I Camp and I'm Proud of it
I camp.
Sometimes.
I have had 4ks and 0ks by camping.
I found good survivors (better than me) can organize and pull me off a camped hook and escape with all 4.
They say "gg" in end chat (probably recognizing my terrible camping skill and feeling sad for me)
I have had 3k and 4k rounds..camping off and on...and the end game chat has all sorts of insults/excuses/name calling/threats to "report" (whatever that means....tell their dad??)
Conclusion:camping can be viable. Good survivors will own you if you face camp but crappy survivors will just name call and cry. Use camping at your discretion, but don't feel bad when survivors fail to pull you off camp and call you names. Also don't be mad when good survivors manage to smoke you and create a 4 escape.
Sometimes.
I have had 4ks and 0ks by camping.
I found good survivors (better than me) can organize and pull me off a camped hook and escape with all 4.
They say "gg" in end chat (probably recognizing my terrible camping skill and feeling sad for me)
I have had 3k and 4k rounds..camping off and on...and the end game chat has all sorts of insults/excuses/name calling/threats to "report" (whatever that means....tell their dad??)
Conclusion:camping can be viable. Good survivors will own you if you face camp but crappy survivors will just name call and cry. Use camping at your discretion, but don't feel bad when survivors fail to pull you off camp and call you names. Also don't be mad when good survivors manage to smoke you and create a 4 escape.
Comments
I don't get it. I never camp hooks. I patrol hooks to make sure no one is near by, but I never just stand there and watch the hook to make sure they die. That's just boring and stupid to me because while you're wasting time watching this person die, the other survivors are repairing genys and escaping.
I try hook camping every now and then and i find that games in which I just stand and watch the first person I get die on the hook, the other survivors already repaired 3 generators, sabotaged 4 hooks and are almost done with the last two generators. The last three eventually escape through the exit, leaving me with only one sacrifice.
Games in which I'm actually moving around and hooking multiple survivors at the same time, I find myself doing much better. I patrol the genys and find people there. I chase them down and eventually get them hooked. I patrol more genys, find people, get them hooked, repeat. Sure, people get pulled off the hooks, but you should keep in mind that eventually, they will get hooked again and eventually be sacrificed.
Point is, I never do well and never have fun camping. I always have fun and always do good when I patrol, simple.
Maybe it's just a perception thing? I agree it can be done (although I'll admit I'm surprised it's not as hard as I thought, since I did it myself this morning), but most people I know of keep saying that you'll need a gen and a rescue or two to pip as a survivor. If that's what people think, it may still explain the hook rushing behaviour.
Or I could be completely wrong, and they do it for other reasons.
good for you man. Only thing I would say here is that I have never seen a good player t-bag, never had an issue with it myself but never seen a skilled player do it..just pointing it out.
I'm not some survivor's ######### to play party clown, I don't care about the game's health at all, I'm a customer (in other words the king, not the jester) and not some god damn investor.
Me neither, I do none of those things. Clicking is a waste. T-bagging gets me tunneled, a possible strategy, but not for me, and I don’t use DS
We know exactly how emblems work.
You start with a bronze benevolent emblem, this means that if you get iridesecent in gens and escape, then you piped already without even being a single second in the killers terror radius or performing ANY altruistic action.
I know "most" people claim a lot because they feel like they do way more than they actually do, but there is no doubt, we know exactly how the emblems work
@DeadByFlashlight
See, I knew there was a reason I started coming here. I learn way more here than I do actually playing the game.
Cheers mate.
Fine attitude you have there. And you completely missed the point of course.
The point is I will camp if I want to, I have no reason to play in a way that amuses people if I don't want to.
Camp is like fart at the elevators, you can do it, but is disgusting for the other people.
They don't have a chance to earny any points either. So some disconect or suicide on the hook, which means the killer just camps the next guy.
Camping all game is awful and unfair. Unless the person is incredibly toxic, i.e. teabagging after every pallet drop in which case they deserve to be camped.
Until the new update punishes them for doing it of course
Considering the depipping going on in this game, I suspect it will change very little.
The killers only strength on rank 1 is to protect their hooks.
Due to the last update, that is not possible anymore as you cannot tunnel the unhooked if a rescuer immediatly pulls them off the hook.
Also after the next patch is released, you get punished for guarding yours.
So camping really isn't a good strategy anymore.
You just have to watch yourself loosing and can't do anything against it.
Everything a killer can do is nerfed to the ground because of whiny survivors.
So now killers have to chase survivors down, getting pallet looped and bullied all the game and they don't get a different taste of gameplay. They can't search chests, do gens or anything else, they have to constantly get ######### in the ass. Thats how the devs want it to be.
