Can a mod please explain trickster nerf?

The changes are not very well received. Obviously the community is very confused at them. Can we get a mod in here to at least explain where the thought process is with these changes?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Clearly youre missing the absolute genius that is BHVR.

    /s

    It really seems like they think trickster is strong and they refuse to hear that hes really not. Also theyre pulling a classic bhvr move and NOT listening to the majority of feedback, because they're already doing a pretty good job.

    Honestly I think theyre afraid to make more strong killers because if they make them too strong (and simple) they end up with a freddy situation where everyone (most people) wants him nerfed, and bhvr agress hes performing too well, but they dont know how or why or in what areas, thus creating more work for them. And they really dont like work. Especially with its work that involves listening to the community and games playerbase. Because thats incredibly difficult I guess.

  • What changes?

    Where can I read them?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    What changes?

    Where can I read them?

    I'm not sure how to link it but someone's wrote a post on the forum listing all the changes if you want to take a look 🙂

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    What changes?

    Where can I read them?

    They posted changes on their Twitter https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1371537010649923599?s=19

  • It's just another example of them completely ignoring the community. But oh well they'll have loads of new cosmetics out we can buy for him so it's all good....right?? Lol

  • @Kirkylad said:

    It's just another example of them completely ignoring the community. But oh well they'll have loads of new cosmetics out we can buy for him so it's all good....right?? Lol

    Clearly they weren't completely ignoring the community as there are still many good changes they listed.

    The other thing is this still isn't a complete patch list, just a teaser. While what they have showed us is not enough to make Trickster good, we'll still have to wait til the actual patch notes to be certain there's no other changes that would help him.

  • Gearhead...I haven’t had a good nights sleep since Deathslinger. Why do you do these things BHVR >_<

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023366#Comment_2023366

    Clearly they weren't completely ignoring the community as there are still many good changes they listed.

    The other thing is this still isn't a complete patch list, just a teaser. While what they have showed us is not enough to make Trickster good, we'll still have to wait til the actual patch notes to be certain there's no other changes that would help him.

    I didn't see any changes that's going to make him viable to play but sure I'll keep my fingers crossed lol.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023366#Comment_2023366

    Clearly they weren't completely ignoring the community as there are still many good changes they listed.

    The other thing is this still isn't a complete patch list, just a teaser. While what they have showed us is not enough to make Trickster good, we'll still have to wait til the actual patch notes to be certain there's no other changes that would help him.

    To be fair, they did mention that they were going over some of the most notable changes on Twitter. So it's safe-ish to assume that if there are any other changes being made to Trickster, they aren't going to be as impactful as the ones listed.

  • Why are you attacking lgbt? It has nothing to do with this....I've talked to the devs before you just need to be respectful

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023383#Comment_2023383

    Why are you attacking lgbt? It has nothing to do with this....I've talked to the devs before you just need to be respectful

    mad he can't use the f slur, kinda weird lmao

  • 1) There are multiple mods on these forums: MandyTalk, GayMyers (Luzi), Rizzo90, Gcarrara to name the 4 I know off the top of my head.

    2) Why would you bring LGBTQ+ into a topic about Trickster?

    3) In fear of derailing the topic, could you be any less sensitive about the topic? Like, seriously, show some tact my dude.

  • Sigh, as expected they ignored all the feedback they've had and decided to go the other way and nerf him.

    His best add-on and playstyle was to use the ricochet add-on to bounce knives at the survivors feet so you needed less knives to eventually take a health state overall. Even with this, he was considered weak and just an inferior Plague or Huntress.

    Yet they took that away and "compromised" by adding an additional mechanic that is extremely high risk low reward.

  • I just read the changes, what exactly is the trickster nerf? Is it the main event activating automatically and not being able to cancel it, because I don't think it's that big of a nerf. I know his addon got nerfed but it's only 1 addon. I think the Trickster is going to perform the same as he did in the PTB.

    I like that they buffed 4 of the new perks and didn't nerf any of them.

