Show killers pregame
Title.
Show the killer pregame. Not which killer they play but their username.
Why would this be a bad thing? Would survivors dodge? Or bring their most OP loadouts if they hold a grudge?
Now reverse it. Why the hell do killers see survivor usernames pregame.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Edit: To clarify, the point of this post is to highlight how absurd it is that survivor names are shown in pre game lobbies. It's not actually advocating showing killer names...
Comments
Considering how often survivors get triggered to killer's playstyles and how much grudges do they often hold, I'd rather not do that.
I agree. The only real reason to show player usernames is to facilitate the holding of grudges. I think neither side should know who they're playing against until the match has started (or even ended)
If you did this, it would literally prevent some of the main YouTube players and other good players from playing killer. Know this info on a survivor doesn't necessarily change much for the game but knowing who the killer is (playername) definetly decides a game such as survivors countering a specific killer hard or straight up dodging a killer. I highly doubt killers really care about survivors names beyond if they are clearly swf. Killers knowing this info is fine
if someone is a killer main, people will look at the name and realize what they are playing against.
which could lead to people hard-countering the killer.
as in, they know is the guy who plays doctor a lot, so they bring jake's perk.
also, if the killer is a streamer, the survivors will be able to track him/her/they very fast. and again, hard counter
I don't really see a point in knowing the survivors name before-hand either... so I'm not against removing that
Player names can sometimes indicate connections that mean swf. Unless there was a straight up indicater that tells you your dealing with a swf, which would be bad because it would take forever for them to matchmake, then i wouldnt care if i could see there names.
Wouldn't it be better then to remove the survivor names rather then add killer ones ?
Show them only when loaded into the match and while at it, show killer's name in the match menu too together with their ping.
I agree with you @IWasLeft2Die
And tbh it relieves some of the stress and tilt as a survivor when I enter the post game screen and I see that they're a streamer or a youtuber. I personally like the mystery
What do you do to killers to get this reaction from them?
If you swf then it is fair game that they bring the strongest stuff they can.
Pretty much all of the arguments against it could also be used against showing the survivor names to the killer...
just remove the names from pregame lobby, I would even say remove them from the game and just call them by the character names (with numbers in case of duplicate survivors)
I agree with this . If survivors want to dodge lobbies and wait in even longer que time for themselves to avoid certain play styles. Seems ok to me.
Seems fair, after all killers see survivors usernames and go after them relentlessly or dodge if they don't like that certain player so it's only fair that survivors can do the same.
I mean, I support hiding all names pre-lobby.
For quite a while after the game's launch, it used a steam-internal matchmaking system. While you couldn't see the killer in the lobby either at that time, it allowed survivors to look up who the killer was by telling steam to show you the people you recently played with. It was then a simple matter of comparing the list with the survivors you saw in the lobby to deduce who was the killer in that lobby. Looking through that killer's achievements then gave you a pretty good idea of which killer was most likely their main and then you could prepare for that.
It created a lot of grief in those days and ultimately led to the devs asking steam to disable the feature for Dead by Daylight and eventually to them switching to their own matchmaking servers.
I’d prefer survivors names to also be hidden from the killers perspective as a different solution.
Honestly nothing. I've only had issues when playing solo. I'm very much anti-teabagging (and all forms of bm) and will call out survivors when I see it. The only time I'd ever tolerate it would be when a killer has hard camped/tunnelled for no reason.
You'd be surprised the amount of killers who get tilted when they don't get a 4k or get looped (which is apparently toxic to some). Survivors also get toxic when they are hit/hooked, etc. Peeps get tilted a lot...
I'd rather they just remove gamertag until end game screen. Just have a 1,2,3,4 next to the survivors portrait and have that be next to gamertags at end game screen if they need to be reported. Gamertags are only needed for reporting, there's no other reason to have them in the game. Would also help when people share videos of gameplay on forums to not name/shame.
