Is Gideons meatplant survivor or killer favored?

I was talking to my friends about this map and I was kinda surprised we disagreed. They think the map is killer favored (significantly so) and I think it's much more survivor favored (outside of particular killers like blight, nurse and spirit).

How do you all feel about it?

Comments

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031396#Comment_2031396

    How many deadend areas are there, actually? You do know if you run into them, you can take a hit and use the speedboost to get to the next chain of 3 safe pallets right? Unless you are unlucky enough to hit a dead end when already injured. If it happens multiple times, then maybe plan your chases better, I mean it's probably one of the few requiring tasks of being a survivor, to plan a chase effectively.

    I think the few dead-ends are outweighed by the 20+ safe pallets on the map you can waste the killers time with.

    I haven't counted but I know there are several. It is tilting for it to be a bubba and he bodyblocks you because he refuses to break the wall. I haven't seen that many pallets on the map either, I think it is exaggerated, and there are no windows.

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030911#Comment_2030911

    if you're on pc (if you're on console, then I understand. I hear he's pretty bad in any map), you absolutely can use his power in loops. it's very much so usable in the regular tiles in the first floor as well. some are actually favorable to blight unless they're pallets that are designed to be thrown around immediately, but that actual loops are just fine for blight.

    You physically cannot use his power unless the survivors don't know how to play agaisnt him. They have enough time with each bump to avoid the following Lethal Rush if they know the basics of positioning themselves against Blight thanks to the shape of the loops. Sure, in the open central area you can punish W-holding, but otherwise there's too many corners and too many round loops. The only time I've ever successfully used Blight in loops on Gideon is when I was experimenting with the 180 exploit to prove how busted it is.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It is killer sided. There is a lot of deadend areas where it is one way in and no way out. At least it is not like Ormonds where every pallet is a death trap.

    hi sluzzy

  • I'm not sure about the pallet count anymore. When they first released it the pallets were like 25+ with so many safe and God pallets that it boggled the mind. However, I think they shadow nerfed it because the last 3-4 times I played it the pallets seemed pretty normal and spread out. I didn't count, but I certainly wasn't having to eat lumber ever few seconds.

  • for an m1 killer with no anti-loop its super survivor sided

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It is killer sided. There is a lot of deadend areas where it is one way in and no way out. At least it is not like Ormonds where every pallet is a death trap.

    Sluzzy from the little bit I've read from you it sounds like you are of the opinion killers are all op

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031240#Comment_2031240

    You physically cannot use his power unless the survivors don't know how to play agaisnt him. They have enough time with each bump to avoid the following Lethal Rush if they know the basics of positioning themselves against Blight thanks to the shape of the loops. Sure, in the open central area you can punish W-holding, but otherwise there's too many corners and too many round loops. The only time I've ever successfully used Blight in loops on Gideon is when I was experimenting with the 180 exploit to prove how busted it is.

    i've been fine with and without crow, but crow is also going to help you immensely in these situations.

    the flick is also pretty useful, i'd definitely keep using it! :)

  • Your friends are kind of dumb. Do they also think the sun is cold? Do they think the Detroit Lions are a successful NFL team? What other scorching hot takes do they have?

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I was talking to my friends about this map and I was kinda surprised we disagreed. They think the map is killer favored (significantly so) and I think it's much more survivor favored (outside of particular killers like blight, nurse and spirit).

    How do you all feel about it?

    Survivor based in most cases, but some killers can take advantage of Gideon. Nurse, Spirit and Hag can traverse quickly between floors.

    I think Doctor enjoys Gideon if running certain builds (Distressing/Double Calm add ons). He can mess people up with Thrilling Tremors since his TR covers most of the map.

    I also really love Scratched Mirror Myers for Gideon. Hes slow, but there's a lot of blind areas that he can sneak up on survivors.

1 2 ›