Don't be homophobic

Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Um, nothing in the chapter lore hints that the Killer is LGBTQ+. >.>

  • I’m pretty sure nothing was said about his sexuality though?

  • It isn't even confirmed that he is LGBT+.

    Just because he is effeminate doesn't mean he is. He's a Kpop star, this is what a lot of them look like.

    But I agree, the childish dramatics are a bit much.

  • @TAG said:

    Um, nothing in the chapter lore hints that the Killer is LGBTQ+. >.>

    yea but he is

  • This thread is borderline homophobic that OP is assuming his sexuality from his appearance.

    SMH

  • First. Which part of the killer is LGBT+? And second, people are entitled to their opinions.

  • Or they shouldn't even go in to sexuality with a ######### game.

  • @senki527 said:

    Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    I don't think most of the community ARE been homophobic, people can expess an opinion of the new Killer or characters purely based on their own thoughts, some people can't say anything these days without fear of hurting someone or coming across as something they aren't. I also know, that some yes express homophobic comments but I am sure the devs/mods will remove or warn comments, or the individual, let's just chill.

  • @senki527 said:

    Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    Not homophobic if its referring to how the killer looks. Also, there is nothing that mentions that the new killer is LGBTQIA+.

  • but neither the killer or survivor have anything mentioned in there lore hinting at them being lgbt so i don't even know what people are complaining about

  • @raysg said:

    Or they shouldn't even go in to sexuality with a ######### game.

    Yeah that would have been cool. But then they already added it multiple times anyway.

  • I can't tell if this post is legit or just troll baiting. If it isn't bait, does the backstory say he's lgbt? I haven't been able to find it yet to read it. Or are we doing the stereotype thing of assuming a non-masculine man is by default gay/trans/whatever?

  • @LiunUK said:

    but neither the killer or survivor have anything mentioned in there lore hinting at them being lgbt so i don't even know what people are complaining about

    Well, the survivor is pretty much straight, she had a boyfriend if I readed her lore correctly.

  • its an imaginary killer, why do people have to protect his feelings? Am I lost on this one?

  • @raysg said:

    Or they shouldn't even go in to sexuality with a ######### game.

    Too late, they already have.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1988598#Comment_1988598

    Well, the survivor is pretty much straight, she had a boyfriend if I readed her lore correctly.

    No that was one of the victims of the killer, the fangirl he killed and put the brilliants into her eyeholes

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    its an imaginary killer, why do people have to protect his feelings? Am I lost on this one?

    Nope, I'm kinda confused as well

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1988623#Comment_1988623

    No that was one of the victims of the killer, the fangirl he killed and put the brilliants into her eyeholes

    Oh, I see. I must be half asleep then LOL!

  • Yep, profile picture checks out

  • The lore doesn't mention about the trickster been gay, straight etc etc, nothing is mentioned, I feel just think as you wish when it comes to his sexuality as a lot have done with various characters.


    I am more disappointed no new map -.-

  • This content has been removed.
  • The worst part of all this is that there's no confirmation on his sexuality in any form, and yet creeps decide to hurl homophobic rhetoric at his design because he's more femme than the other male Killers.

  • @youarewronglol said:

    he's just Korean

    kinda messed up to assume something like that cause he's kinda stylish

    Thats what I’m saying.

  • @Mushwin said:

    The lore doesn't mention about the trickster been gay, straight etc etc, nothing is mentioned, I feel just think as you wish when it comes to his sexuality as a lot have done with various characters.

    I am more disappointed no new map -.-

    We are not getting a new map until they finish doing all the reworks.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    First. Which part of the killer is LGBT+? And second, people are entitled to their opinions.

    People are entitled to discriminate other people?

  • Nothing was said about his sexuality. And that is fine, let the players decide.

  • I wouldn’t take these things to the heart. Its the internet and people don’t give a crap about being respectful/non-discriminatory.


    You have no idea how many times I’ve been called the N word and treated like crap for being a female on a game. I just giggle and go about my day. Pisses them off every time.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989358#Comment_1989358

    I wouldn’t take these things to the heart. Its the internet and people don’t give a crap about being respectful/non-discriminatory.

    You have no idea how many times I’ve been called the N word and treated like crap for being a female on a game. I just giggle and go about my day. Pisses them off every time.

    I have just been called crap for been a gamer, and most think I am a dude because I game. lol

  • This guy is straight as fock.

  • @senki527 said:

    Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    I don't mind the homo look.. what I dislike is the fact that this looks like a marketing plot more than adding a kick @ss killer... if there's a franchise bad@ss homo killer like Miers or Freddy I would not mind..

    I actually plan on playing with the new killer as ai like to play most of them..


    If you want your opinion to be respected, respect other opinion..

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989406#Comment_1989406

    I have just been called crap for been a gamer, and most think I am a dude because I game. lol

    Lol! The internet is toxic.

