This next chapter is gonna be the make it or break it for the Dead By Daylight community

For someone who's been playing this game since it went free back on PS Plus in August of 2018, there's been some good and a lot of bad moments for me on this game. I've dealt with toxic people, toxic streamers, an onbarage of bugs, autoaim cucking you constantly, and the list goes on. At this point I just wonder when is enough truly gonna be enough for me.. I felt like before I discovered Dead By Daylight I was living my best life playing loads of games I loved, but since then I've induced myself to the ever so god awful grind on this game and dealt with tons of backlash from the community. This past week whenever I get on and play a few matches I can already tell that I don't even want to play, because the issues the game is present with and will continue to be present with forever. The last two chapters have been an entire mess.. Binding of Kin or the Binding of Bugs was the worst chapter to have ever be released on this game, and the devs knew it as well. BHVR wanted you to buy a killer that wasn't even fully polished, the new killer was bugged severely, the new perks didn't even work like they were suppose to, and the chapter was filled with tons of bugs that the community found if I remember it was over a 100. Then we have the mid chapter... A new UI that looked incredibly terrible, hitboxes were broken all over the place, the emblem system was completely broken to no surprise, and we have fat shaming bugs that made it into the game because nobody cares about testing things. They fixed this stuff which is nice, but c'mon BHVR why must you rush all this stuff out after PTB!? You delayed the mid chapter with literally no changes, but couldn't do it to the Binding of Bugs chapter!? Whatever this upcoming chapter plans to be, a lot of people are giving you guys one last chance. Because it's truly sickening that we the people who got you to where you are, have to play a game that's still in the Beta version honestly. Certain known Dead By Daylight steamers are starting to play other things, and sadly the Fog Whispers have to be forced to play this game because of their partnership. I loved the Clown changes although I wish you guys did something to his map mobility, but I'm not letting you off the hook for everything else you've done since the Halloween Event which I don't even need to talk about how bad that was. All we want is a game that everyone can enjoy, and not have to get frustrated at thanks to greedy and lazy decisions. If this next chapter fails miserably, I think I'll be uninstalling the game for good and just be done with it permanently and just be happy. Because honestly everyone is happy when we don't play DBD. Rant over...

Comments

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976646#Comment_1976646

    I hate when people refer to Steam charts to know how many players are leaving/joining. LOTS of players are from Xbox, PS4/PS5, Switch. I own the game on all three of them and I assure you, if you turn cross-play off and look for a game as killer you won’t believe it. The queue times have never been this long. Yes, people left the game. Much more people than Steam can tell.

    Steam is the only one that allows people to check this data, as far as I know. However, there's no reason to believe that players on other platforms are any different from the ones on Steam. Furthermore, if you turn off crossplay, you're only matched with others who have done the same, who are a very small minority. Queue times with crossplay disabled don't mean anything.

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Its the break it, we got a Kpop idol while fortnite gets a horror icon (Ripley and the Xenomorph). How embarrassing.

    Street Fighter is a horror icon? 😜

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    if they add kpop idol or any other cringe sh*t like that i'm straight up gonna quit permanently lol

    Quitting because you don't like a character is waaaay more "cRiNgE" than the Dev's adding a character from a genre millions love.

    Also, bye I guess. All the teasers they've released are heavily implying either the killer or the survivor has a background in K-Pop.

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Its the break it, we got a Kpop idol while fortnite gets a horror icon (Ripley and the Xenomorph). How embarrassing.

    This kind of thinking is dumb when DBD already has iconic figures like Myers, Pyramid Head, and whatnot.

    I wasn't aware DBD wasn't allowed to do original content anymore simply because fortnite got a licenced character.

  • Imagine being livid over a word.

  • @RavCav_ said:

    I feel like someone makes this statement about every chapter. Give Behavior a break. At least they got rid of the scattered HUD.

    "At least they fixed the problem that they intentionally created in the first place" is not exactly a good commendation for BHVR.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978467#Comment_1978467

    If they gonna add stuff like this and this gonna become fortnite horror version then there's no point sticking around for me.

    I don't even know what you're saying.

    Let me get this right-- The Dev's adding a character-themed after a multi-billion industry, makes it Fortnite Horror Edition? Even though, fundamentally, the game won't change? How does that work?

    You're allowed to have an opinion, but quitting the game over a character you may not like is petty and extreme.

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978037#Comment_1978037

    While a Original Chapter is nice, BHVR (useally) does a better job with licenced chapters. Look at Myers and PH.

    Oh don’t get me wrong, I agree with that. I much more prefer licensed chapters. But I’m still open to original ones.

    and it’s my dream to get Xeno. But someone on Reddit mentioned that apparently Disney owns Alien now? So it’s not possible. I hope this isn’t true.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978486#Comment_1978486

    I don't even know what you're saying.

    Let me get this right-- The Dev's adding a character-themed after a multi-billion industry, makes it Fortnite Horror Edition? Even though, fundamentally, the game won't change? How does that work?

    You're allowed to have an opinion, but quitting the game over a character you may not like is petty and extreme.

    doesn't matter if it's a multi-billion industry its not horror related at all just seems like another cash grab to get k-pop stans to get the game.

    It could completely break the emersion seeing k star running about especially if its a killer will just make the game more meme-able the scary.

    Unless they manage to do it right and make it scary 🤷 It's not game breaking and i wont complain about it but i just don't see how it fits.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977998#Comment_1977998

    You literally phrased YOUR opinion as that of an entire community! Have an opinion... then state YOURS do not presume to speak for anyone but yourself.

