Why hooks aren't a good win condition

Hooks are healthier for the game when the killer is in control of how many he can get. Most of the time he is not. Survivors can dc or kill themselves on hook to limit your hooks. This game I got 2 hooks and a 4k because 3 people dc. I de-pip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDfFx2aEAWQ


Comments

  • Piping in this game is not a bonus but malus. U r just making your game boring if u insist ranking up

  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    Piping in this game is not a bonus but malus. U r just making your game boring if u insist ranking up

    didn't make the game boring, in fact they made it boring for me since they dc'd

  • @CanWeGetANewMap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050084#Comment_2050084

    didn't make the game boring, in fact they made it boring for me since they dc'd

    If u like rank 1 bully squads then good for you, for u r energetic

  • The only 2 hook criteria for the emblem system in place are 1 point after 9 hooks and 1 point for hooking everyone once. DC/Kill/Sacrifice award 2 points no matter the number of hooks. The only way to remove someone from the game without piping is to let them bleed out.

  • @lagosta said:

    The only 2 hook criteria for the emblem system in place are 1 point after 9 hooks and 1 point for hooking everyone once. DC/Kill/Sacrifice award 2 points no matter the number of hooks. The only way to remove someone from the game without piping is to let them bleed out.

    In the video you can see that they dc`d and i did not bleed them out.

  • @CanWeGetANewMap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050189#Comment_2050189

    In the video you can see that they dc`d and i did not bleed them out.

    And you're missing 8 devout points and should report this as a bug.


    "The DEVOUT Emblem represents the Killer's ability to sacrifice and kill Survivors.

    Each Survivor eliminated from the Trial grants points.

    Sacrifices, Moris, and Reverse Bear Trap kills grant the same amount of points.

    No points are awarded for any Survivor that bleeds out.

    Hooking all Survivors at least once will guarantee at minimum a Bronze Emblem.

    An Iridescent Emblem requires performing nine or more Hook actions in the Trial. Your goal is to gain as many points as possible for this Emblem:

    • 0 points: starting value
    • 2 points: awarded for each Sacrifice
    • 2 points: awarded for each Kill
    • 0 points: for each bleed-out death
    • 2 points: awarded for each Disconnect
    • 1 point: awarded for having hooked all Survivors at least once
    • 1 point: awarded when Survivors have been hooked for 9 times."
  • I've had 8 hook games where I end up with no kills every so often and depip just because I tried to make the match more fun for everyone. Feelsbadman

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I've had 8 hook games where I end up with no kills every so often and depip just because I tried to make the match more fun for everyone. Feelsbadman

    They need to rework the Devout Emblem to count hooks instead of just kills/DC/Sacrifice with a bonus for interchanging survivors to discourage camping/tunneling.

  • Had four survivors DC yesterday and the result screen said Entity Displeased. Back at the menu I noticed my rank didn't go down.

    ๐Ÿ˜•

  • The devout emblem absolutely needs to be revisited. Particularly the '9 hooks or bust' stipulation is extremely detrimental to the game, as well as the 'only kills count' problem.


    I made a topic about it and suggested a rework:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/235262/devout-emblem-needs-some-work

  • Plus the killers are you know KILLERS, they're not the hookers.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050226#Comment_2050226

    They need to rework the Devout Emblem to count hooks instead of just kills/DC/Sacrifice with a bonus for interchanging survivors to discourage camping/tunneling.

    honestly, love the sound of that

  • This is the suggestion I made in another post to encourage killers not to with camping and tunneling:

    1-The game always starts with an obsession, so the threat of DS is always looming around the corner.

    2-Change the devout emblem system:

    -Each hook state counts as 0,5 point.

    -Hooking a different survivor from the previous one awards a bonus of 0,25 point. First hook also gets this bonus.

    -Kill, and DC counts as applying the remaining hooks consecutively. Ex: a killer with H:DH mori a survivor that was never hooked. They will get 0,75 (first stage) + 0,5 (second stage) + 0,5 (third stage) as if they hooked them in succession.

    -The last remaining point is awarded after reaching 9 hooks.

    3-Introduce a score event the counts the streak that starts on the first non-consecutive survivor hooks with increasing BP rewards for the killer and resets if the killer hooks the same s

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050485#Comment_2050485

    This is the suggestion I made in another post to encourage killers not to with camping and tunneling:

    1-The game always starts with an obsession, so the threat of DS is always looming around the corner.

    2-Change the devout emblem system:

    -Each hook state counts as 0,5 point.

    -Hooking a different survivor from the previous one awards a bonus of 0,25 point. First hook also gets this bonus.

    -Kill, and DC counts as applying the remaining hooks consecutively. Ex: a killer with H:DH mori a survivor that was never hooked. They will get 0,75 (first stage) + 0,5 (second stage) + 0,5 (third stage) as if they hooked them in succession.

    -The last remaining point is awarded after reaching 9 hooks.

    3-Introduce a score event the counts the streak that starts on the first non-consecutive survivor hooks with increasing BP rewards for the killer and resets if the killer hooks the same s

    A lot of killers are against the always have an obsession thing and I truly don't understand why. I'm conviced the only players that are are just hardcore tunnelers. I don't think it'd be a problem with new DS.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050499#Comment_2050499

    A lot of killers are against the always have an obsession thing and I truly don't understand why. I'm conviced the only players that are are just hardcore tunnelers. I don't think it'd be a problem with new DS.

    IMO, an obsession should always spawn for the same reason dull totems do even in matches with no Hex perks. Both just provide event scores.