    I'm going to wait until he comes live before making judgements on him and see what changes and bug fixes he gets. I remember during the PTB the Blight and the Twins were ranked very low by the community when compared to how they are ranked now.

    By the way, can Poised work the same way as the new Self Preservation? I would love if that happened.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023379#Comment_2023379

    To be fair, they did mention that they were going over some of the most notable changes on Twitter. So it's safe-ish to assume that if there are any other changes being made to Trickster, they aren't going to be as impactful as the ones listed.

    I'm just hoping that BVHR's idea of notable changes are different than what people on the forums think would be notable.

    Like to us reducing the number of knives needed to fill the laceration bar would be notable, but maybe bhvr thinks a simple number change like that isn't notable to post a preview of with the gif of the double ricochet.

  • @DemoHarrington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023201#Comment_2023201

    Welp he is gonna get bullied hard at red ranks then lmao

    People will play him for fun. Not every killer needs to get EZ 4Ks every game.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023374#Comment_2023374

    People will play him for fun. Not every killer needs needs to get EZ 4Ks every game.

    Gonna be hard to have fun when you are being so easily bullied to kingdom come every match because you literally can't do anything to stop it lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023446#Comment_2023446

    Gonna be hard to have fun when you are being so easily bullied to kingdom come every match because you literally can't do anything to stop it lol.

    His power seems fun to use even if he isn't all that powerful.

  • I just don't understand how people we asking for basekit trickblades to double bounce trickblades nerf. Did we really need that second bounce? Did they at least lower the rarity to make it more common?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023374#Comment_2023374

    People will play him for fun. Not every killer needs needs to get EZ 4Ks every game.

    I'm speaking in general here, but fun for the killer role is part in parcel in performance.

    You're going to be having more fun if you feel powerful, if you get kills and down survivors with a competent power.

    Once the "new" feeling is gone, no one will play this guy, because just like the Twins, he's garbage.

  • The moderators as members of the community team do not take part in the game development and have no information about changes, so there is nothing I or my colleagues can explain you regarding the thought process behind those decisions, but it's something that you will be able to ask if the Developers do a Q&A for this patch.

  • @Rizzo said:

    The moderators as members of the community team do not take part in the game development and have no information about changes, so there is nothing I or my colleagues can explain you regarding the thought process behind those decisions, but it's something that you will be able to ask if the Developers do a Q&A for this patch.

    Why can't they just listen now? There is plenty of very clear feedback they are choosing entirely to ignore it.

    Why do we have to wait until the patch goes live for a week or two before they will even hear our questions out?

    Even then, you guys decide what questions are even given to them to look at; which if that is the case it makes me doubt the feedback forum even does anything at all. I mean, most of the feedback is the opposite of what they actually went and did, so what's that all about?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023452#Comment_2023452

    His power seems fun to use even if he isn't all that powerful.

    Then you haven't experienced his main event power being hard countered with small loops (as simple as a single Rock) and the laceration resetting mid chase

  • I don't get why you guys keep thinking that mods are devs. They're not

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023446#Comment_2023446

    I'm speaking in general here, but fun for the killer role is part in parcel in performance.

    You're going to be having more fun if you feel powerful, if you get kills and down survivors with a competent power.

    Once the "new" feeling is gone, no one will play this guy, because just like the Twins, he's garbage.

    I don't really mind if his power is fun to use. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Legion and Pig aren't exactly the strongest killers in the game, but I enjoy playing them in red ranks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023463#Comment_2023463

    Why can't they just listen now? There is plenty of very clear feedback they are choosing entirely to ignore it.

    Why do we have to wait until the patch goes live for a week or two before they will even hear our questions out?

    Even then, you guys decide what questions are even given to them to look at; which if that is the case it makes me doubt the feedback forum even does anything at all. I mean, most of the feedback is the opposite of what they actually went and did, so what's that all about?

    This is DBD in a nutshell, they never listen to feedback before hand.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023374#Comment_2023374

    People will play him for fun. Not every killer needs needs to get EZ 4Ks every game.

