Is there any killer where you prefer dying light over the meta slowdown?
Meta Slowdown: Pop, Ruin, Corrupt Intervention
So when you only have one slot left, do you use dying light on a killer? And when yes, why? Or do you use dying light only as combo with other slowdown perks?
I dont think there is anyone, but maybe you surprise me.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I like to run it on Plague since infected survivors are broken so the obsessions' huge healing bonus is rendered mostly null and void.
Aside from her I can't think of anyone else that Dying Light is really good on.
I don’t use ruin just because it’s typically gone in under a minute on the original maps.
I don’t use dying light on pretty much anyone, plague and legion are the prime candidates but I would rather run a chase perk on them.
Bubba is probably the next choice, since healing against him barely matters. But still, I’d rather have a chase perk or a stealth or a tracking perk instead of some extremely mediocre slowdown
That's my only slowdown perk, lol, yeah it's not the most reliable some cases, but as soon as you got the hook, you got it, the only way you can lose it is killing your obsession
DL is just so bad. Even on its best case killers like Plague it's still mediocre.
I honestly prefer Dying Light over Ruin, just because I don't like hex perks, especially not after the Undying nerf.
Thana, furtive chase, dying light, and PGTW is nice on a forever freddy
You're right with me, i never use it.
Though not because of what the Perk does, but because it's an Obsession Perk.
I prefer thana to it.I find that by the time DL becomes good you probably are already close to winning.
It is nice to have a slowdown that's guaranteed and doesn't require any extra input from you like kicking gens. And just like thana it makes all your other gen defence better because it takes the survivor longer to fix the damage you do.
But that you buff a survivor and it's pretty slow untill it get's meaningfull makes it pretty lackluster.
I've found a shocking amount of success with Dying Light.
The trick with Dying Light is that it's a "Win More" perk, meaning that if you were already ahead, Dying Light just gives you that extra little boost to keep you ahead of the curve.
I've never tried this, but an insidious bubba with nemesis and dying light could work well. You make sure the first chase procs nemesis, hook them, then bubba camp near by. You either get altruistic survivors coming to their death, or they leave the obsession to die, activating dying light.
Dying light can be good on killers who have early game pressure and can get downs fast. Like Billy, blight, nurse And stealth killers.
Legion. You benefit from both the slowdown and the healing bonus, because it tricks people into actually healing.
Myers. He's a snowball killer with no mobility, so it's a good substitute for ruin gamble. While with pgtw you can get less value since you have a slow start. Used to put it on legion, but then I realized it's better not to give them healing penalty - gens will fly.
Nope not one bit, you literally give the obsession free Desperate Measures. I'd rather not give a survivor five perks, and have a killer perk that gives them a free perk.
Maybe Plague? Even then I’d always pair it with Thanatophobia. I just don’t like how it gives the Obsession a free Botany Knowledge. I used it on Demo when it first came out for some reason.
With DL you need at least 7stacks to be around the same level as four injured with thana.
I actually prefer using Thanatophobia, but I really like using Dying Light sometimes.
Thats old dying light. With new dying light you want the obsession to be alive.
Woooops!