Can we please turn off the dc penalty until it's fixed?

I'm not joking. Seriously. The last time I dc'd was a few weeks ago and it was a 4 minute ban. I just dc'd now because the survivors were doing that get a gen done and hide when the killer comes and I wasn't playing a really good tracking killer. Then 4 generators pop so I dc'd and I got a 20 minute ban. Like what? Can it be turned off until it's fixed? Why am I getting a 20 minute ban when I haven't dc'd in weeks and the last time it was 4 minutes?

EDIT: To people focusing on why I dc'd, stop it. It doesn't necessarily matter why I dc'd, I was just saying why for the story. Also if you're bringing up why I dc'd that ONE SPECIFIC MATCH then you failed to realize the point of any of this.

Comments

  • What needs fixing here? Your hide and seek skills?

  • I had two matches canceled because of DC and 4 pips lost. :/

  • I dc'd for the first time in over a month a little while back because I got the bug where the match wouldn't end because it said I was carrying a non existent survivor.

    Instead of 5 min I got a 1 hour and 30min ban which isn't even a thing. Emailed support and they just said nothing they can do lol.

  • Don't leave the match, then.


    BOOM! Fixed.

  • Eh, I'm not sure. I never lose connection. I have 1gb cable connection and am on a hangouts video call with some friends. Never lose connection with that when I DC from the game, but who knows.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I'm not joking. Seriously. The last time I dc'd was a few weeks ago and it was a 4 minute ban. I just dc'd now because the survivors were doing that get a gen done and hide when the killer comes and I wasn't playing a really good tracking killer. Then 4 generators pop so I dc'd and I got a 20 minute ban. Like what? Can it be turned off until it's fixed? Why am I getting a 20 minute ban when I haven't dc'd in weeks and the last time it was 4 minutes?

    I've been where you're at,

    I felt your pain,

    Turned Doc after that,

    He's now my main.


    Long gone are the days of searching

    For Ace, Yui, an Claudette

    Those brats may hide in lockers,

    But I came here prepared.


    Iron Maiden made them scream,

    Barbecue caused a genocide,

    And when they ######### on forums, I say:

    Untitled.png


  • "turn off dc penalties so i can baby rage as i please"

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    "turn off dc penalties so i can baby rage as i please"

    You failed to realize the point. Not to mention you sound like you didn't read a word I said. Twice in a 4 week period and I only mention the reasoning behind one of them doesn't count as "Baby rage as I please." Not to mention I mention nowhere where I say "Just keep it off". I think the dc penalty is beneficial. Not in it's current state where all it knows how to do is add time for no real reason. Also, you don't realize how much I'm able to play this game because quarantine. Twice in 4 weeks is so small a fraction of the amount of games I play it's not even funny.

  • You are either lying or there is some bug. I never got more than 5 mins of penalty even when my internet goes down twice in one day I only get 5 mins second time.

    Stop rage quitting.

  • @Shaped said:

    You are either lying or there is some bug. I never got more than 5 mins of penalty even when my internet goes down twice in one day I only get 5 mins second time.

    Stop rage quitting.

    Like I said "Until it's fixed." We all know this penalty is buggy and always has been. It's been fine for a lot of people, but a lot isn't everyone. If you'd like to know, this is the first time in MONTHS I've actually rage quit. The time 4 weeks ago I had an actual emergency happen so I needed to quit in order to deal with said emergency, I don't know how long the penalty was that time because I straight up closed the game and turned off my console. This time I did actually rage quit and I had a 20 minute ban and have no idea why it was that long (even though 20 minutes is still short compared to other peoples bugged out bans).

  • @Shaped said:

    You are either lying or there is some bug. I never got more than 5 mins of penalty even when my internet goes down twice in one day I only get 5 mins second time.

    Stop rage quitting.

    🤦‍♂️

    I think that’s the point they are trying to make, that there is indeed a bug.

    I can’t verify but it sounds like it’s something that needs investigating. Everything else is bugged so why not dc penalties too

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009903#Comment_2009903

    🤦‍♂️

    I think that’s the point they are trying to make, that there is indeed a bug.

    I can’t verify but it sounds like it’s something that needs investigating. Everything else is bugged so why not dc penalties too

    Maybe but when someone admits they dc I am not fond of trusting them.

  • The "why" of the DC is extremely important. It sounds like the game recognised your ragequit and punished accordingly.

  • So the feature designed to keep people with the maturity of a child from throwing a temper tantrum and bringing their ball home did its job?

    Sounds like everything's working fine to me. The game wasted 20 minutes of your time. How much of the survivors' time did you end up wasting by quitting like a baby?

    Maybe you should just play the tutorial on repeat, I get the feeling that that's the level of challenge you're looking for.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I'm not joking. Seriously. The last time I dc'd was a few weeks ago and it was a 4 minute ban. I just dc'd now because the survivors were doing that get a gen done and hide when the killer comes and I wasn't playing a really good tracking killer. Then 4 generators pop so I dc'd and I got a 20 minute ban. Like what? Can it be turned off until it's fixed? Why am I getting a 20 minute ban when I haven't dc'd in weeks and the last time it was 4 minutes?

    EDIT: To people focusing on why I dc'd, stop it. It doesn't necessarily matter why I dc'd, I was just saying why for the story. Also if you're bringing up why I dc'd that ONE SPECIFIC MATCH then you failed to realize the point of any of this.

    So what your saying is that you didn't like how the match was going so you disconnected. That would be considered rage quitting and the system working as intended. If you got a 20 minute ban then you are doing it more often then you are letting on to.

    As for your edit about it not being about why you DC'd. It is a frequent claim among those who post about getting banned for rage quitting and whether you want to admit it or not is a major factor.

    Nothing needs to be fixed when it comes to the DC penalty. In worked as designed. If you don't want to receive the ban then don't rage quit. If your not mature enough to see a match to it's conclusion(Even if it isn't going the way you want it to.) Then perhaps this game isn't for you and you should find another.

  • If it'll disincentivize you from DCing...

  • OP is right the system isnt supposed to work like that, if he disconected 1 week ago it should have reseted and give another 5 minutes, not an hour.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    OP is right the system isnt supposed to work like that, if he disconected 1 week ago it should have reseted and give another 5 minutes, not an hour.

    Which is why some are questioning if he is being honest about how many times he has rage quit a match. If it was a bug it would seemingly be more wide spread then just him having the issue.