What are the perks you think need a buff/rework the most, how would you do it?

You often see posts about nerfing perks as well as posts about some common perks people want buffed in a way but what are some of the other less common underpowered perks you would like to see changes to? Also this isn't about nerfing perks or ones that need a rework to reduce their power like OoO.

For me I think insidious could be changed from a meme perk to one that has decent use, like what if you gained the undetectable status effect after you hook a survivor for a short duration say 10 or maybe 15 seconds? that way you can use it to be less predictable after hooking someone and it could even catch some hook rushers or survivors on gens off guard.

For the survivor side I think poised could get some love, a rework i thought for it was that it only activates when you complete a gen they could increase the time to say 20 seconds that you don't leave scratch marks and that timer only decreases when you run. that would make it better since you can save it's duration for when you need it and you don't have to worry about wasting it's activation.

Comments

  • I say premonition needs a buff. Its so bad compared to Spine Chill. The cool down is way to long and could work against you if you get a false positives. To buff it I would lower the cooldown to 15 or 20 seconds and maybe shorten the cone to be precise.

    Another perk that needs to be reworked is no one left behind. I'm convinced this is the most forgotten perk ever and I see no one use it. And for good reasons it only active when the doors are open. It needs a rework.

    Thats all for now

  • I've always wanted to totally rework Deju Vu into repairing generators that's been kicked 50% faster up until the point they were kicked from.

    Would be a nice counter to perks like Ruin and Pop, while not really being super strong and having a condition to activate. It'd be decently strong, but I doubt it'd become meta over all the 2nd chance perks.

  • Autodidact needs some love. What I don't get with the perk, is why does tier 1 require three tokens but tier 3 requires five tokens? I know with tier 1 you get very little progress of healing after hitting skill checks, but why not switch the tiers around? Tier 3 Autodidact should require only three tokens, and should get a greater effect of healing progress after hitting skill checks. And speaking of skill checks, they really need to be more frequent with this perk. Because for some reason I get more skill checks using no healing perks, but once I slap Autodidact on I get sometimes two at best or none.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I say premonition needs a buff. Its so bad compared to Spine Chill. The cool down is way to long and could work against you if you get a false positives. To buff it I would lower the cooldown to 15 or 20 seconds and maybe shorten the cone to be precise.

    Another perk that needs to be reworked is no one left behind. I'm convinced this is the most forgotten perk ever and I see no one use it. And for good reasons it only active when the doors are open. It needs a rework.

    Thats all for now

    I think for No One Left Behind they can change it's activation requirement

    An idea that just popped into my head was what if it was token based and it activated if you meet the required tokens after gens are completed. As for how you would get tokens i think simply preforming saves and healing would be fair and something like 4 tokens would activate the perk, would pair well with we will live forever.

    Another one could be you need to preform corporative actions for a certain amount of time say 80 seconds or else the perk wont activate and it only activates after all gens are completed. I kinda like this one better fits the perk and doesn't force you to max out your altruism right away.

  • Buff the useless hex perks and actually make them worthy of a hex or just don't make them a hex. Example Blood Favor

  • I feel like a good bug for audodidact would be a increase skill check chance currently it’s there is a 8 % per second for a skill check so maybe increase the percentage by like 10 % 15 %

  • Monstrous shrine should just spawn 2 basements where possible in addition to what it already does.

    Or maybe make the killer spawn in the basement for flair.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1970405#Comment_1970405

    I think for No One Left Behind they can change it's activation requirement

    An idea that just popped into my head was what if it was token based and it activated if you meet the required tokens. As for how you would get tokens i think simply preforming saves and healing would be fair and something like 4 tokens would activate the perk, would pair well with we will live forever.

    Another one could be you need to preform corporative actions for a certain amount of time say 80 seconds or else the perk wont activate and it only activates after all gens are completed. I kinda like this one better fits the perk and doesn't force you to max out your altruism right away.

    I think those ideas are good. It could really make it used more because now it's forgettable and useless.

  • All of the weak ones.

  • @SilentPill said:

    Monstrous shrine should just spawn 2 basements where possible in addition to what it already does.

