Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Capture.JPG

Thought I'd run a nice game of Speed Limiter Billy last week. Threw in the Glenvale offering just to give myself a smaller map--reduce the time it would take me to find survivors.

With 6 seconds left on the lobby timer, two survivors immediately swapped characters to ones holding keys.

---

I had queued up for killer with the mindset that I didn't care how the match would end. If the survivors gave me a good enough run-around I might have even let them all escape intentionally. I just wanted to practice curves.

But when these survivors key-swapped they threw down the gauntlet. What they did was the equivalent of saying "at least two of us are escaping, and theres nothing you can do about it." ...and I just couldn't let that happen.

SWFs like this are not looking to play ball, and they sure as hell don't care if I have a fun game. So why should I ensure the same for them?

---

The health of this game, and its community, seems to ride on unspoken agreements that players will always keep the opponent's best interest at heart--or at least in mind. But thats just not good enough.

I hope BHVR continues to assess the balancing issues in DBD, and that they do not overlook outliers or niche synergies, just because they are seen so infrequently. It is not too noble a goal to prevent even the most infrequent of circumstances from ruining a players' experience.

Comments

  • Bt: *does its job*

    Killer mains:

    Screenshot_20210314-135016~2.png


  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019818#Comment_2019818

    You forgot to also mention killers.

    Regardless, red ranks are no fun.


    I have been dismayed at the number of toxic players - on both Killer and Survivor - at red ranks. Which is a fundamental flaw in the game: it rewards bad behavior. People engage in toxic behavior because the game rewards them (and even encourages) for doing so.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019877#Comment_2019877

    It's the fact that keys are absolutely game breaking and bringing two is absolutely a declaration of war

    Switch to 2 keys at last second I know who my targets are . LOL game on

  • @Da_tater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019889#Comment_2019889

    Switch to 2 keys at last second I know who my targets are . LOL game on

    Fr tho I want my points I'm not just handing out free escapes

  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020127#Comment_2020127

    You can also counter Stridor Spirit by bringing Iron Will and No Mither. Doesn’t mean I’m using those perks every single game lol. I virtually never see Calm Spirit being used as it’s too situational.

    Well, so is DS. What happens when a killer doesn't tunnel you, you're just going to wait in a locker until they do? Or dead hard because the game has such bad latency it doesn't work half the time? Why not replace borrowed time with calm spirit and let your friend get the unsafe unhook instead of you.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    How dare they use BT!

    Srsly tho why did you highlight BT lol. The only problem with it is BT bodyblocking.

    The keys and ######### werent very nice tho

    I think it's just because all 4 of them had the same second chance perks, that's probably why they highlighted it

  • @dummer33344 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019870#Comment_2019870

    I think it's just because all 4 of them had the same second chance perks, that's probably why they highlighted it

    How dare four survivors use the same perk, despicable!

  • No no, you're missing 2 words. Second chance perks. Idk, I just don't like having so many second chances in the game, it goes from 2nd chance to 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect. And you get no hooks because of them

  • @dummer33344 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021088#Comment_2021088

    No no, you're missing 2 words. Second chance perks. Idk, I just don't like having so many second chances in the game, it goes from 2nd chance to 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect. And you get no hooks because of them

    BT in and of itself isn't strong unless you are tunneling though, the way it is used to bodyblock can be toxic yes but that is not the point

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021092#Comment_2021092

    BT in and of itself isn't strong unless you are tunneling though, the way it is used to bodyblock can be toxic yes but that is not the point

    Yeah, I guess fair point, but it's just funny. Every time I leave the hook after hooking someone, I catch someone on a gen, then they start running to the hooked survivor (I'm not the best at looping or mind games so they can easily get to the hook) and they unhook in front of me, and BT. Lol

  • @dummer33344 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021096#Comment_2021096

    Yeah, I guess fair point, but it's just funny. Every time I leave the hook after hooking someone, I catch someone on a gen, then they start running to the hooked survivor (I'm not the best at looping or mind games so they can easily get to the hook) and they unhook in front of me, and BT. Lol

    I mean yeah it's kinda stupid to do that though. Honestly just follow them and count to 15, hit them after, grab them if they try to vault because grabs ignore BT and eat their DS, it saves you a problem later.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021102#Comment_2021102

    I mean yeah it's kinda stupid to do that though. Honestly just follow them and count to 15, hit them after, grab them if they try to vault because grabs ignore BT and eat their DS, it saves you a problem later.

    I guess, thanks

  • @Dragonivy759 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020147#Comment_2020147

    Well, so is DS. What happens when a killer doesn't tunnel you, you're just going to wait in a locker until they do? Or dead hard because the game has such bad latency it doesn't work half the time? Why not replace borrowed time with calm spirit and let your friend get the unsafe unhook instead of you.

