I just want to make a point about everyone saying "solo survivor's need a buff"

No they don't. IF ANYTHING swf needs to be nerfed. An okay group of solo's who stick to gens instead of running stupid hook bomb plays and flashlight save failed attempts will almost always get the gen's done.

Idk where this philosophy of Buffing solo survivors as a go to solution and then saying we gonna buff killer now that survivor is working so much better. Seriously ppl, every buff to survivor is in effect a nerf to killer. Please get that through your heads.

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096039#Comment_2096039

    And what about the SWFs who aren't all expert survivors playing tryhard and teabagging at a minimum safe distance from the killer?

    I play SWF with friends, and we're average at best. Most of us die most games, if not all of us. We don't need any nerfs, or stronger killers.

    Buff, solo survivors via information tools.

    Even bad players T-bag at exit gates at maximum safety

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096049#Comment_2096049

    Right, and the solo survivor buffs will go through as a result. You guys get 1 month of the game maybe (not even garunteed) being killer sided and then you get your buffs. MEanwhile going on 4 years of a very survivor sided game at rank 1

    Could you rephrase this? I can't understand what you are trying to say. It seems like you are saying that the game will probably be killer sided for a month after solo queue is buffed and then killers will be buffed which makes little to no sense.

    @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096045#Comment_2096045

    I will point to your supreme lack of evidence and anecdotal comparisons

    You are calling someone else out for not providing evidence but you said that "every good killer gets cancelled in the PTB" without providing evidence (I am also going to assume that you are trying to say that they are nerfed in the PTB). I don't remember Spirit being nerfed in her PTB, I don't remember freddy being nerfed in his, and I don't remember ANY actually.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095937#Comment_2095937

    The 'Survivor Instinct' suggestion is exactly what SWF can already do... by telling each other where they are.

    Adding this wouldn't give SWF any additional advantage, but it would give solo survivors more information that would bring them up to SWF levels.

    I would imagine it appearing just like Killer Instinct, in which case it can be as much of a hindrance as a bonus, because it will temporarily mask any other info like auras for the 2-4 seconds it's up.

    The premise that any survivor needs to communicate is insane. People go outside the games boundries to do this. Its not intended and shouldnt be normalized unless you want to give it to killer at the same time.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096070#Comment_2096070

    Could you rephrase this? I can't understand what you are trying to say. It seems like you are saying that the game will probably be killer sided for a month after solo queue is buffed and then killers will be buffed which makes little to no sense.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096059#Comment_2096059

    You are calling someone else out for not providing evidence but you said that "every good killer gets cancelled in the PTB" without providing evidence (I am also going to assume that you are trying to say that they are nerfed in the PTB). I don't remember Spirit being nerfed in her PTB, I don't remember freddy being nerfed in his, and I don't remember ANY actually.

    The first part you quoted is a reply to what you said. So not survivors being buffed first but killer being buffed first.

    Second, OG freddy, oni, and trickster all got nerfed on release and were stronger in their PTBs. Spirit got a buff yes and it was a good idea becuase no one would ever play an m1 killer that has 110% movespeed if their power also sucked. But Nurses rework was a big ASSS nerf and it went through despite killer's protest. The only thing that needed nerfed was her range add ons, and even then only the best ppl in the game could utilize them properly. Second, the lack of evidence claim is about something someone could not possibly know, that being that 99% of the forum goers are killer mains. Verifiably false

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096083#Comment_2096083

    Mmm... im out of words, see you in the fog fellow citizen

    For the record, you in this case was not to you specifically, but ppl like that. Internet stuff ya know?

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096064#Comment_2096064

    The premise that any survivor needs to communicate is insane. People go outside the games boundries to do this. Its not intended and shouldnt be normalized unless you want to give it to killer at the same time.

    Do you not have any friends?

  • I'll play some swf with my friends tonight probably why?

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096073#Comment_2096073

    Even bad players T-bag at exit gates at maximum safety

    You know that's not what I mean.

    Expert, tryhard SWFs who will crowd around a killer at the last gen, all about 20 meters away so that no matter who gets chased, the others can be right on that gen in a flash and have it completed before the one who gets chased is even injured.

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096110#Comment_2096110

    I'll play some swf with my friends tonight probably why?

    Hope you keep off comms then.

  • No, we will be on coms and we will probably talk about how my friends work was that day and if he says hes being chased so hes trying to focus I won't complain. Will I Tbag the killer? If they try to tunnel me and get stuffed then hell yea. Will I play solo que tomorrow and not bich about not having those advantages? Absolutely.

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096066#Comment_2096066

    That would make DBD go down, and no survivors would play. Would you like that??

    Wathever it takes to get 4K comfortably.

  • wjy because I'm right killers shouldn't see who paired up because they just dodge till they know they 4 solo and solo should know because then they know how they may play together.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096085#Comment_2096085

    wjy because I'm right killers shouldn't see who paired up because they just dodge till they know they 4 solo and solo should know because then they know how they may play together.

    No because you just agreed with 6 different heavily surivivor favored changes and you want to make it 7. Because killers are too stronk. Get out plz. Before you embarrass yourself

  • I don't want Solo Survivors to be buffed...

    Because then I'd be in Red Ranks.

    No thanks.

    Ah, that just rhymed. Lol.

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096061#Comment_2096061

    and they will wait for hours to get a game. Seems a fitting price to pay

    No suggestion made by you will ever be taken seriously if you keep making these asinine comments.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096066#Comment_2096066

    No suggestion made by you will ever be taken seriously if you keep making these asinine comments.

