Trickster 115%
I do get why some people say he just needs to have a faster movement speed but after thinking for a moment it doesn't change anything.
I actually think they shouldn't touch his movement because it isn't the problem, his power and only his power, that is the problem. There are buffs that can definitely make him stronger without touching his base movement speed but the unfortunate thing is that I don't think they'll give him buffs that boost him to nurse or spirit tier.
Comments
Changing is movement speed would be the devs saying “ we know his power sucks but now you can M1 more” pretty much
The difference between a 110 and 115 killer is the ability to play tiles as a basic m1 killer. That's why people are calling for him to be made a 115 killer: so he can do something about maze tiles, shack, main buildings, rock loops, tall car loops...
I would rather they buff his power, but the absolute very least they could do is enable Trickster to play tiles normally.
Not every killer needs to be nurse spirit tier when you buff a character you have to buff there main weaknesses while keeping there identity
Trickster is a really strange killer. He is the weakest right now but he is in a situation where "balancing" him would be a problem. Due to his power even small buff can make that guy strong which then people are gonna open threats like "Trickster OP after patch" and etc... Sadly because of this reason I think he is the worst designed killer( For the mechanic part) in the game. Yes BHVR tried something new, something unique but at the end it was disaster. I hope they will learn a lesson from this example which is much more important. I am not blaming them for Trickster because for many companies new is always hard and they tried something new. I hope that new killers will be much more better but sadly Trickster will be remembered by their "disaster".
Of they can't even buff his power in a good way. The only comparison to be made is between Huntress who arguably has the same issue yet she's 50 0r maybe 100 times better than Trickster in every way. It takes 7 knives just to remove 1 health state while it takes a single hatchet to remove a single health state.
This is not new or unique they took plague and huntress and splashed a little bit of slinger then called it a day
A fair point which by that logic he will inevitably be reworked in the future. Buffing stats and changing numbers will not help him something in his main kit has to be changed including add ons because a lot of them suck.
Actually, it seems pretty clear that a good Trickster is supposed to be like a good Doctor or Pyramid Head: you can't win. However they artificially broke his aim and made him slow himself down immensely, which is the only reason he is comparable to Huntress.
I think of it like this instead of makeing the killer 115 make them worthy of 110
I would be OK with him having 115 as it would help differentiate him from Hunteress and Deathslinger a bit more.
Buffing his daggers would be like: "Eh. All right. So now he's just like Huntress instead of Huntresses' ######### little brother."
Making him an M1 killer with a ranged option would, actually, make him a bit unique... as I don't believe any 115 killers exist that can wound people at range.
I don't actually see any slinger though I don't really like it when people say they took a little Huntress and this killer and blam. To an extent its true but it's also not. His mechanics, style and weapons are completely different with the similarities being he's a projectile killer which will inevitably be in some way like other projectile killer.
If you look at that way then each killer is copy of the others. I mean yes in logical they have similar mechanics but that does not mean it is not "unique". Trust me BHVR will worked many hours to make that killer even with the skeleton mechanics. I understand your point and yes it should be better killer but it is not and I cant blame them directly. We dont know what is happening at the company and etc... Moreover pandemic hit all the sectors and affecting the efficeny one way or another and we saw different examples of them for another companies and their games ( I dont know if naming the game is legal or not so I am gonna give example and just say 2077). So I am not gonna be harsh on them but they really need to work harder right now to close this gap. But at the end they did a damage.
I say slinger since he has a smol projectile to go through smol holes at loops. But his weapon has been done before with doctor not only the stick thing but also doc already has like 3 baseball bats. His style is unique and I like it but his power is not unique at all.
I dont blame him for being not unique but like I dont get how anyone can look at tricksters power and think thats unique
But it defeats the purpose of him being a ranged killer. The mindset and standard of what a ranged killer is that their power can wound or down at a distance which is why they are slower to compensate for the fact that they don't need to be breathing down your neck.
The problem with Trickster is that his ranged power is not strong enough to compensate for his slow speed. His power needs to become stronger to justify his slow speed instead of giving him speed to justify a bad power.
I am not talking about his power. I am talking about his overall style. His power is def not unique.