  • @killz4fun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231683/dont-be-homophobic

    I don't mind the homo look.. what I dislike is the fact that this looks like a marketing plot more than adding a kick @ss killer... if there's a franchise bad@ss homo killer like Miers or Freddy I would not mind..

    I actually plan on playing with the new killer as ai like to play most of them..

    If you want your opinion to be respected, respect other opinion..

    The style may be marketing but you all are saying stuff like ‚Homo look‘, which it most definitely is not.

    isnt that just how you would picture a male KPop idol that turns out to be a sociopathic sadistic serial killer?

  • we need to head back tot he 60s with love and peace and uh other things lol

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989422#Comment_1989422

    The style may be marketing but you all are saying stuff like ‚Homo look‘, which it most definitely is not.

    isnt that just how you would picture a male KPop idol that turns out to be a sociopathic sadistic serial killer?

    @Mooks so what? Respect other to be respected..

    Btw.. I think Kpop look is homo.. even if they are not.. I don't mind if they are but it's just the way it is..

  • But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    By not confirming that he's not straight?

  • He is not LGBTQ+, he is just flashy, pretty sure it would say in the lore if he was.

  • the new killer is big gae? sweet, also he's F tier

  • No! You're not the boss of me! I'll be afraid of myself as much as I want!

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989425#Comment_1989425

    we need to head back tot he 60s with love and peace and uh other things lol

    Agreed lol. Hippie vibes. 💜

  • @senki527 said:

    Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    I don't care if he's gay at all but I do not like his presentation. He makes any member of the legion look tough in comparison. I'm pretty sure I could beat him in a fight. David King would certainly whip his ass. Killers are supposed to be something the survivors run from. There is nothing remotely threatening about a thin as a rail Korean pop star. He reminds me of jared leto's the joker, in other words, terrible. He looks like he belongs in some other game like fortnite. Not dbd. The laugh is nice and sinister, but he's got way too much color popping off and he runs like a guy with a huge mallet chasing a mouse. Maybe some of his cosmetics will tone down the absurdity of trying to run from this guy with a straight face, but his base clothing and overall design is absurd.

  • Yes, discrimination is... something normal whether some people like it or not. We as humans discriminate all the time, from our tastes to our friends. Perhaps you won't think on befriending someone like me and that's discriminating but you're entitled to that.

  • They're entitled to their right to free speech. Hateful or not.

  • @Todessense said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989406#Comment_1989406

    I can confirm that ignoring them or gigglem at them pisses them off even more. :D

    Indeed my friend, indeed 💜

  • OMG! When did addressing a killers or survivors sexality become to this??????????? what happened to horror, enjoying the game, teaming with friends, we are too obsessed with determing a killers of survs sex and their sexual preference to taking on the game which is a horro based survival game. When the heck did this go wrong and really who cares? we need more horro based things within I still get jump scares to pig and Myers, but the more we make a deal of things the more it becomes a deal.!!!!

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989358#Comment_1989358

    Yes, discrimination is... something normal whether some people like it or not. We as humans discriminate all the time, from our tastes to our friends. Perhaps you won't think on befriending someone like me and that's discriminating but you're entitled to that.

    I wouldn’t call that discrimination though, choosing who to be friends with doesn’t mean you automatically discriminate those that you actively not befriend. you can still accept and respect them as normal people.

  • @senki527 said:

    Please community, stop the homophobic treatment against the new killer. I think the Killer has a cool design and an interesting power. We need more of LGBT characters in DBD, there are too few at the moment. But they made a good step in the right direction with new killer.

    Are you assuming the new killers sexuality based on their appearance?

    Omg how dare you.

    The killer is K-pop themed. I don't think K-pop is included in LGBT whatever it is.

  • @Mysterynovus said:

    The worst part of all this is that there's no confirmation on his sexuality in any form, and yet creeps decide to hurl homophobic rhetoric at his design because he's more femme than the other male Killers.

    Not directing this criticism at you but it got old long ago how people would describe gay people or whoever as feminine. A lot of burley gays exist and people who think there's a certain set of criteria to pass as LGBT are just ignorant morons in my opinion.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989521#Comment_1989521

    I wouldn’t call that discrimination though, choosing who to be friends with doesn’t mean you automatically discriminate those that you actively not befriend. you can still accept and respect them as normal people.

    Discrimination as the spanish definition say it's "picking to exclude", so if you pick your friends and you don't befriend others, you're picking to exclude them to your friend group, it's discrimination. There's a difference between discrimination and prejudice, someone can discriminate since discrimination is just excluding someone now if you do it because you have a prejudice like a problem just because his skin, sexual orientation (racism and homophobia) then that's when there's a problem. Discriminating is an act so there's no harm done in discrimination but prejudice shows a bad mindset.

‹ 1 2 3