Why drop your item?

Something I have never understood as a rank 1 killer and survivor is dropping your item so the killer let's you escape. The killer can't take your item and you likely lose more bloodpoints that you spent on the item than you gain from escaping.

As a killer I decide to let you survive based on how you played and normally decide halfway through the match which survivor I like the most. Dropping your item does nothing for me and I would genuinely rather you just keep your item.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • They know you can't use it, think of it as an offering of sorts

  • It’s an offering to say GG or give me hatch

  • I use it as my way of saying "gg" in game as I don't know whether I will have the option or not after the match.

    Good to know is seen as bribery lol

  • @Aneurysm said:

    They know you can't use it, think of it as an offering of sorts

    Yea, it's just a fun thing to do. Same as squatting is the same as "Hello" or "Thank you" and such. It's just a thing that started happening and now people latch on to the idea and most people understand the meaning

  • People have told me that it's a sign of giving up and surrendering. I guess it makes sense.

    When I give up, I just point at a hook.

  • If the killer has you dead to rights, there's really no downside.

    Worst case is you die anyway (and your item is gone either way). Best case is you get a killer who accepts the survivors "offering" of the item and lets you get away. You lose your item still but you get 5,000 survivor points.

  • Sometimes it's an offering for your life. Other times if you got a really chill killer it's a thank you. If you want them to keep the item just shake your head.

  • It's for the memes, like booping the snoot which acts similarly. If the killer is kind enough to let me live I'll give them the item as a token of appreciation

  • I never bring anything but a brown medkit so im not losing much.

    I drop my item when killer lets me go. Like went against a huntress and 3 of my team hatched out with a key. She found hatch first but let me open the gate and escape. I dropped the toolbox i found in a chest to say thanks.

    I could have tbagged but i didn't want her to think i was mocking her or being toxic.

  • If you're letting me escape it's an easy way to say thank you.

    It's also a way to say "I give up" to the killer, if I'm going to be killed I'm losing it anyway.

  • It’s a sign of good sportsmanship or surrendering.

    They could just teabag to say thanks, but that’s not well perceived by some.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    I never bring anything but a brown medkit so im not losing much.

    I drop my item when killer lets me go. Like went against a huntress and 3 of my team hatched out with a key. She found hatch first but let me open the gate and escape. I dropped the toolbox i found in a chest to say thanks.

    I could have tbagged but i didn't want her to think i was mocking her or being toxic.

    I've found dropping once and doing a little bow works to convey thanks as well.

  • Yep. Sometimes as a killer if I'm on tje mood, I'll give them the escape. Sometimes I don't. Just depends on my mood, if i feel they played non-toxic, and if I already have a BBQ stack from them. Had one yesterday give up. No BBQ stack, sorry about your luck pal.

  • Especially if the item is dropped near/inside the exit gates, it's meant as an offering of appreciation or way to say GG.

  • Exactly what the others have said, it's a way to acknowledge a GG in game