    You're literally trying to throw words into my mouth, I'm not speaking for the whole community I'm speaking for myself. My response to you was making a comparison of people who voice their frustrations compared to people who voice their opinions on the internet, because neither matter when people are gonna ######### at you for it.

  • I get it all, But this community is spoiled by the stuff they do- you really believe that thought I'm sick or it not good will work - don't play or.pay. It's not forced. But they are some of the best secs I have ever seen. Yeh a bit late, but they addresse the #########..

  • @malloymk said:

    Red rank killer game is simply too challenging (for me) at this time. My win condition in 4 bbq stacks. The amount of games where I have to camp my 3rd stack because all 5 gens are done happen way too often.

    The reality is survivors have too many resources. Literally though survivors do try to milk each pallet loop, they really don't need to at all. You can literally throw a pallet down and gain distance loop once or twice throw pallet down, gain distance, and repeat. The killer either has to leave you and pressure gens (but then that guy can just do the exact same thing).

    Gens will pop quickly and the game ends. I've had a few games lately where survivors have said "gg" and I don't think they're even being disingenuous, but after it's like, "well was it?" That game lasted maybe 6 minutes. What was good about it?

    I think in general there needs to be way less pallets. Maybe 8-10 tops. If you're going to have 20-25 like on some maps, then they shouldn't spawn at all. Maybe 3 or 4 pallets spawn after it gets down to 2 gens as a reward, but the killers need some early game pressure. And with 20 pallets plus most players running some sort of exhaustion perk, many to most killers really have issues getting early pressure.

    I know I know, "I get 4ks all the time". Sure, play enough and you'll have some easy matches too. But any group of survivors that split up on gens and simply exchange 40-45 second chases, are going to win most matches. And if the games lasted a bit longer and there was more action, at least losing would be kind of fun. As it is now, it's been rough for me post 4.5.2. And from the sounds of it it's been rough for many other killers as well.

    So uhh devs... How's that early game mechanic coming along? Because 1/5th of your player base (if not more) really could use it... Any day now.

    We have too many resources? I spat out my vodka so as not to choke on your hilarious hypocrisy. Killers are faster, indestructible, almost all of your aura/location perks or add-ons trump ours, you're never more than 12 steps away from a conveniently located hook, wiggling is freaking useless, the hit boxes are in your favor, Behaviour has closed off an insane number of exits and vaults, they've made the maps brighter and less cluttered, and "face camping is a viable killer strategy." Not to mention the always popular killer habit to "hit 'em over and over again while they're on the hook because I'm a killer, thus allowed to be toxic, but don't you DARE teabag me!"


    I swear, it's like you killers just expect us to stand there and let you beat our brains in so that you always get what you need out of every match. Survivors can't even physically defend ourselves except for flashing a comically underpowered flashlight at you, using a difficult Hail Mary that the devs recently had the audacity to make even more situational than it already was (Defensive Strike), or dropping a pallet (and heaven help us if it actually connects, because you psychos will usually tunnel us into the ground for daring to, y'know, try to SURVIVE).


    And did I mention that wiggling, a survivor's only consistent means of physical agency against a killer, is FREAKING USELESS? I did? Sorry, I forgot as I'm literally wearing away the anti-slip rubber on my controller in my 1 millionth futile attempt to wiggle free from a killer. I'm being hauled off to my doom but all I can really do is throw my hands in the ayer? And wave 'em like I just don't cayer? Wait, maybe if I put on Boil Over, which makes my wiggling 75% more effective? Oh, never mind; I already had it equipped. Not that it even matters since you killers are never more than two farts away from a hook anyway. Maybe Slippery Meat and all these laughably worthless luck add-ons and Up The Anti will help me get off this hook? Because EVERYONE knows that luck is absolutely not the most worthless stat in all the history of video games. Surely Behaviour wouldn't have trolled us by making a survivor with a completely useless perk. Nah. Perhaps we survivors have too many things going for us after all. WONK WONK.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976256#Comment_1976256

    The fact that we got a K-Pop character won't break the game.

    You do realize Fortnite is multiple times bigger than Dead By Daylight ever will be, right? Fortnite get's a license like every other week. Fornite sneezes and the entirety of the MCU and Star Wars rush to clean it up. It's not embarrassing that DbD is just a smaller game.

    At topic, yeah, probably. The game won't die, new players will stream in as they always have, but it may lose a big chunk of long time players if the chapter is bad again.

    That’s why I don’t like fortnite. They just keep giving u licensed character because they ran out of idea and need something to please the fans.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978422#Comment_1978422

    Steam is the only one that allows people to check this data, as far as I know. However, there's no reason to believe that players on other platforms are any different from the ones on Steam. Furthermore, if you turn off crossplay, you're only matched with others who have done the same, who are a very small minority. Queue times with crossplay disabled don't mean anything.

    They mean something if they were shorter by a half until 4.5

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978006#Comment_1978006

    You're literally trying to throw words into my mouth, I'm not speaking for the whole community I'm speaking for myself. My response to you was making a comparison of people who voice their frustrations compared to people who voice their opinions on the internet, because neither matter when people are gonna ######### at you for it.

    Eyeroll - Your title literally states "THIS NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE THE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT FOR THE DEAD BY DAYLIGHT COMMUNITY"

    Seriously - say what you mean and mean what you say. This may be an online forum, but choose your words better.

  • Speak for yourself dude. Some of us really like what BHVR is doing with the game.

1 2 ›