I Camp and I'm Proud of it
I camp.
Sometimes.
I have had 4ks and 0ks by camping.
I found good survivors (better than me) can organize and pull me off a camped hook and escape with all 4.
They say "gg" in end chat (probably recognizing my terrible camping skill and feeling sad for me)
I have had 3k and 4k rounds..camping off and on...and the end game chat has all sorts of insults/excuses/name calling/threats to "report" (whatever that means....tell their dad??)
Conclusion:camping can be viable. Good survivors will own you if you face camp but crappy survivors will just name call and cry. Use camping at your discretion, but don't feel bad when survivors fail to pull you off camp and call you names. Also don't be mad when good survivors manage to smoke you and create a 4 escape.
Sometimes.
I have had 4ks and 0ks by camping.
I found good survivors (better than me) can organize and pull me off a camped hook and escape with all 4.
They say "gg" in end chat (probably recognizing my terrible camping skill and feeling sad for me)
I have had 3k and 4k rounds..camping off and on...and the end game chat has all sorts of insults/excuses/name calling/threats to "report" (whatever that means....tell their dad??)
Conclusion:camping can be viable. Good survivors will own you if you face camp but crappy survivors will just name call and cry. Use camping at your discretion, but don't feel bad when survivors fail to pull you off camp and call you names. Also don't be mad when good survivors manage to smoke you and create a 4 escape.
Comments
Dont forget to report the insulting survivors
The devs even explicity explained that killers are allowed to camp, survivors just dont wanna believe the truth
Take jendenise for example.
She deranks down to rank 12ish before stream such that she has "nice" matches.
Then during the game, terms like "baby killer" are thrown around while she bullies the low rank killer with her SWF. But god damn if the killer starts camping or tunneling, he was a BAD killer because he felt the need to use those strategies.
Streams like this teach the survivor the "survivor way", but as a killer you will learn to bath in the salt anyway at some point and life threats will deflect from your toxicity shield too
This is my profile description at the moment:
Dead by Daylight is not a game about a killer hunting survivors. It is a zoo keeper sim. You can play an angry zoo keeper or one of 4 monkeys trying to destroy all the zoo equipment. The protagonists of the game are the killers. The horrible antagonists are the survivors.
Rules of the zoo:
Use DS or abuse a lightsabre and the zoo keeper will stay at your monkey cage to make sure you dont escape the zoo.
Do you mind sharing yours? Its about time to switch mine
You have the right to camp it just makes you a no talent hack is all. But you are welcome to it.
I do understand that camping is a constant tactic for some people, but don't you want to get more skillfull by trying to work out other ways of playing and possibly winning? Not saying people who camp are instantly awful people that do not have skill, but I do know that people who camp will never really get ''good'' at the game because they haven't given themself the opportunity to learn new things and see what else works out.
I t-bag, flashlight spam, and DS proudly! And you bet I’ll wait for you at the gate!
Here is an example: If you run the perk that shows survivor auras that are x distance away from you when you hook someone and you hook someone but no auras show up....this means all survivors (or however many didn't show) are within x range of you, likely waiting for you to run off so they can free the hook.
There are other times when camping a hook is absolutely a great strategy too. And as that salty post under yours states (untactfully), a good survivor has plenty of tools to get me away from the camp and free the survivor.
It is usually the immature or bad survivors that tbag, call names and threaten to report, but I can't get made at them....They just don't know any better.
The good ones usually understand what I am doing and counter it.
And you were born a loser with baby dick syndrome.. Feel sorry for you
This became funny quite fast.
Some survivors will call you a camper to shame you into playing their way. You do you, they'll get over it soon enough. If they dont, then they weren't old enough to play the game anyway.
Well, getting s triggered response was easier than I thought.
Hey, whatever gets the job done.
Good for you
Haven't you ever heard of the t-bag and flashlight spam legit tactics? They lure some of these campers away from the hook.
Camping with Nurse always works : P
agreed
but but but....!
Survivor mains
"Seems to me like your playing the game the way it's supposed to be played and not the way I want you to(where you hook us but let everyone take turns unhooking and healing each other and the kindly walking us out the gate), so yeah gonna have to go ahead call bull and cry NERF!."
I camp somewhat because it works, really well, when I play as Freddy, works on SWF more than I feel it should >.> too.
Kinda like how you don't want to get stung but you keep kicking the hornet's nest....Stop rushing in as they're hooked kek. So far when I play survivor I see a killer camp for a hot second then leave to make a quick round of the hook. Only like twice have they stood there and watched me like legit nodding too LOL but I didn't get mad because other peeps got out because of it!
That said, i only really camp when some hyper efficient swf sucked the joy out of the game, maybe if someone is toxic, and/or maybe if i know someone is close by.
I like hunting survivors, and it's best when they aren't in tryhard mode and actually need to look for stuff.
I like chasing survivors, and it helps when they aren't professional decoys/tour guides of pallate town.
I'm not some quad junkie looking to kill everyone. I'm not that great of a survivor or killer. Show me a good time, and i don't care if a few escape. Would be super if they just left instead of lingering for 10 minutes at the gate after i walked away, though.
As long as the entity isn't displeased, I'm not bothered.