    Or maybe make the killer spawn in the basement for flair.

    I have seen this one and highly disagree since it only benefits players looking to do nasty basement builds/play styles.

    I have this rework idea here that goes directly against that and imo would be stronger for the average style of play.

    Monstrous Shrine: For each survivor hooked in the basement all survivors get -15/-20/-25 % to repairs, cleansing, and opening the exit gates while monstrous shine is active. Monstrous shine is not active unless you are 32 meters away from the basement. Survivors in the basement suffer from the oblivious status effect. While Monstrous Shrine is active you gain the haste status effect (5%).

  • Blood favor deserves some love they should remove the basic attack requirement and the cooldown so it’s actually a hex perk. Then they should increase the range it blocks pallets to 48 meters. Then this perk would be worth running.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Blood favor deserves some love they should remove the basic attack requirement and the cooldown so it’s actually a hex perk. Then they should increase the range it blocks pallets to 48 meters. Then this perk would be worth running.

    Or just get rid of it's cooldown

    it has a 55 second cooldown since you include it's active period and survivors easily run out of it's active range, having such a big cooldown is so dumb. could also use a range increase.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1970482#Comment_1970482

    Or just get rid of it's cooldown

    it has a 55 second cooldown since you include it's active period and survivors easily run out of it's active range, having such a big cooldown is so dumb. could also use a range increase.

    That’s what I said though

  • i glanced over you saying to remove it's cooldown lol sorry.

  • Poised should only be used when you are running. I have a soft spot for this perk but it's depressing when a gen is completed while you're on the hook and you see the perk counting down while you can't do anything. If the 10 seconds were only used when running it would be a good perk without it being overpowered.

  • Distortion should have a way to regain tokens if they go with proposed Object I would really want to run New Object and Distortion. Premonition should have a shorter Cooldown and maybe when it'll have an intenser red closer the killer is. Predator should get rid of it's current effect of scratch marks closer. And instead have scratch marks last longer and be brighter. Gear head can keep it's current effect work on both skill checks. A cool idea I heard is for the 45 seconds you'll have old Ruin

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Distortion should have a way to regain tokens if they go with proposed Object I would really want to run New Object and Distortion. Premonition should have a shorter Cooldown and maybe when it'll have an intenser red closer the killer is. Predator should get rid of it's current effect of scratch marks closer. And instead have scratch marks last longer and be brighter. Gear head can keep it's current effect work on both skill checks. A cool idea I heard is for the 45 seconds you'll have old Ruin

    For distortion i think you should gain tokens if you escape a chase however to make it more fair you can't have more than 3 tokens.

    i haven't heard of that idea for gearhead and it sounds pretty cool, not sure how strong that would be but at least for newer players it will be a good way to stall the game.

  • Hangman's Trick- Revert it back to making sabo take longer, and have sabo'd hooks respawn faster

    I want the Open Handed buff to make it into the game

    I can only think of combining two perks into one....

  • I think the perk that needs the most buffs for each side is Buckle Up and Hex: Blood Favor.

    I think Buckle Up should get this effect, in addition to the current effects:

    "When you heal a Survivor from the dying state to the injured state, that Survivor is given the Endurance status effect for the next 8 seconds."

    Basically give it Soul Guard's effect, except when you pick them up instead of when you are picked up.


    For Blood Favor, take your pick at one of these ideas:

    -Remove the Hex and increase the range to like 24 or even 32 meters while also increasing the duration by a bit.

    -Remove the cooldown and make it affect every pallet on the map, because that'd be strong enough for a Hex Perk.

    -Make it affect pallets outside of the 16 meter range instead of inside that range. Either they hold W and hope the effect wears off before the Killer catches up or they stay at a nearby loop and risk going down quickly on that loop.


    I think choosing one of these ideas for Blood Favor would make the perk much better.

  • Let Buckle Up have infinite range instead of having to be super close to see the aura. Remove the healing requirement from Second Wind. Make Cruel Limits block the windows near the survivor you're chasing, rather than near a completed gen. Remove the cooldown from Hex: Blood Favor. Return Mettle of Man to 2 protection hits. Adrenaline should not activate if you're already exhausted.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    You often see posts about nerfing perks as well as posts about some common perks people want buffed in a way but what are some of the other less common underpowered perks you would like to see changes to? Also this isn't about nerfing perks or ones that need a rework to reduce their power like OoO.