    If you knew the context you wouldn't say that

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096152#Comment_2096152

    No because you just agreed with 6 different heavily surivivor favored changes and you want to make it 7. Because killers are too stronk. Get out plz. Before you embarrass yourself

    killers are not strong but neither is solo they need something to bring them up to swf lvl and I know some solo are good together but it don't make them as strong as SWF group that why both solo and killer need to be buff together.

  • You can't nerf swf.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096166#Comment_2096166

    killers are not strong but neither is solo they need something to bring them up to swf lvl and I know some solo are good together but it don't make them as strong as SWF group that why both solo and killer need to be buff together.

    no survivor is strong solo or not. You just have to git gud, which is really ez.

  • The thread author must be a killer main or SWF. Solo is horrible, you have to fight the killer AND a team that gonna leave you to death if needed

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096344#Comment_2096344

    no survivor is strong solo or not. You just have to git gud, which is really ez.

    this coming from someone who wants killers buffed when facing swf or letting the killer know who in a group or not which would kill this game because most killers would dodge swf group no matter if it a 2 man 3 man or 4 man group

    btw i play both sides as well and tho killer can be hard so can playing solo survivor.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096474#Comment_2096474

    this coming from someone who wants killers buffed when facing swf or letting the killer know who in a group or not which would kill this game because most killers would dodge swf group no matter if it a 2 man 3 man or 4 man group

    btw i play both sides as well and tho killer can be hard so can playing solo survivor.

    Solo survivor is often [BAD WORD]ing miserable because you never know if you're going to get decent teammates or if you're in for a 1v4 where it's you vs the killer and 3 other survivors. Play like a good teammate, get abandoned. Try to play smart, get sandbagged. Will your teammates be potatoes? Are they going to suicide on the hook? Are they going to self-care in the corner? Refuse to heal you? Farm you off the hook? Cut you off to farm someone else off the hook, getting them killed because they didn't have BT? Be too oblivious to notice the killer has Discordance?

    ... I hate playing survivor. At least if my teammates were bots I'd have a better idea of what to expect. It only takes one bad survivor to bring the other three down, because I can't necessarily even protect myself from them much less my teammates.

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095886#Comment_2095886

    Killers have challenges too? many of which are kick a gen

    Pop Goes The Weasel is extremely popular, and Overcharge isn't terribly rare.

  • I hate it when the forum eats my long posts.

    • Swf is mechanically not different from solo. There are zero differences in gampley the devs could tweak in its current implementation.
    • If the devs were to somehow manage to nerf swf, they'd go back to lobbydodging until they're 'just 4 random dudes who happen to know each other who coincidentally joined the same killer-lobby.

    We cannott give "solo" new toys which "swf" doesnt have, as they'd be, by current design of the game, also be applied to "swf". I strongly oppose adding aura reading or UI info to survivor, as Swf doesnt magically have more info than solos, theyre just able to relay it to others after having gathered it the normal way. The " relay" is the crux of the advantage, not the "gathering".

    The most sense makes a chat wheel or message system ( " focus gens" is really powerful as message, "heal me" might be useful ). A ping system to highlight generators, chests etc for each other could work, but might be bustedly strong and be more useful to swf than solo.

    As the mori/keys debacle has shown, we cant have the killer compensation only start development when the solo-swf stuff has already been implemented. It would need tho happen at the same time or within a week. Speaking of which, the killer compensation should be general killer mechanics applied to ALL killers, not some minor tweaks to abilities. We're talking about giving ALL survivors buffs, so ALL killers need to benefit from the compensation.

    Working sounds would be a start, stuff about generator regression, better fov, brighter blood, a slimmer collision box, i think there are lots of small changes that could be applied to the killer base kit.

  • look, i see your point but stop talking like my teammates are gods. they could add stuff like text whisper chat which wouldnt help swf players but would be vital to solo queue.

  • Buffing solo q and killers is easier than nerfing swf.

    I've not once in nearly 4 years playi g this game see anyone give me a GOOD swf nerf suggestion.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096527#Comment_2096527

    Solo survivor is often [BAD WORD]ing miserable because you never know if you're going to get decent teammates or if you're in for a 1v4 where it's you vs the killer and 3 other survivors. Play like a good teammate, get abandoned. Try to play smart, get sandbagged. Will your teammates be potatoes? Are they going to suicide on the hook? Are they going to self-care in the corner? Refuse to heal you? Farm you off the hook? Cut you off to farm someone else off the hook, getting them killed because they didn't have BT? Be too oblivious to notice the killer has Discordance?

    ... I hate playing survivor. At least if my teammates were bots I'd have a better idea of what to expect. It only takes one bad survivor to bring the other three down, because I can't necessarily even protect myself from them much less my teammates.

    have you read my post on here? I can't tell if you agree or disagree with me

    I sticking up for solo I know it hard I only play solo

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096567#Comment_2096567

    have you read my post on here? I can't tell if you agree or disagree with me

    I sticking up for solo I know it hard I only play solo

    I was agreeing with you and taking the opportunity to vent a little.

    The idea that being a solo in the same lobby as SWF benefits the solo survivor, as OP seems to think, is ludicrous. Not all SWF are like that, sure, some of them are nice to randoms, but there are a lot of them who practically help the killer to get the solo killed if it'll increase their group's own chances of escaping. The game's not balanced to be one survivor vs four other players.

    OP's idea to balance the game is misguided. Not that it's that important, really, the devs have said they'll never do anything that can be seen as punishing people for playing with friends. Making the killer more powerful or slowing down gen speeds would be seen as punishing SWF, so it won't happen. The discussion is a dead-end. But, no one who plays killer should entertain the notion that solos are benefiting when the other survivors are SWF. That's not how it works, and any player who believes such is obviously not playing enough solo survivor if they are so lacking in empathy and ignorant of the actual situation.

1 2 3 ›