    Yeah because playing a weak 110% killer with no map pressure and having survivors speed through gens and click their flashlights and teabag you is super fun 🙄

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023463#Comment_2023463

    Why can't they just listen now? There is plenty of very clear feedback they are choosing entirely to ignore it.

    Why do we have to wait until the patch goes live for a week or two before they will even hear our questions out?

    Even then, you guys decide what questions are even given to them to look at; which if that is the case it makes me doubt the feedback forum even does anything at all. I mean, most of the feedback is the opposite of what they actually went and did, so what's that all about?

    That's not true, the community decides what questions are going to get answered, upvoting said questions when we open the Q&A section.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023452#Comment_2023452

    His power seems fun to use even if he isn't all that powerful.

    It's a less fun version of a huntress hatchet, with less skill and more about holding down a button instead of actually aiming or thinking much.

    There IS however skill to be had, and fun to be had with his addons that cause the daggers to bounce, and to explode into shards- however they are very rare addons, meaning you have to grind the hell out of your bloodweb to actually be able to do any of the fun things for just one game or two before it's back to boring mode again.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023474#Comment_2023474

    That's not true, the community decides what questions are going to get answered, upvoting said questions when we open the Q&A section.

    Fair enough, but the rest? There isn't much explanation for that.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    It's just another example of them completely ignoring the community. But oh well they'll have loads of new cosmetics out we can buy for him so it's all good....right?? Lol

    Because a lot of the communities feedback/suggestions are ridiculous. Very few suggestions actually legitimately consider balance for the opposing side.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    I just read the changes, what exactly is the trickster nerf? Is it the main event activating automatically and not being able to cancel it, because I don't think it's that big of a nerf. I know his addon got nerfed but it's only 1 addon. I think the Trickster is going to perform the same as he did in the PTB.

    I like that they buffed 4 of the new perks and didn't nerf any of them.

    I'm going to wait until he comes live before making judgements on him and see what changes and bug fixes he gets. I remember during the PTB the Blight and the Twins were ranked very low by the community when compared to how they are ranked now.

    By the way, can Poised work the same way as the new Self Preservation? I would love if that happened.

    The add-on nerf was the only thing Trickster had on the PTB that made him feel threatening or viable. With it's nerf, throwing actual knives will no longer be an option: You are stuck with origami paper blades.

    Also, Main Event doesn't activate automatically. Instead, when you choose to activate it (which still has a limited window of activation), you automatically throw blades. You can also cancel out of Main Event manually now. While the changes to Main Event, thus far, aren't bad, the ability itself is very flawed. You can lose your ability to use it at any given moment, you cannot store it for later use, and it can (and many times does) become available when you absolutely don't need it, so you either use it at a bad time or lose it. Furthermore, you lose Main Event charge from M1ing, so similar to Legion, Trickster is a killer that is punished for using basic attacks.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023366#Comment_2023366

    Because a lot of the communities feedback/suggestions are ridiculous. Very few suggestions actually legitimately consider balance for the opposing side.

    Some are of course but when even their fog whispers are proposing the same kind of changes needed to make him viable and they ignore their concerns that's kind of a problem.

  • Like imagine if they said there were going to be some upcoming Wraith changes back before he got buffed right.

    It finally came around, and it was a nerf.

    Imagine how hair pulling and mind blowing WAT that would be- and that is basically how people feel about Trickster right now. That is the best way I can put it.

  • Yes I noticed they just want to sell cosmetics and new characters .. same style survivors with a story behind them to make them oh so different $$$$$$$$

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023498#Comment_2023498

    Some are of course but when even their fog whispers are proposing the same kind of changes needed to make him viable and they ignore their concerns that's kind of a problem.