    For me I think insidious could be changed from a meme perk to one that has decent use, like what if you gained the undetectable status effect after you hook a survivor for a short duration say 10 or maybe 15 seconds? that way you can use it to be less predictable after hooking someone and it could even catch some hook rushers or survivors on gens off guard.

    For the survivor side I think poised could get some love, a rework i thought for it was that it only activates when you complete a gen they could increase the time to say 20 seconds that you don't leave scratch marks and that timer only decreases when you run. that would make it better since you can save it's duration for when you need it and you don't have to worry about wasting it's activation.

    1. undying rework(won’t work but my idea): undying would have tokens at the start. Undying would begin with 1/1/2 tokens. The tokens would work as the old undying, once the tokens are used up, undying deactivates. Undying’s aura reading ability only affects hex totems. They’re also no hex notifications that undying is active.
    2. distortion rework: get rid of the extra seconds for no scratch marks & increase the tokens 3/4/5 tokens. 6 seconds of no scratch marks & your aura isn’t shown to the killer.
    3. coup de grace buff: 2 tokens for each generator done.
    4. sloppy butcher buff: tier 3 affects the survivors tremendously. Slightly slower gen speeds ( they can’t focus from being brutally attacked).
    5. thanatophobia buff: 7%/8%/9% reduced action speed.(stays the same) an addition of adding a penalty to exit gates.
    6. overcharge buff: I like theclownisking’s idea on how to buff overcharge. Which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229410/an-idea-to-buff-overcharge#latest
  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230003/what-are-the-perks-you-think-need-a-buff-rework-the-most-how-would-you-do-it

    1. undying rework(won’t work but my idea): undying would have tokens at the start. Undying would begin with 1/1/2 tokens. The tokens would work as the old undying, once the tokens are used up, undying deactivates. Undying’s aura reading ability only affects hex totems. They’re also no hex notifications that undying is active.
    2. distortion rework: get rid of the extra seconds for no scratch marks & increase the tokens 3/4/5 tokens. 6 seconds of no scratch marks & your aura isn’t shown to the killer.
    3. coup de grace buff: 2 tokens for each generator done.
    4. sloppy butcher buff: tier 3 affects the survivors tremendously. Slightly slower gen speeds ( they can’t focus from being brutally attacked).
    5. thanatophobia buff: 7%/8%/9% reduced action speed.(stays the same) an addition of adding a penalty to exit gates.
    6. overcharge buff: I like theclownisking’s idea on how to buff overcharge. Which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229410/an-idea-to-buff-overcharge#latest

    I think undying is fine with how it protects totems what is NOT fine is how they gutted it's secondary effect as the aura reading is pretty useless. I personally think they should switch undying and TOTH effects to look like this. Since TOTH also kinda has retributions effect I'll include it too.

    Hex: Undying: When another hex totem is cleansed it replaces this totem and keeps all of its tokens. For each totem in the trial cleansing speed is reduced by 5/10/15 %. (This makes totems take 21 seconds to cleanse until a hex is cleansed)

    Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt: While this hex is active when a survivor is within 5 meters of any totem their aura is revealed for 2/4/6 seconds. When a survivor cleanses any totem their aura is revealed once more for 10 seconds. As long as this Hex persists gain 50% more bloodpoints in the hunter category.

    Hex: Retribution: As long as this hex is active when a survivor cleanses a dull totem they become oblivious for 35  seconds, when any hex totem becomes cleansed you gain the undetectable status effect for 60/70/80 seconds or until you down a survivor.

    Honestly i think anything that increases distortions token count would be a buff however i would like a way to earn tokens same thing with coup de grace. As for overcharge since gens have red sparks players will quickly realize overcharge is being used i think there are better buffs.

    As for thano and sloppy i don't agree with, 9% is way too high i would make that at most 7% and sloppy is fine as it is and has nothing to do with repairing.