Do you think slugging is fine?
Yeah personally I think so. A killer who slugs for the 4 k immediately yeah he's annoying. But when they need to or it's the best option I think it's fine I prefer it over getting hooked. But what do you think?
Yeah personally I think so. A killer who slugs for the 4 k immediately yeah he's annoying. But when they need to or it's the best option I think it's fine I prefer it over getting hooked. But what do you think?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Survivors really need to stop complaining about slugging because it’s a requirement to win due to how fast gens go.
If it wasn't fine, there wouldn't be perks on it for both sides (Knockout, Deerstalker, and to an extent Infectious for Killer) (Tenacity, Unbreakable and Flip Flop for survivor).
It is, however, a dick move to slug early on in most scenarios, although fine if survivors are nearby.
Obviously, our opinions may differ, but I just find it boring to be slugged for a minute or two early into the match when my team isn't remotely close. That doesn't mean it needs to be changed, but as a solo player its definitely something I hate to see, probably because I can't communicate to tell a specific one to pick me up. I probably should run Unbreakable but the situation seems too rare for me to use it.
Ya for flip flop people like all be happy if you slug me
This is more a general dbd thing but if its 5 or 4 gens and your rushing to end the game by slugging up the entire team I don't understand why? Once your capable of slugging the entire team and your 4 or 5 gens up there no reason to push to slug everyone. You have to really mess up to lose from that point. But ya general slugging is definitely important for generating pressure especially if your playing a low mobility killer. Its a good habit for killers players to recognize the insta pick up isn't always ideal.
I'd rather be slugged than hooked, killers slugging me instead of hooking me has allowed me to escape more alot of times.
If 3 or 4 gens go yeah slug but you shouldn't slug in the beginning in the match it ends i quick and l love a long and difficult match
Slugging late in the match, ok, I don't have a problem with it, but when it happens early, like even before a single gen is complete, I hate that. You downed me, hook me already and go after someone else, don't just leave me on the ground bleending while everyone else is fixing or doing something else.
Overall its fine but I think because I'd hate it as a survivor I try not to slug everyone. I still do if needed though. There's nothing wrong with it but I avoid it if possible
Is doing gens fine? I mean it's a part of the game and killers should kill and survivors should escape. That is the game.
Exactly.
really depends on the situation :
Snowballing? Great, that's how trials should be won or lost. 3-4 person slugging with IF on Nurse? Third seal and Knockout? Not so much, there needs to be a defence to having most of the team on the ground for extended periods that isn't a perk.
yeah ill slug if im using some one like oni if i feel its the best option
For Map Pressure? Sure.
To BM? Nope.
For the 4K? Cant be asked to do that.
If you're slugging because you have somewhere to be or there's another survivor within eyeshot? That's perfectly fine by me, you're just doing your job. As long as you actively progress the game by slugging than I think it's fine. Just try to not let anybody bleed out.
I honestly don't care if a killer slugs me, I have never had a problem with it. I would only be upset if the killer slugged everyone and didn't hook them.
as a boosted survivor main, i can understand that it is a strategy and is not really toxic. now, if you camp the downed survivor, thats a bit toxic. but if you use it as more time to get other survivors(especially if they are the final two) i think it is a legitimate strategy.
Absolutely yes, slugging is a key element in the killer's arsenal of tactics. People who complain about it are just entitled imo.
it's an strategy like camping or tunneling.
If someone wants to play that way they can. Sure it isn't to fun to go against but it doesn't happen that often and I'd rather just recover and go on my phone for a few mins if no one picks me up instead of being upset about something that's not going to change. Plus unbreakable exists.
I mean sometimes its not scummy but I try not to slug as much as possible... but sometimes they push me into a corner where I really have to slightly slug then complain in post chat.