    No, it isn’t a problem. Fog whisperers are just marketing. Some of them are exceptionally skilled. Some of them are average. Some of them are rubbish. They aren’t the authority on EVERYTHING DBD. They offer a single perspective. That’s it. The status of Fog Whisperer doesn’t make them automatically right all the time

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023507#Comment_2023507

    No, it isn’t a problem. Fog whisperers are just marketing. Some of them are exceptionally skilled. Some of them are average. Some of them are rubbish. They aren’t the authority on EVERYTHING DBD. They offer a single perspective. That’s it. The status of Fog Whisperer doesn’t make them automatically right all the time

    You're right what do they know it's not like the people who have expressed concerns have been playing the game for years and have thousands of hours in the game. Them and the majority of other players must just be wrong I guess.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023507#Comment_2023507

    No, it isn’t a problem. Fog whisperers are just marketing. Some of them are exceptionally skilled. Some of them are average. Some of them are rubbish. They aren’t the authority on EVERYTHING DBD. They offer a single perspective. That’s it. The status of Fog Whisperer doesn’t make them automatically right all the time

    No, but when all of them literally say the same thing across the board, backed by a huge majority of the community itself as well; one would think there is some merit at that point to what people are saying.

  • You're assuming the point of a killer is to be strong, it's not. The point of a killer is to be fun - for survivors.

    Truth be told I think they're afraid to buff this guy because of all the "legion 2.0" talk. Survivors are still going to complain when he hits live.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    You're assuming the point of a killer is to be strong, it's not. The point of a killer is to be fun - for survivors.

    Truth be told I think they're afraid to buff this guy because of all the "legion 2.0" talk. Survivors are still going to complain when he hits live.

    Oh absolutely. I played a match on PTB and didn't throw a single blade, I literally just made a silly m1 build and walked around as a 110% killer and M1'd people and got a 3k- to which post game someone complained about how broken and unfair the killer was and how overpowered he was.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023571#Comment_2023571

    Oh absolutely. I played a match on PTB and didn't throw a single blade, I literally just made a silly m1 build and walked around as a 110% killer and M1'd people and got a 3k- to which post game someone complained about how broken and unfair the killer was and how overpowered he was.

    The cosmetic the survivors will wear costs more than the dlc/killer does to buy. With that in mind it's easy to see which player gets priority.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023463#Comment_2023463

    Why can't they just listen now? There is plenty of very clear feedback they are choosing entirely to ignore it.

    Why do we have to wait until the patch goes live for a week or two before they will even hear our questions out?

    Even then, you guys decide what questions are even given to them to look at; which if that is the case it makes me doubt the feedback forum even does anything at all. I mean, most of the feedback is the opposite of what they actually went and did, so what's that all about?

    I'll be disappointed if the feedback of making Blight close to his PC counterpart on console gets straight up ignored, it's feedback that console people have given and damn well do deserve.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023474#Comment_2023474

    I'll be disappointed if the feedback of making Blight close to his PC counterpart on console gets straight up ignored, it's feedback that console people have given and damn well do deserve.

    I wonder, if you use a controller to play blight on PC, is it as messed up as if you try on console? I am curious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023587#Comment_2023587

    I wonder, if you use a controller to play blight on PC, is it as messed up as if you try on console? I am curious.

    Most likely

  • Maybe I will try this. Maybe if a PC player complains about not being able to use a controller they will make universal controller changes haha.

  • "if the Developers do a Q&A for this patch"

    "IF"! So there are no plans for a Q&A?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023507#Comment_2023507

    No, it isn’t a problem. Fog whisperers are just marketing. Some of them are exceptionally skilled. Some of them are average. Some of them are rubbish. They aren’t the authority on EVERYTHING DBD. They offer a single perspective. That’s it. The status of Fog Whisperer doesn’t make them automatically right all the time

    Are you proposing that the changes that we were told today actually make sense? Come on now

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023587#Comment_2023587

    I wonder, if you use a controller to play blight on PC, is it as messed up as if you try on console? I am curious.

    I use a controller to play blight on PC and yes it is just as bad

  • @Rizzo said:

    The moderators as members of the community team do not take part in the game development and have no information about changes, so there is nothing I or my colleagues can explain you regarding the thought process behind those decisions, but it's something that you will be able to ask if the Developers do a Q&A for this patch.

    you know more than us they ignore questions about those topics or literally dodge it by giving lots of explaination which end up not answering it

‹ 1 2