I played tonight and didn't camp....but I played Myers for his "lvl EW 4 times" daily. Survivors gen rushed and popped gates in no time...I got like three hooks and no kills...just spent time stalking and hitting if the opportunity came.
Last survivor tbing by exit gates....so I stood and stalked for the 3rd level...she tried to flashlight me...but I hit EW III anyway...let it run out while she taunted me....then did it again for the 4th.
Game took like 7 minutes...killer got 2nd most BPs, plus daily.
There are so many ways to play the game...some people just can't handle it. When someone gets triggered by camping or tbagging...maybe it's time to stop playing online games.
Better is TUNNELING.
You may have.missed some.of the earlier posts, but I disagree....an unskilled camper is no match for coordinated survivors. If the camper is winning simply by sitting.on the hooks, then the survivors are playing poorly.
Likewise, if I am camping a hook while gens are being popped left and right and 3 survivors have free reign.of the map, then I am playing poorly.
The point isn't whether or not camping is allowed or not allowed. It is clearly as allowed as any other strategy short of holding the game hostage.
The point is that anyone with half a brain cell realises that you are playing against other people who 9/10 want a cool gaming experience. You don't get a good gaming experience by being facecamped by a killer or hard camped and immediately tunneled off the hook. Killers like this are not any good at the game, won't ever be complimented and can expect people who are playing a game to (shock horror) have fun and get treated like shite to give them some mouth.
Good killers are not obsessed with 'winning' whatever that seems to mean or getting a 4k every game, but are interested in having a fun game for themselves and the survivors.
Weak and unskilled killers will carry on camping and tunneling, the top killers will carry on giving their survivors great games. Simple as that.
I don't have a problem with campers, its just boring. I think the devs should figure out a way to embrace the strategy and give survivors something to do while on the hook (NOT SKILL CHECKS OR SMASHING BUTTONS). But, I dunno, even stupid emotes. I think you should be earning some BP while hanging on the hook, and not just during the struggle phase (which is super boring).
I liked one guys idea of giving hooked survivors an ability to wander around the map as a ghost.
If no gens have been done and two people are on adjacent hooks you can bet your shards I'm gonna camp.
Earning blood points while hooked would.Give survivors less incentive to avoid killers. Good groups.often stay after exit gates are opened to farm blood points against sloppy killers, which (imo) defeats the essence of this game.
But the wandering around might work unless it is a swf where they basically can be used as a free scout to follow the killer and relay info to group. They might have to have vc somehow disabled to allow that.
Edit: but then again, I don't think there is any way to ever disable voice chat with friends that want to use it...It just sucks to have to worry about balancing a game around use of voice chat.
So you are proud of being bad at the game? That is what I understand from what you are saying.
The problem is really more complicated than just "do gens" though. Doing gens is fine, but its again boring if we have no threat from the killer because he's sitting on one hooked survivor.
Then there is the BP problem. So killer hooks one dude, the other survivors pop all 5 gens and leave.... everyone gets minimal BP. And the poor sap on the hook got maybe a 1k of bp because he (thankfully) struggled and had the most boring time.
Again, its IMO a problem with this game not having a well defined win condition. Lately, I've been more interested in BP, but certainly when I started it was about ME surviving. The game is unbalanced in more ways than just killer vs survivor.
@Attackfrog whatever gets you the results you are seeking.
Then you didn't read the post. It's usually the bad survivors that throw insult. Doesn't make me mad....I just feel bad for you, but keep at it. You'll get better!
I agree. I have lost plenty of survivors even while running NOED....but that is more a testament to my lack of skill (or the skill of the survivors).
There are certainly ways to play which hinder both teams objectives, no matter what they may be (bps, dailes, winning).
Yes, in that scenario, camping doesn't really help anyone. At better ranks, the survivors won't just leave, they will taunt the killer into Chase mode, then when he stays tethered to hook, they escape the chase and at least earn some BPs. But if the killer has been that bad, they can usually manage to pull him far enough away to free the hook and 4scape. In that scenario, the survivors out played the killer and the killer camped stupidly.
There dumb ways to camp the hook too...definitely agree on that.
I am not trying to insult you, that is what I got from your post.
They've said that multiple times, but they keep muddying the waters by adding stuff like BBQ, MYC, etc, and the upcoming Chaser emblem change.
BBQ was supposed to be an "anti camp" perk, but what it actually does is that it exposes hook swarming survivors such that you dont leave teh area.
MYC is quite unreliable on some killers, gotta test it with hag now after the QoL change.
Devour hope is the only real anti camp perk imo, but survivors are always very keen cleansing the totems
I blame the pipping. You can do all the gens, but if you don't save someone from the hook then it's hard to get those pips. Bad for everyone - especially the poor sap who gets unhooked in front of the killer by Jake.
So even when the killer is camping, even when you signal that the killer is camping, and even when there are gens still to do, everyone runs to the damn hook.
Even if I ignore my team completley, I always manage to pip just doing gens. Even if I manage to avoid looping, I still pip by escaping+gens
Survivors throw themselves at the hook to save their mates, believing that they are entitled to escape together and if the killer doesnt allow this, then he is the "bad camping guy".
Btw, survivors created the campers, in the beginning before SWF really was a thing, people rarely camped at all (only if you abused those infinites
)