    I don’t use either of those perks either. 🙃

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019830#Comment_2019830

    I'm actually in the boat that believe Dead Dawg Saloon is survivor-sided.

    A killer who intentionally brings the map with Corrupt & Pop can almost always hold a nasty 3-gen. But for the average match, the small map size makes it far easier for survivors to gen-rush than it helps killers patrol gens.

    Glenvale has a lot of pallets, great LOS to see the killer coming from a mile away, and some pretty disgusting tiles to loop.

    Regardless, I brought the map because I like ripping chainsaws from one side to the other.

    I don't bring map offerings too often. When I do, survivors always happen to bring one as well.

    You're also forgetting that the gen placements are disgusting if they save the higher gens for last. If they leave the saloon gen for last then they can work on it, almost always have eyes on you, and can leave before you get there.

  • Geez, yeah survivors who do that are rats. Keys definitely need to be reworked so bad. I’m sorry you had to deal with that. People like these are why I don’t like playing killer when I actually do.

  • @romones848484 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020390#Comment_2020390

    How is it not an op perk? It does two things,guess what if a survivor wants to brink a token building perk that's all those perks do is stack that's it

    If you think BBQ and Chilli is OP, you don't know how to play the game. Practically every killer runs it and it's easy to counter

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020412#Comment_2020412

    Lmao holding m1 is the most boring thing to do in this game. The only fun part of survivor is chase interaction. Idk why you're assuming I dont play both because you don't like my opinion. Also wow the occasional skill check that must be so exciting for you. But funnily enough, I'm not talking about when you move off a gen, I'm talking about actually doing a gen, boring, more boring than being slugged because more than likely you're directly in the action trying for a pickup.

    If you seriously think slugging is bad you have some thinking to do.

    ######### trying to be facetious at me, the nerve.

    I would say the nerve of you, but it's just stupidity here. You don't seem to read my comments and cry about points I already addressed. Slugging CAN be bad but isn't always (if you read that, as I said there is a time and a place). I don't think you understand that when you're on a gen you can get off whenever you want, when you're on the floor you literally can't so yes, it's incredibly ######### boring, especially with how ######### people are in solo Q and that's a fact. I don't play the game to sit still for 2 minutes straight and I don't get how some people like you think that it's fun.

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020419#Comment_2020419

    I would say the nerve of you, but it's just stupidity here. You don't seem to read my comments and cry about points I already addressed. Slugging CAN be bad but isn't always (if you read that, as I said there is a time and a place). I don't think you understand that when you're on a gen you can get off whenever you want, when you're on the floor you literally can't so yes, it's incredibly ######### boring, especially with how ######### people are in solo Q and that's a fact. I don't play the game to sit still for 2 minutes straight and I don't get how some people like you think that it's fun.

    Lol that sounds like a you problem

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2020711#Comment_2020711

    If you think BBQ and Chilli is OP, you don't know how to play the game. Practically every killer runs it and it's easy to counter

    If it's so called not op then why does every good killer run it???? Do you read your mesgs or are you just that dense? Alot of times you're screwed due to that perk consider when trying to get a single gen done with two survivors left?

  • @MrsMcpatches said:

    The key swap is mostly to try to counteract Franklin's, because that perk is the worst, especially since your item disappears. Also, there is a great chance that you are going to get tunnelled and camped to death if you have one because most killers react that way to keys. I play mostly solo queue so I do bring keys as personal insurance, because if I'm the last one left, 99% of the time, I'm not getting a gate open and now with that new perk that blocks the gates, I'm not getting out at all unless I can find the hatch and have a key to get through it.

    Also, you killed 3 of them, what are you complaining about? The keys didn't save both of the ones carrying them or anyone else. Only one escaped. I'd say you won that match.

    Two things...

    1. As you said, you mostly play solo queue--and you bring a key as an insurance policy. I play my fair share of solo survivor, so I can sympathize with the solo key swap. Thing is, these were not solo survivors. This was a 4-man SWF looking to catch a 4-man hatch escape. They 3-genned themselves because they prioritized speed over gen-spread--completed 4 of 5 gens--and the game was over in about 5 minutes.
    2. This post is not about me not "winning" the match, or getting a 4k. Its about the fact that the ideal fun and fair game of DBD, where both sides have a good time, is so rare because one side always has to abuse elements of the game that make DBD unenjoyable for the opponent. I could have made a nearly-identical post with a screenshot of me escaping as a solo survivor, against an iri head huntress (w/ belt) + old ruin/undying, where none of my teammates are running meta perks, and it would have had the same title.
  • @romones848484 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2022156#Comment_2022156

    If it's so called not op then why does every good killer run it???? Do you read your mesgs or are you just that dense? Alot of times you're screwed due to that perk consider when trying to get a single gen done with two survivors left?

