Do pigs traps not kill at exit anymore?

I could have sworn that they did a long time ago. I dont really play pig but thought that was the case. I had a survivor i gave a trap to crawl out and not die which caught me off guard

Comments

  • If they are armed by the last gen yes if you put them on after the last gen no

  • Ohh I didn't know that. Weird. That feels like an unnecessary limitation to the pig to me.

  • If they're active they do (used before last gen poped).

  • They really should revert Pig nerfs in 2.7.0 and make EGC stop/slow down when somebody's trapped.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Ohh I didn't know that. Weird. That feels like an unnecessary limitation to the pig to me.

    It'd be too easy to save your traps for the end game and basically get effortless kills by preventing them from getting a box.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995614#Comment_1995614

    It'd be too easy to save your traps for the end game and basically get effortless kills by preventing them from getting a box.

    Yeah I think she could get some effortless kills but I doubt all that many honestly. It also feels like a risky play to wait until the end to use them. She just feels a bit too weak already to me that having that extra weakness is a little overkill to me.


    I could be totally wrong since I don't use her much

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995620#Comment_1995620

    Yeah I think she could get some effortless kills but I doubt all that many honestly. It also feels like a risky play to wait until the end to use them. She just feels a bit too weak already to me that having that extra weakness is a little overkill to me

    For example, picture this scenario:

    Dwight plays perfectly for the entire match without being found. Until the last generator has been activated, and he gets caught in a deadzone and downed. Now Dwight has a trap on him. Now Dwight is absolutely screwed.

    The Pig has no reason to leave Dwight, because there's no more generators to protect. She can open the door to force the End Game collapse, and there's literally nothing Dwight can do. The Pig can simply force him away from the key boxes with no fear of wasting time to losing generators.

    So now Dwight can't escape because the trap will kill him, but he can't get the trap off because the Pig is camping the box. There's simply nothing he can do except wait for the End Game Collapse to kill him, there's 0 counter play to that.

    The way it works now means it would actually be Dwight's fault for being caught in that situation, because he had the trap put on him in advance before the last generator activated.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995631#Comment_1995631

    For example, picture this scenario:

    Dwight plays perfectly for the entire match without being found. Until the last generator has been activated, and he gets caught in a deadzone and downed. Now Dwight has a trap on him. Now Dwight is absolutely screwed.

    The Pig has no reason to leave Dwight, because there's no more generators to protect. She can open the door to force the End Game collapse, and there's literally nothing Dwight can do. The Pig can simply force him away from the key boxes with no fear of wasting time to losing generators.

    So now Dwight can't escape because the trap will kill him, but he can't get the trap off because the Pig is camping the box. There's simply nothing he can do except wait for the End Game Collapse to kill him, there's 0 counter play to that.

    The way it works now means it would actually be Dwight's fault for being caught in that situation, because he had the trap put on him in advance before the last generator activated.

    Although not exactly the same, I kind of view that scenario basically the same as noed which I dont even know if I feel like is totally uncalled for.


    I just feel like, and again I could be wrong, pig needs some buffs to her kit to be used much more though

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Ohh I didn't know that. Weird. That feels like an unnecessary limitation to the pig to me.

    Before EGC the hatch was an option of escape. The killer could camp the hatch or chase the survivor box to box.

    With EGC, the hatch can be closed giving no alternative but to take the helment off.

  • Ever since the EGC they don't arm unless a gen was completed after the trap was placed on someone's head. So if all the gens are done the traps are useless. They are more for slow down than keeping people from leaving. If they're busy taking a trap off their heads, they aren't repairing gens.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Ever since the EGC they don't arm unless a gen was completed after the trap was placed on someone's head. So if all the gens are done the traps are useless. They are more for slow down than keeping people from leaving. If they're busy taking a trap off their heads, they aren't repairing gens.

    Man having the main part of her kit worthless at end game is rough... i can't think of any killers that have the main part of their kit useless at the end (some have kits that I could see not being terribly useful but they can have some uses)

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995653#Comment_1995653

    Man having the main part of her kit worthless at end game is rough... i can't think of any killers that have the main part of their kit useless at the end (some have kits that I could see not being terribly useful but they can have some uses)

    They should have buffed her in some way to compensate for the EGC but she was neglected.

  • Fun tip: Sometimes survivors don't know about this change and will waste time searching boxes to remove an inactive trap.

  • I play Pig a lot, & she is pretty strong. Having a built in slow down during the game is great. However, if she could put on traps after the last Gen, that could easily be abused. With the new perk No Way Out, coupled with Blood Warden, NOED, and Remember Me. You could just crouch the entire match, and wreck everyone at the End Game. There would never be an escape. As awesome as that sounds, that could be completely unfair for survivors.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995631#Comment_1995631

    For example, picture this scenario:

    Dwight plays perfectly for the entire match without being found. Until the last generator has been activated, and he gets caught in a deadzone and downed. Now Dwight has a trap on him. Now Dwight is absolutely screwed.

    The Pig has no reason to leave Dwight, because there's no more generators to protect. She can open the door to force the End Game collapse, and there's literally nothing Dwight can do. The Pig can simply force him away from the key boxes with no fear of wasting time to losing generators.

    So now Dwight can't escape because the trap will kill him, but he can't get the trap off because the Pig is camping the box. There's simply nothing he can do except wait for the End Game Collapse to kill him, there's 0 counter play to that.

    The way it works now means it would actually be Dwight's fault for being caught in that situation, because he had the trap put on him in advance before the last generator activated.

    Pause. The. EGC. Timer.

    Done.