Edit to add: I've been targeted by plenty of killers that in previous match I was only one to escape so next match they find and down me first and facecamp/tunnel me out of the match. Wasn't toxic, just escaped so they didn't get a 4k. Removing gamertags would stop killers from being able to target players they've recently played against.
Its to avoid hard countering, is it Spirit? Iron Will. Hag? Urban Evade. Doc? Calm Spirit.
you can do that on ps4. "recently played with" or something like that.
I don't bother doing that but... it is a thing (or at least was before we got to play against other platforms)
i wouldnt mind revealing the killers name in the ingame menu together with a ping indicator, but the character choice imo should stay hidden.
a lot of killers benefit from early game ambushes, which would basically get removed with this change, given that now everyone knows exactly who you are and therefore can take specific measures against you.
Yeah, survivors can steal the show with hilarious usernames and killers are left in the comedic dust.
Some players are so toxic that if they saw the killer's name, and that killer dodged their lobby, they would find some way to track them down and taunt/insult them.
As a normal person who plays not toxic at all I had not a single time a grudge against me, so ######### did YOU done to start this topic? Because noone how had not such a problem once would think of it. SO maybe you are toxic and do get what you deserve?
With crossplay you can only see players on your platform anyway, you can't check all the profiles and not all swfs share names. This wouldn't cause killers to quit anymore than adding crossplay did. Just assume all survivors are swf, problem solved.
While playing you should be able to tell they're new and you can just let up on them.
If you're high rank being matched with new players that's a problem for the devs to fix, not you - also a whole different issue from this.
If you hide survivor names you've gotta add some indication that they're grouped.
As I said I don't play toxic. I don't teabag (unless I've been tunnelled or camped) and give out when I see survivors play toxic. I've had iri/insidious huntress lose their $h!+ because they didn't get a 4k. I've seen killers hold a grudge because I didn't let them hook me for a bbq stack. Certain people just lose their rag over the slightest thing - no matter how nicely you play...
If this was true you would not ask for invisible survivor names.
theres no need to do this but the thing that this could improve is gameplay. i can go to their profile and see what reputation they have on their comment section and judge if im up against a facecamping bubba
I mean I don't want to hear anything about this yet since us SoloQueuers can't even see our teammates' perks :)
I fail to understand your meaning. I could just be tired from work but I don't understand the connection from wanting survivor names hidden and not playing in a scummy manner?
I've been called toxic for running in straight lines and looping. For taking hits for teammates and for simply escaping. Some people think the other side are toxic for simply existing and will go out of their way to punish them.
I wish we could see survivor perks above their heads again but think the devs are against that as they said they feel survivors would get bullied for bringing non meta perks
I play Killer and survivor solo, and I had never the problem that someone ever had a grudge against me in 1000 hours! So I never came in mind that there is a problem that someone would see my name or my profile or games I have. You argue that you want it removed what tells me that you HAD a problem that people had a grudge against you. So I am thinking that you are not such an angel you want us make to believe in reality you played toxic and scummy and got your pay check a game later.
If you ask me after I read what you wrote, no! I dont think survivor names should be invisible for the killer because there is no reason for normal people, normal people dont get tunneled into a second match, normal people dont play toxic and normal people would have no reason to ask for what you asked.
Do you understand now?
I understand what you're trying to say. Obviously our experiences aren't shared. Maybe it has more to do with regions and time of play. It's not uncommon for me (west EU) to face the same killer multiple games in a row. Again, I can't prove to you that I don't play scummy. All I can do is give you my word. I imagine if I was a scummy player there'd be enough people here to attest to that. I pride myself on being a nice and friendly player on both sides. I give killers hooks/kills if I feel they had a rough game. I rarely go for a 4k unless for a specific challenge (or punish toxic playstyles).
Clearly our experiences aren't shared. The fact is, killers can hold grudges or just augment their playstyles when versing players they've played before - because they know they're playing against them. Survivors cant (and obviously shouldnt).
The point is, showing survivor names does more harm than good and from my understand does only harm. How many people get tunnelled simply because they have ttv in their name? or camped? what's the actual benefit of showing the survivor usernames?