Should borrowed time (or something like it ) be base kit?

I've seen a few people say that they think it should be basekit and I'm not too sure myself. Im not into the idea of having the full window as basekit myself but I would like a 1 second delay so that you don't get completely screwed by bad teammates when there is nothing you can do about a teammates bad decision but don't want the window to be too big that you can get a safe escape easily, especially as gates open.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I've seen a few people say that they think it should be basekit and I'm not too sure myself. Im not into the idea of having the full window as basekit myself but I would like a 1 second delay so that you don't get completely screwed by bad teammates when there is nothing you can do about a teammates bad decision but don't want the window to be too big that you can get a safe escape easily, especially as gates open.

    Thoughts?


    This would make Survivors even dumber in their playstyle. Any consideration of hook bombing out the window. It also means all saviors get tunneled.

  • Something small like 5 seconds maybe without the speed boost definitely would need to be tested thoroughly.

  • The only thing I would change about BT is make it work off killer's proximity to the hook rather than TR.

  • I'd be fine with something like BT being basekit if it was a significantly weaker version that wasn't abusable and we finally addressed all the other second chance perks in the game.

    Preventing genuine tunneling on someone I'm fine with. We just need all the "I played bad so here's another health state" perks gutted.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I'd be fine with something like BT being basekit if it was a significantly weaker version that wasn't abusable and we finally addressed all the other second chance perks in the game.

    Yeah thats kinda how I feel about it. I dont think it should be exactly the same as borrowed time but I would like at least something that doesn't doom you on the receiving end due to an idiot teammate who unhooks right by killer and they don't even have borrowed time.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The only thing I would change about BT is make it work off killer's proximity to the hook rather than TR.

    And time.

    I hate Survivors who just unhook immediately.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957410#Comment_1957410

    Yeah thats kinda how I feel about it. I dont think it should be exactly the same as borrowed time but I would like at least something that doesn't doom you on the receiving end due to an idiot teammate who unhooks right by killer and they don't even have borrowed time.

    I saw someone suggest something like you lose your hitbox collision. IE so you couldn't be hit, but you also couldn't abuse it to body block for the rescuer and what not.

  • Hell no. Killers are already weak af.

  • New Perk: "Take One For The Team". When being unhooked, if you take a hit that would put you in the dying state, the damage is ignored and applied to the person who unhooked you instead."

    "Dammit Claudette. The killer is right behind you. LEAD HIM AWAY FROM ME INSTEAD OF UNHOOKING ME."

  • @GoneForever said:

    As long as something more or less equal is added to killer's basekit, since you're basically giving survivors 5th perk for free.

    I'd be okay with trading BT as basekit for BBQ+Chili as basekit. Survivors get safer unhooks. Killers get an idea of where they should go next, and bonus BP.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The only thing I would change about BT is make it work off killer's proximity to the hook rather than TR.

    Agreed

  • I hate trying to make a rescue against a camping Freddy. If I'm in the dream world BT doesn't proc.

    My favorite are the Wraiths who hook, cloak and just stand there.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957455#Comment_1957455

    I hate trying to make a rescue against a camping Freddy. If I'm in the dream world BT doesn't proc.

    My favorite are the Wraiths who hook, cloak and just stand there.

    I've gone against both of those things as well and I think borrowed time is just outdated in the same way legions mending used to be based off of being in the terror radius

  • @GoneForever said:

    As long as something more or less equal is added to killer's basekit, since you're basically giving survivors 5th perk for free.

    Yeah I'd be on board with that. I think killers largely have the short end of the stick compared to survivors as is. Killers should get something somewhat equal. I've always been a fan of hatch not automatically opening but thats just me and I'm not sure if thats equal really

  • I don't think anything but cypress mori should be basekit. Part of the chess match is picking your perks and attempting to synergize them with your play style. Or using them to counter others.

    If anything, I'd like to see a vanilla play mode.

  • Yeah I think some sort of mori would be good basekit for killers. I honestly feel like even ebony moris are overly weak now