What is your current/favorite build to run on the Trickster?

My current build on him is Ruin + Undying (his non-existent map pressure doesn't help so I might as well), Iron Maiden (this perk has saved me soooo much time on him), and Monitor (really compliments his 24m terror radius).

Feel free to post your builds for him down here!

Comments

  • Ruin, Undying, M&A, and I don't have a set fourth perk.

    Ruin is just amazing on him. Something about him forces people off of gens. I don't really know why yet, it just does.

  • I have to tell you as a solo survivor when I hear that StarStruck sound I am oh sh*t lol.

  • Ruin undying (because map pressure is weak)

    tinkerer (capitalise on ruin and keep pressure up)

    4th is a chase perk like bamboozle, stbfl or my favourite brutal strength (just reduces time wasted on breaking walls and pallets which is helpful for a 110 killer)

    I did try fire up as well which was okay but only makes me wish it was buffed to 6% a token in stead of 4

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Ruin, Undying, M&A, and I don't have a set fourth perk.

    Ruin is just amazing on him. Something about him forces people off of gens. I don't really know why yet, it just does.

    I think it's because you can hit survivors across the map with the blades to scare them away? M&A also helps with that so it's pretty neato. I recommend Iron Maiden for that last perk, it's really helped me a lot.

    @sesawyer3127 said:

    I have to tell you as a solo survivor when I hear that StarStruck sound I am oh sh*t lol.

    I haven't came across Starstruck (considering I rarely play survivor nowadays) but I'm hoping I'll come across it someday.

  • @Vasedac said:

    For starters here is the list I have gathered of perks that work "decent enough" on Trickster. With and without combinations of other perks;

    A Nurses Calling, Agitation, Bamboozle, Barbecue & Chili, Brutal Strength, Corrupt Intervention, Deathbound, Discordance, Hex: Crowd Control, Hex: Ruin, Hex: Undying, I'm All Ears, Infectious Fright, Iron Grasp, Iron Maiden, Make Your Choice, Mindbreaker, Monitor and Abuse, Oppression, Pop Goes The Weasel, Save The Best for Last, Surveillance, Thanatophobia, Thrilling Tremors, and Trail of Torment.

    After so far 108 games since the recent update the build I have found works the best is;

    Agitation / Iron Maiden / Pop Goes The Weasel / Save The Best For Last - Hitting a survivor and then downing them with knives. Downing the obsession with only knives, when possible.

    The other strong perks I have been playing around with are Bamboozle, Monitor and Abuse, Oppression, Corrupt Intervention, Hex: Ruin / Hex: Undying combo, Oppression combo with other slowdown, and Surveillance. Trail of Torment seemed to get a great amount of value when I was running it.

    So far the ideal build I could come up with is that Agitation, and Iron Maiden are essential to save time. The other two need to cover being able to end chases quickly, slow the game down, and/or give information.

    Agitation on Trickster is an interesting choice, will have to try this build out once I get Agitation on him.

  • So far I don't have a favorite build on trickster. My luck with getting perks on him has been abysmal. I will most likely look for a proper build for him once he is P3....but for now, with the perks I was able to get, I am currently running Undying, Surveillance, Huntress Lullaby, and Oppression. It has been...interesting...as I don't think anyone I have faced expected it. At the very least I have fun with it for the moment.

  • I've found infectious fright to be quite good. Have been able to get an extra health state or down with a main event i was normally just going to cancel

  • What I used for trickster is simple: Stridor,ruin, undying,noed. So when start to faze I can hear where they are

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Ruin, Undying, M&A, and I don't have a set fourth perk.

    Ruin is just amazing on him. Something about him forces people off of gens. I don't really know why yet, it just does.

    He sucks so much survivors sometimes get cocky and go off to search chests and break all the dull totems lol.

    In all honesty ruin is not that great on him because he is so slow; and even his knives don't stop you from finishing a gen like a huntress hatchet would.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I've found infectious fright to be quite good. Have been able to get an extra health state or down with a main event i was normally just going to cancel

    Infectious is actually not bad on Trickster. It encouraged me not to waste Main Event and get actual value out of it.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115285#Comment_2115285

    He sucks so much survivors sometimes get cocky and go off to search chests and break all the dull totems lol.

