who here thinks token totem's should not be lit until yhere power activates
Like if you run ruin and another hex that's a token hex people end up killing your token hex so why not change it enough that as soon as one part of the power activates ot lights up I mean it can discourage people running a high tier hex as its power activates fast I run devour hope and I'd at least like to get the speed boost once a match
Comments
I just don't think they should be lit at all.
To be fair, it should be habit for survivors to take down unlit totems to prevent NOED. So not having them lit up wouldn't be all that big of a deal. It would also give hex users a fairer chance instead of loosing their totems less than a minute into the game.
Yes they could, and as mentioned, people should be taking down unlit totems anyway to reduce the risk of NOED activating. But if the totems are all unlit then survivors cannot immediately zero in on non endgame hex perks which is pretty much what they do now, thanks partly to terrible totem placements. The goal wouldn't be to prevent survivors from deactivating a hex, but to slow down the process just a little. Most hex's like ruin are employed to slow down the game and as it stands now, most hex's are killed so quickly its ridiculous. Turning off the totem light won't be game breaking, it just buy's a little time.
I just had a game with ruin+devour+haunted grounds
All totems were gone after 1 minute, will never do that again
People could still destroy the dull totems and no hex would spawn, so really nothing would happen..
@redsopine1
It wouldn't slow down the process, because as I said, survivors would just tack down each totem they come across. If they already cleanse each totem they come across for NOED anyway, then what's the point? If anything, it just sounds like a way to forcefully teach survivors how to counter NOED and render it useless. This would not solve anything.
By the way, this was only rank 9 because I avoid high ranks now, but even low ranks know how to spawn next to totems.....
That would be a good idea honestly. And they need to hide the totems a little better in some of the maps, like I shouldn't be spawning next to your totem. Of course I don't feel bad for breaking it early in the game lols, but still it shouldn't be out in the open so much.
Not really, A lot of good survivors do not even bother with unlit totems, myself included. Noed isnt that prevalent in the game. And if they do have it you generally have enough time to find the totem because the killer will camp the hooked person anyways.
Any buff would be welcome, especially to the weaker hexes.
Hexes shouldn't even notify survivors, except at the lowest ranks.
At rank 1 totems are killed regardless if lit or unlit at least by the people that know what they're doing so this would only help at high ranks or against noobs.
They shouldn't be lit at all. Every totem on the map should be dull. That Hex is a personal thing between the Killer and the Entity and should not be noticeable by the Survivors. Give them something to do other than gens. Isn't that what Survivors are always crying about? Give us more objectives so we don't genrush? Dull those totems and that will slow the game down a bit.
ive tried totem builds in the past myself and went away from them because as people have stated even a full hex build they didn't make it 1 min in game . This is mostly because of bad map placements . I mean like lets not put a totem someplace a survivor doesn't go lets put it on the edge of a hill , or tuck it into a open corner next to a gen .
I think taking the light from them would make up for the crap placement ideas they did . because any totem could be the one , not just the glowing one on the edge of a hill that stands out like a beacon ...
That would make hex devour ass tier 1 powerful as hell
Totally true, because it is easier to come to the forum and complain about Noed and use peer pressure to make everyone believe it is a noob crutch perk, than actually play against it and prevent it by using it's build in counter.
Why won't you break all the totems out there, if they're always unlit, and totem perks are meta (though, I doubt it). Searching for all totems takes ~80 seconds for one survivour, which is much faster if 2~3 will do it. It's not that hard.
Most Hex Perks vs an SWF team are going to be useless. Unless you run Haunted Ground to balance it a bit. Most Hex Perks at high ranks are extremely high risk with moderate reward period. I personally wouldn't use them myself (######### that RNG on placement), but if they actually changed them so that none of them glowed except for the Killer, it might be worthwhile.
I've been playing against a lot of Killers who aren't even using Ruin. Gens get done a bit faster, but they have that extra slot for another more useful Perk. Can put some good pressure on gens if you aren't playing Defend the Totem and are using something else to assist. Against 2-man or solo of course. Most of the lobbies I join are this. Maybe a 3-man at times, but usually it's a 2-man with another solo.
No BP if you're maxed out in Boldness.
Also it takes much longer than 80 seconds to search for all 5 totems, there's things like Oh I don't know los blockers, large objects in the way, map sizes. Then there's my favorite reason it can take a while to find all the totems, there's this very big usually killer looking for survivors doing just that.
I mean it's not like the killer is going to just let people waltz around looking for totems without going to go ask for a hug with a sharp pointy object if they see them.