    Bruh your the moron that can't even write messages without fking up all your grammar and you're calling me dense. Its ironic considering it seems you don't read mine as I established why... Everyone runs it because of the bloodpoint bonus, as I already stated if you spent t minutes reading. It's easy to counter, get in a locker, hide behind a gen etc, the list goes on

  • I don't waste my time correcting words you easily see what I'm trying to message,but nice way to deflect from the obvious point

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021092#Comment_2021092

    BT in and of itself isn't strong unless you are tunneling though, the way it is used to bodyblock can be toxic yes but that is not the point

    BT and DS are not a problem if you are not tunneling . I always play like I have devour on hook and get the heck away . I have gens to kick .

  • First off: I play both sides so I'm going to try to be neutral here.

    BT isn't an issue tbqh. It's the only defense thst survivors have to try and protect their teammate against a camping killer. That being said, the same noble perk, also can encourage stupid hook diving and other shenanigans. Hell, depending on who im playing as killer, I actually like when they use BT (I'm a Hag main, STBFL is a mainstay on my build for her).

    Keys in an of themselves aren't an issue, but moreso the power limit of the keys themselves. Limiting keys to only allow one survivor out with one key would make it much more balanced.


    All of that being said, you used a map, they used maps. Equal footing. I don't think multiple maps should stack to increase odds of said map, so you have that point in your favor.


    Good on you though for giving them hell. If survivors quick swap last second to keys+maps, I usually just close app to save the stress (and that way they don't lose their items/offerings) so you're a better person than me for not just dipping out.


    I just wish I was allowed to use my darn broken keys to carry around Bond on demand (I pretty much only ever solo queue) without getting tunneled for a broken key. Maybe make the broken key look like a bracelet? Something to distinguish them from other keys, as they definitely don't deserve to be lumped in with their more problematic siblings.

  • @Da_tater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021096#Comment_2021096

    BT and DS are not a problem if you are not tunneling . I always play like I have devour on hook and get the heck away . I have gens to kick .

    I mean, if someone's right there are you ignoring them or chasing them too?

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F6WX7LVESO1D/capture-jpg.jpg

    Thought I'd run a nice game of Speed Limiter Billy last week. Threw in the Glenvale offering just to give myself a smaller map--reduce the time it would take me to find survivors.

    With 6 seconds left on the lobby timer, two survivors immediately swapped characters to ones holding keys.

    ---

    I had queued up for killer with the mindset that I didn't care how the match would end. If the survivors gave me a good enough run-around I might have even let them all escape intentionally. I just wanted to practice curves.

    But when these survivors key-swapped they threw down the gauntlet. What they did was the equivalent of saying "at least two of us are escaping, and theres nothing you can do about it." ...and I just couldn't let that happen.

    SWFs like this are not looking to play ball, and they sure as hell don't care if I have a fun game. So why should I ensure the same for them?

    ---

    The health of this game, and its community, seems to ride on unspoken agreements that players will always keep the opponent's best interest at heart--or at least in mind. But thats just not good enough.

    I hope BHVR continues to assess the balancing issues in DBD, and that they do not overlook outliers or niche synergies, just because they are seen so infrequently. It is not too noble a goal to prevent even the most infrequent of circumstances from ruining a players' experience.

    This is why survivors should be locked in and not able to switch in a lobby I'm a survivor main and I can admit this is just toxic and needs to be addressed.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2022876#Comment_2022876

    I mean, if someone's right there are you ignoring them or chasing them too?

    If I see anyone other than the person just unhooked I chase them . I try not to tunnel if the unhooked is the only one around I slug . See me playing killer and you will see me do just that. My psn is the same as my name here

  • Any Guesses Who Won?

    image.png


  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019830#Comment_2019830

    I'm actually in the boat that believe Dead Dawg Saloon is survivor-sided.

    A killer who intentionally brings the map with Corrupt & Pop can almost always hold a nasty 3-gen. But for the average match, the small map size makes it far easier for survivors to gen-rush than it helps killers patrol gens.

    Glenvale has a lot of pallets, great LOS to see the killer coming from a mile away, and some pretty disgusting tiles to loop.

    Regardless, I brought the map because I like ripping chainsaws from one side to the other.

    I don't bring map offerings too often. When I do, survivors always happen to bring one as well.

    Don't forget that the saloon is at least 2 infinites unless you break every wall.

1 2 ›