    In all honesty ruin is not that great on him because he is so slow; and even his knives don't stop you from finishing a gen like a huntress hatchet would.

    I think it's honestly the best you can get as slowdown for Trickster.

  • For now, M&A, BBQ, Pop & Corrupt Intervention.

  • The idea build I suggest for Trickster after all my games with him and trying tons of variations:

    Corrupt Intervention, Pop goes the Weasel, Monitor and Abuse, Agitation.

    The reason for agitation is because even if only by 4% he has the slowest carry speed when carrying a survivor of any killer in the entire game, I don't know if it's a bug or what but it's 88%. The game wasn't really designed hook location wise to support you moving that slow when carrying though so that 4% can cause some trouble; but if you don't find it's an issue and you don't have a problem with flashlights or body blocks personally then feel free to drop it.

    Perks you could take instead of agitation might be I'm All Ears, Bamboozle, or Thrilling tremors.

    Ruin is touch and go because you just can't move around enough to squeeze a whole lot of use out of it, unless as I said earlier survivors are diddling about. I don't suggest BBQ because you can't do much with that information either, thrilling is a much better choice as it will give you information about the generators near you which is far more useful than seeing someone on the other side of the map as a 110 move speed killer.

    Getting close and surprising survivors with your decent mid range potential; or just getting the M1 is ideal.

    I'm all ears and other things can really help you at windows with walls, odds are you won't be getting much power use and even if you could there is rarely a time it's worth it, you can just mind game them into an M1 and with something like I'm all ears that becomes much easier.

    Bamboozle can have value but it's niche, it's mainly only needed for things like shack and a few other specific locations; so I would only take it in place of other perks like I said above if I did not have them at the ready.


    Anyways that's my thoughts on him after quite a few games.

  • Dear lord you guys are boring, get a personality pls

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115285#Comment_2115285

    He sucks so much survivors sometimes get cocky and go off to search chests and break all the dull totems lol.

    In all honesty ruin is not that great on him because he is so slow; and even his knives don't stop you from finishing a gen like a huntress hatchet would.

    I feel like everyone that says he sucks genuinely doesn't know how to play him.

    Heย can hit you anywhere. High walls aren't hard counters any more, they just slow him down a bit. Sure, he's not the next Nurse, but he doesn't suck. No killer with that low a cap on chase time can ever be bad.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115399#Comment_2115399

    I feel like everyone that says he sucks genuinely doesn't know how to play him.

    Heย can hit you anywhere. High walls aren't hard counters any more, they just slow him down a bit. Sure, he's not the next Nurse, but he doesn't suck. No killer with that low a cap on chase time can ever be bad.

    I mean...I've played him non stop pretty much since he came out, and I think he is still a bit underwhelming compared to most if not all the other killers in the game. I think I have a pretty good handle on him so far too.

    If I am wrong so be it you won't see many more tweaks or improvements to him going forward; but I think we probably will.

    If just saying other people who don't agree with you must just be bad is the defense you want to use I won't stop you; but I am not going to argue with it either.

  • Salt build. Pretty much I go in without any perks or add-ons and get a 4K and get everyone to start calling me every name in the book ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @SamsungSidney said:

    Salt build. Pretty much I go in without any perks or add-ons and get a 4K and get everyone to start calling me every name in the book ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ๐Ÿ˜‚ Haha or my personal favorite:


    *Only injure two people the ENTIRE game with his power but get a 4k*

    Survivor: "Omfg they overbuffed that pos killer"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115439#Comment_2115439

    ๐Ÿ˜‚ Haha or my personal favorite:

    *Only injure two people the ENTIRE game with his power but get a 4k*

    Survivor: "Omfg they overbuffed that pos killer"

    I know some salty console players that want to message me but can't because I'm on PC ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • BBQ, Monitor and abuse, Infectious, Corrupt