The only buff I think they could give Trickster without making him way too strong is making him not lose all the knives hit after a M1 and just lose some of them (with a top limit like you can only conserve up to 4 hits), this way you could toss some knifes during vaults, get an M1 if you cant hit them with ranged attacks and for the second health state at least you dont need to start from scratch.
Pyramid Head, Plague and Demogorgon (he uses himself as proyectile).
The Devs has a choice on their hands. Either make the Trickster a 115% killer and keep him weak at a distance, or keep him a 110% killer and make him much more of a threat at a distance
making someone 115% destroys their power budget, it's exactly why Legion is so boring and simple. Trickster shouldn't suffer the same fate.
I think if they kept him 110, they need to look at knives need to injure, laceration meter and recoil. All 3 of those things needs changes.
Ngl I just want to be allowed to bounce knives off stuff at people; and have them actually do something.
If they let me do that I would be happy even if he still sucks.
They can make them not bounce off the ground or just when within a meter or so of a survivor so you can't cheese your shots into them though. Cause bouncing shots outside of that is actually hard and should be rewarding, not "half laceration damage" get out of here with dumb ideas like that; it should do more than normal outside of feet shots.
His ranged power just simply isn't good enough to warrant him being 110. If they buffed it to be equal to Huntress or Slinger's then they could keep him 110.
But I don't see how they could ever make his power better than Huntresses, because, by design, hers is just much better with the 1 vs 8 hits to take a health state.
I think they should buff his movement speed, but they should do something that makes him unique. I'd like to see them buff his movement speed to be 120 or even 125%. Then make it so his m1s apply 4 stacks of laceration (meaning 4 m1s to down) this makes him an actual unique killer that is different than the others rather than just an objectively worse huntress or deathslinger.
Oh. I had no idea Plague was 115. I thought she was 110. Why is she like the least played killer then? She's freakin' godly.
But yeah, makes it even more logical that Trickster should be 115 - his power is such garbage compared to Plagues.
I don't think he needs to be 115%. Just lower the amount of knives needed, remove the laceration timer, make ricochet base kit, and allow him to activate his power when he wants.
Basically. Might as well remove his power if they made him 4.6 m/s because there would be absolutely no reason to use it.
I understand the concern that his power cannot be buffed if he is made faster, but I also think how slow he moves is part of why his power is so weak. You start throwing blades and they gain distance on you pretty fast if they decide to run for it. Then they run somewhere you can't really use your blades effective and the laceration goes down by the time you get there.
Personally I could giving him bouncing blades, faster movement speed, laceration not going down in chase or just slower, and Showstopper being held onto till he uses it instead of some time limited thing.
Definitely think that laceration needs an effect to give trickster more versatility.
Keep the injury on the 8th knife, but give each stack below that a debuff to Survivors actions.
This would give the killer the choice of going for the health state or switching targets to slow down grouped teammates.
His identity right now is sucking, and being 115% might fix that.
he'll never compete in red rank SWFs no matter how many buffs he gets
HE MOVES EVEN SLOW WHEN HIS BLADES ARE OUT
how the ######### am I suppose to catch up to anyone?
for a guy that drinks soda all day to gain energy for his singing he is slow as #########
Increasing his speed would, as you suggest, just make him an M1 killer who doesn't need his power. Then again, that's pretty much what Plague is if nobody cleanses.
He could do with a 'catch up' mechanic though, but increasing his speed to 115% isn't it.
Instead, his lacerations should inflict a 1% slow on the survivor for each laceration, up to a maximum of 7%. This would more or less have the same result in a chase, but it would reward the use of his power. It would either allow you to catch up and M1, or reduce the survivors ability to break LoS and get your 8th knife hit in there.
This could even be an add-on if it's too strong as basekit, but I would suggest it be a couple of add-ons at different rarities. e.g. a common add-on that can slow survivors per laceration up to 3%, an uncommon to 5%, and a rare to 7%.
A 110% killer should be able to use their power almost at every tile. A 115% killer can have a circumstantial power.
So it's either change his power somehow that he can somewhat reliably use it at almost every tile. Or bumb up his speed.
Honestly i think just making him not slow down while holding out and throwing daggers would be a world of difference