Has anyone thought people play spirit w stridor because they have bad headsets

I just got a new astro a50 headset today and oml its amazing

so I put it to the test by playing spirit often I run stridor because hearing I'd normally a problem for my headsets due to them being meh at like 50$ at most

And I didn't have any issue tracking anyone other than the urban ace w ironwill

This made my think do people play spirit with stridor because they dont want, and shouldn't have to pay 300$ to play a killer very effectively? When you can have a 50 $ one with stridor


Please tell me someone has thought of this

Comments

  • No because even half decent headsets are cheap af. They do it to ensure they have an advantage.

  • No. Also $300 on a pair of headphones jeez that's nearly as expensive as my monthly rent lol.

  • Why would you play a hearing reliant killer when you have bad hearing equipment

  • Not really, I've played and won as Spirit with a broken headset, monosound, and damaged hearing. People use Stridor when they want easier games as her, me included. She's the person I play when I'm in a bad mood for a reason.

  • I just think they do for the same reason I run m&a on deathslinger, because though you don't need it, it's removes the itty bitty weakness they have in 1 v 1. With deathslinger it's them holding w early and spirit not being able to see them.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    No. Also $300 on a pair of headphones jeez that's nearly as expensive as my monthly rent lol.

    Yea ik thankfully It was a steal very cheap compared to how much they normally sell for

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I just think they do for the same reason I run m&a on deathslinger, because though you don't need it, it's removes the itty bitty weakness they have in 1 v 1. With deathslinger it's them holding w early and spirit not being able to see them.

    This is Also a fair reason

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028802#Comment_2028802

    Yea ik thankfully It was a steal very cheap compared to how much they normally sell for

    Good grief that's them on sale! I'll stick to my £30 ones lol, They may not be the best but they're pretty good and they also allow me to be able to also afford food lmao.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Why would you play a hearing reliant killer when you have bad hearing equipment

    Exactly that's why I think some people use stridor for spirit. not everyone like weenie dog said

    because console nurse is almost impossible due to freezing frames so why not play the 2ad best killer. but some people don't have the best headsets to play her . Know what I'm a stop my rant

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Why would you play a hearing reliant killer when you have bad hearing equipment

    Exactly. I have bad aim so why would I play huntress?

  • Stridor is not that much of and advantage, it won't magically get you kills.

    People who complain about stridor are just whiners.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    Stridor is not that much of and advantage, it won't magically get you kills.

    People who complain about stridor are just whiners.

    Not entirely I fell like it counters the iron will players and helps the ones with ok headsets.

    but then again I have also been able to track people by foot steps more pain if they have iron will unless they have urban of fixated. So idk rn

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    anyway stridor mandatory on some maps with iron will

    Agreed looking at midwich

  • Consolers: Wait, y'all use headsets?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Consolers: Wait, y'all use headsets?

    Yes we do sadly most of them are 5yr old that play fortnight and ear ######### you when you get them or message you

  • @th3 said:

    No because even half decent headsets are cheap af. They do it to ensure they have an advantage.

    Nah, I run Stridor cuz I use $5 earbuds since normal headsets hurt my head!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028796#Comment_2028796

    Nah, I run Stridor cuz I use $5 earbuds since normal headsets hurt my head!

    Same. I rock a $10 pair of earbuds. Stridor is kinda nice since chase music is so loud and Spirit's glass-crackling noises can be distracting.

  • I play spirit with only heavy metal music playing. The only way.

  • would people with bad headsets even be able to know the difference stridor can make?

  • I can't main spirit because i don't have good headsets. I really like her, but all sound bugs and inability to hear breathing and footsteps with my headset just ruins it for me. I might as well go blind if i play as her now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028867#Comment_2028867

    yes! no grass, no crow = gg

    even then iron will survivor crouch = guess...

    I don't see how it would be so much harder to track survivors on Midwich than other maps as Spirit? Footsteps on stone floors are very noticeable, and it's not like survivors can go anywhere but in a straight line down a corridor. The only map I hate tracking survivors on as Spirit is Lery's because some of those floors are actually bugged and survivors will often produce 0 sound when running across them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I play spirit with only heavy metal music playing. The only way.

    I can only play her with the sound of a vacuum cleaner going off in the background. Gotta stay in character the entire match, right?

  • My headset cost a lot but I still can't hear much due to the sounds being nerfed so many times over the years. Part of it is the chase music which is far louder than it used to be (watch old videos, the difference is striking) and the other half is that the game thinks even if you're outdoors, if there's a wall between you or near you all sound must be blocked.

    Really I think everyone takes Stridor on Spirit because of how many survivors are using Iron Will. That's the reason I take it anyway.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    I can't main spirit because i don't have good headsets. I really like her, but all sound bugs and inability to hear breathing and footsteps with my headset just ruins it for me. I might as well go blind if i play as her now.

    Exactly but my headset I haven't had a single audio issue other than the no sound when downed

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    would people with bad headsets even be able to know the difference stridor can make?

    Yea it's the difference between everyone having iron will without the perk and being able to slightly hear them

    considering that Nancy has like a mini panick attack in her breathing something a lot of people may not know only found this out today in a kyf because we we were bored

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028796#Comment_2028796

    Nah, I run Stridor cuz I use $5 earbuds since normal headsets hurt my head!

    Fair enough

  • I dont have an Issue with Stridor, it is the fact that as a survivor we get affected by it too. Tired of hearing our load ass grunts because some killers are deaf or with bad headsets. They should fix the audio to work only with killers