Killers then manage to get 2 kills with extreme tunneling or due to the survivors being incompetent, but it's not feeling like victory. It never will.
Because KILLERS are not able to win playing nice and sportsmanlike on the red ranks against viable survivors.
All a killer can do is to select nurse or hillbilly and even then get owned by even better survivors, if you don't sweat all over the game.
I just wish the game would change some day, like the devs promised like 100 times.
So whats the point of this post? Are you looking for an argument, a pat on the back?
Not ranking up is actually a good thing if you play killer
If I camp all game and the survivors rush the hook or pop the gens, bait me into chases and still escape, I deserve the loss and a lousy 1k with very few blood points because I camped for 1 sac and the survivors had free reign.
I'm new, and the only time I have blatantly camped so far was in two matches.
The first was where I played Leatherface, and this Laurie was going out of her way to chase me down and flashlight me over and over again. When I downed her and hooked her, her ass was camped and removed from the trial. No regrets. I even went as far as to dribble her in case she had DS in one of her slots.
The second was as Myers, and a Jake kept pointing and t-bagging at me every time he looped me. Okay, #########, on the hook you go, and you're camped and out. Have a nice day. Oh, two other survivors tried to rush the hook and get past me. I popped EW3 since I had it sitting right at the mark, and downed one. The other backed off. Jake was being an ass. He wasn't getting decent bloodpoints that trial.
Even with emblem change for camping in the upcoming patch, you pull that crap on me and I will happily take the penalty and camp you right out of the trial. Especially since I don't give a damn about rank and ranking-up in Dead by Daylight.
I'm not here to poke fun at you, so please don't read my question as if i am.
If you're proud of it, did you ever get triggered by salty Survivors in the chat?
Just genuinely curious.
They want you to chase them, and they'll probably give you a tour of pallet town, or fit so many loops in the chase.
If you ignore them, there's no telling what other damage they could do.
However is a killer starts the facecamp for no reason its just toxic play. It sucks for the person on the hook. You can leave them a little while but after that people want them to enjoy the game and try to help.
Every game I've had tonight bar 2 has had hard facecamping. It's worse than ever. It's more toxic than anything the survivors do. Killers are just too lazy and inadequate to play any other way. So they camp and slap on NOED.
Yep. And I'm all about having fun in a match. I want bloodpoints as killer, and I want the survivors to earn some too. We're all here to play a game and have a good time. I have zero issue letting them rescue each other from the hook for the BP. I have other survivors to hunt and gens to kick. Not a problem.
I had one match where they seriously outplayed me. All five gens and zero hooks. I was Leatherface and managed to down two of them with the chainsaw at the opened exit gates. The other two escaped. Oh, I could have hooked them both for a 2k, but they outplayed me all trial. I carried them the rest of the way to the barrier and let them go.
But when you troll me like those other two, and I manage to get you on the hook, then yeah: It's a tour of Face-Camp City for you.
I have only one rule as a Kiler: Don't go out your way to be an ass toward me.
I have been called every name under the sun, but the most frequent ones are "baby killer" and being told to commit suicide, but that is almost always from the survivor on the hook whose teammates keep rushing it before I get 10 feet away and their struggle timer runs out.
The good groups don't get mad at.you for camping because it is usually my loss if i camp for no reason but those groups I don't usually camp with because they take advantage of it. I get more kills and higher score if they release the hook and I can scramble them, break gens, hook more people....but sometimes they just don't let me and I have to camp.
Wow, didn't expect such an elaborate answer. Respect.
I see. Naturally our personal experiences differ to some degree, but i understand.
Thanks for taking my question seriously.
Just like facecampers deserve to be teabagged at the hatch/exit gates.
Survivors can use Kindred for that.
I agree, kindred should be passive. SWFs basically have kindred inbuilt anyways.
I also think that there should be a totemcounter but totems should take 10 secs longer to cleanse to make up for that.
In those case, I blame the survivors for ruining the hooked person's fun because what am.I supposed to do....let them rescue when I clearly see them?
And let's not forget: the survivor on the hook isn't on the hook for no reason...he got caught. There is a learning curve to this game that I appreciate.
I can hook, use bbq to run after some else, kick a gen and hope they will unhook my hook while I am upping their madness.
I can increase the saviors madness while he is unhooking and (maybe) slug them both then hook them both.
Characters like LF are very face value...he can do well with camping because when 1-2 srvs rush the hook, sometimes you can one shot them all.
You gotta play to the killer's strengths...Sometimes that meAns defending the hook and sometimes it means running around like and idiot.