowed time. I literally could not do anything. An entire side of the map had zero hooks and they refused to play the game and I could bleed them out for an extremely long time bc of no mither plus soul guard, it’s literally insane how powerful this combination is right now. They need to disable it because multiple people have reported the issue and they’ve done nothing.

  • @Peanits @not_Queen @Gay Myers (Luzi)


    The logic you posted here:

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    Breakdown is not bannable - people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.

    Please don't report people for it.

    Is still true for bugs like the legion mend bug and the nurse spasmodic breath bug a few months back. Yet you still banned for those because they were clear exploits. How is this any different? It is pretty clear when survivors are exploiting this in a SWF squad and block all the hooks in a corner of the map. Saying "the game can still end" is also still true with the legion and nurse bugs. Everything about both sets of bugs is exactly the same.


    You need to treat these bugs the same. And if you don't, it shows a clear double standard.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120554#Comment_2120554

    The problem here, is that their logic is faulty. The reason they don't want to ban people is because:

    people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.

    And yet, how is that still not true for the legion mend bug, or the nurse spasmodic bug a few months back? It is the exact same logic. And yet, they banned people for using those things. It is a pretty clear double standard.

    Nurse I agree with, it's suspicious. Legion's, though, got a game-wide announcement upon opening the game every single time.

  • How are you banning players who used thanatophobia and blades exploits in 2019, but not survivors who purposedly bring breakdown to break a killer important gameplay mechanic and then spam you gg ez in the post game chat.

    How hard is it to repeat the ingame news pop up telling it's exploitable and banable AGAIN like what happened in 2019? Oh, survivors were bringing a sabo build? Well killers were bringing slowdown build then, and getting banned.

    But of course, what is even easier, WHY NOT DISABLING IT, you can disable maps, you can disable addons, you can disable offerings, you can disable bloodlust, you can disable store items, you can disable purchases, you can disable rifts,...

    But not a perk. Wow. Too hard.

    Well, I'm sorry for the survivors during these 3 weeks until next update, I'm bringing blindness and slug perks. I'm tired of y'all trying to exploit in my matches.

  • they can de-activate the perk entirely until it's fixed like they do with maps , just saying.

  • @GannTM said:

    What can I say Breakdown is meta

    I miss omega mend legion that was fair right! XD

  • Yeah it’s weird they can’t just disable the perk. All but 2 people use it anyway

    Did they disable wake up when it was bugged? I honestly can’t remember

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Yeah it’s weird they can’t just disable the perk. All but 2 people use it anyway

    Did they disable wake up when it was bugged? I honestly can’t remember

    Nope, just lobbies full of Quentins til they eventually fixed it

  • Remember when BHVR disabled an entire realm because of a single totem spawn being bugged? Or BANNED people for doing the hilarious Nurse bug where you flew at mach speed through the map? And now we have things like Breakdown, j-flicking and when the tractor totems and the esc menu pausing Blight's rush were a thing and they couldn't care less.

    Lmao.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121006#Comment_2121006

    Because Legion's game-breaking combo was the combination of two add-ons. This is caused by a perk. AFAIK the devs have never banned for perks.

    edit: yes this perk should be deactivated for the duration of this bug don't even attempt to put words in my mouth random forum user ive never seen before#27 (not directed to you SirCracken)

    You are trolling right?

    This logic is like if you can get arrested for firing a pistol at a crowd, but not for firing a revolver at a crowd.

    Because "it's a different gun"

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121007#Comment_2121007

    You are trolling right?

    This logic is like if you can get arrested for firing a pistol at a crowd, but not for firing a revolver at a crowd.

    Because "it's a different gun"

    No, I'm genuinely not trolling. I'm also not saying that it's right. The perk should still be deactivated and if there's a team of people who knowingly exploiting it by spending all game in a section of the map with broken hooks whilst using no mither it should at least be reportable for griefing.

    I'm just trying to apply logic to the situation. Bhvr has never banned for perks. People always bring up legion infinite mend but they weren't perks, so I guess bhvr thinks its chill to ban for add-ons just not perks.

  • What did they exploit exactly? I am not aware of the exploit. Can someone explain it?

  • Just remove breakdown like they remove bugged maps. Simple really

  • I too faced a SWF of ttv who were not streaming, 3 running no mither, sabotage and with breakdown and burnt the oak while also taking me to hawkins. The one end of the map was a complete dead zone with no hooks, ended up slugging last one to bleed out even with his no mither. Think the funniest part was the fact they only completed 1 gen. But this team went in knowing the perk is broke, the hooks never re spawn from breakdown.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121922#Comment_2121922

    No, I'm genuinely not trolling. I'm also not saying that it's right. The perk should still be deactivated and if there's a team of people who knowingly exploiting it by spending all game in a section of the map with broken hooks whilst using no mither it should at least be reportable for griefing.

    I'm just trying to apply logic to the situation. Bhvr has never banned for perks. People always bring up legion infinite mend but they weren't perks, so I guess bhvr thinks its chill to ban for add-ons just not perks.

    a distinction without a difference

  • @CheesyGuy said:

    What did they exploit exactly? I am not aware of the exploit. Can someone explain it?

    If I'm not mistaken, the perk is bugged right now so it breaks hooks permanently. This means that sabo squads who exploit the bug can essentially make it impossible to hook them by the mid-late game.

  • In regards of my comment I made on another thread, it was in reference to the current situation, which is what I mentioned. Of course, it does not mean that the experience you are making is not being ruined which I am very sorry for, but as of now, it is not reportable.

    We do hear you though and we acknowledge how you feel. Feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate parties, so please know that it is not ignored.

1 2 ›