why are killers rewarded for bad connection?

Why is it if a killer has bad ping they land hits through pallets and vaults? But me having good ping i am punished for trying? I am not in any way saying i should land hits through pallets and vaults but i am saying its dooky that kiilers with bad ping can.

Comments

  • Because Spaghetti code

  • Yeah I just made a big post about this too its trash. Get ready for a bunch of killers that have really bad connections or vpn for their kills to come insult you.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Why is it if a killer has bad ping they land hits through pallets and vaults? But me having good ping i am punished for trying? I am not in any way saying i should land hits through pallets and vaults but i am saying its dooky that kiilers with bad ping can.

    true and depressing....

  • @jester20k said:

    Yeah I just made a big post about this too its trash. Get ready for a bunch of killers that have really bad connections or vpn for their kills to come insult you.

    they can insult me all they want its true. i get a perfectly times swing to be stunned and connect at he same time but this is was off like the killer gets stunned then you get hit this shouldn't be a thing . I play killer mostly and never have i ever gotten a hit through a pallet like that. I've tried to time it and still the stun takes priority.

  • I don't think anyone can reliably say they know how the game determines hits that land or do not land. Meaning, that you have no idea if killers are getting free hits because they have a bad connection. I mean, how do you know that's the case and it's not something else? Because, as killer, sometimes I start teleporting around when I get near a survivor with a bad connection, and I know that my connection was fine by checking my router logs afterward.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    I don't think anyone can reliably say they know how the game determines hits that land or do not land. Meaning, that you have no idea if killers are getting free hits because they have a bad connection. I mean, how do you know that's the case and it's not something else? Because, as killer, sometimes I start teleporting around when I get near a survivor with a bad connection, and I know that my connection was fine by checking my router logs afterward.

    Well, I know that when I get really laggy killers, which you can tell easily because when they bend over to pick you up, or hook you, break pallets etc, they pause Mid animation, these guys get the most bullshit hits of all so I just assume it's a scale of connection quality, the better the connection the more fair the hits are.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Why is it if a killer has bad ping they land hits through pallets and vaults? But me having good ping i am punished for trying? I am not in any way saying i should land hits through pallets and vaults but i am saying its dooky that kiilers with bad ping can.

    Because devs don't give a crap about poor game design that has a detrimental effect on survivors

  • It's not just killers whoever has the worst ping has the advantage.

  • Because latency cannot ever go away and the killers objective is directly tied to hits, so...

  • I'm getting sick to death at the assertations that only killers are getting an advantage with this when every goddamn night I'm getting grabs taken away from me due to synch issues.


    Stopping acting like this bullshit is one-sided!

  • It's not just killers.

  • Ok are we going to ignore the survivors whose lag can become so terrible that they can literally become unhookable/undroppable after being picked up?

  • It can go both ways

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Ok are we going to ignore the survivors whose lag can become so terrible that they can literally become unhookable/undroppable after being picked up?

    Yes, they're ignoring that. As it doesn't fit with the "killers bad" narrative.

  • You are also punished for having good ping against Lagy survivors.

    I had a survivor lag me in place so they could hook rescue and run out the door. My character made the grab animation and just froze.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    I don't think anyone can reliably say they know how the game determines hits that land or do not land. Meaning, that you have no idea if killers are getting free hits because they have a bad connection. I mean, how do you know that's the case and it's not something else? Because, as killer, sometimes I start teleporting around when I get near a survivor with a bad connection, and I know that my connection was fine by checking my router logs afterward.

    'By checking your router logs afterwards'

    One sentence and I straight away can see you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, what data did you exactly get from your router. Lmfao

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I'm getting sick to death at the assertations that only killers are getting an advantage with this when every goddamn night I'm getting grabs taken away from me due to synch issues.

    Stopping acting like this bullshit is one-sided!

    I've seen and experienced grabs being robbed and not going to ignore it's not a problem.

    However, this thread definitely has merit because I too find it unfair I can't swing at dropping pallets and take the hit vice versa. I'd say the amount of times I've been hit incorrectly as survivor is far far more greater than the amount of grabs taken from me.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Because latency cannot ever go away and the killers objective is directly tied to hits, so...

    Latency can't go away but you can program the game to not give an edge to the player with high ping. All dedicated server games I've ever played are exclusively server calculated hit registration. (except dbd)

    Melee game latency is much more noticable than shooters but the current system does currently favor killer. I can route my data packets poorly to add 250ms of ping time to my connection to the dbd server and get an advantage as killer. That is set in stone and I don't understand killer mains arguing against this. You have high ping - you have an advantage as killer. It's that simple. Your client calculates the hit.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007496#Comment_2007496

    Yes, they're ignoring that. As it doesn't fit with the "killers bad" narrative.

    Tsulan's 'narrative' cliche counter: 283

  • The counter stands at 1, but sure.

    Anyway, i´ve seen several matches where the killer couldn´t pick up or hook a downed survivor, because he froze in animation while the survivors ping spiked to 600+. This only happend during those 2 actions. Never when the killer was chasing.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007156#Comment_2007156

    Latency can't go away but you can program the game to not give an edge to the player with high ping. All dedicated server games I've ever played are exclusively server calculated hit registration. (except dbd)

    Melee game latency is much more noticable than shooters but the current system does currently favor killer. I can route my data packets poorly to add 250ms of ping time to my connection to the dbd server and get an advantage as killer. That is set in stone and I don't understand killer mains arguing against this. You have high ping - you have an advantage as killer. It's that simple. Your client calculates the hit.

    You can't just bar people from playing because they don't live next to a server, which is exactly what will happen if hit validation was that aggressive. And so killers have the advantage because it's their direct objective to hit survivors in order to hook them.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007556#Comment_2007556

    You can't just bar people from playing because they don't live next to a server, which is exactly what will happen if hit validation was that aggressive. And so killers have the advantage because it's their direct objective to hit survivors in order to hook them.

    It doesn't bar them from playing. You can program interpolation to make the lagging players client "predict" movement ahead of time. Just makes it fair for everyone. It would be an integrity change.

    It's the objective but if you're high latency you should be at a disadvantage imo. It takes skill away from the game.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007561#Comment_2007561

    The counter stands at 1, but sure.

    Anyway, i´ve seen several matches where the killer couldn´t pick up or hook a downed survivor, because he froze in animation while the survivors ping spiked to 600+. This only happend during those 2 actions. Never when the killer was chasing.

    I just slapped that down. Just sick of the word narrative here. It's turned into cult culture. It has been exhausted beyond the meaning of the word.

    Yes high latency from a survivor effects the killer. Definitely!

    In the chases though is where survivor really has a hard time with high ping from the killer. The chase is also the most fun part of the game imo.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233542/why-are-killers-rewarded-for-bad-connection

    Because you appear closer to them on their screen. It's that simple. They work just as much for their hits, meaning that its no advantage. And before you accuse me of using a VPN or lagswitch, I'm on ps4, so I can't do that #########.

    Yes they appear closer.

    That means the survivor cannot play reactively. Just because you got the hit doesn't mean the survivor didn't have the opportunity to extend the chase if the killer's ping was good. That is still an advantage to killer. A lot of the time to extend a chase as survivor comes down to split second reaction time.

    EDIT: You can still vpn/ lagswitch on a ps4.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007597#Comment_2007597

    Survivors always have the option to extend a chase. It's called not being greedy.

    Okay brick wall.

  • I love how this is a technical and integrity issue which would be completely unacceptable in other pvp games and people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about feel inclined to open their mouths.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007615#Comment_2007615

    Must suck to know that a brick wall is better than you;)

    It does. It hurts so so bad.