Spirit feels overly easy to do well with

So I've played a lot more recently and tried spirit again since I last played her when she first released (and not even played her a ton) but the two games I got I 4ked and the second I got 3 iridescent emblems and a gold emblem. I used 2 of her green addons (i believe both were movement related). I played against green rank (so not the best but still not push overs).


This is all to say that even though I had hardly any experience with her and having just a basic understanding how she works that she seems very easy to do well with. Im inclined to think she needs a slight nerf that doesnt allow a player to just try her for the first time and do very well with. It was easy to punish survivors waiting to use pallets, easy to track survivors, and easy to exploit survivors errors super easily.


Thoughts?? I play a good mix of killer and survivor and I generally think survivors are favored in the game just to clarify.

Comments

  • Most survivors are pretty terrible so it's not impossible to stomp with a killer you barely played before

  • I’m actually quite fine with simple killers my problem is when the simple killer is way too strong. For how strong spirit is her skill ceiling and floor are fairly low.

    The main thing I want them to change is make spirit harder to play and have more opportunities for survivors to outplay her.

    She doesn’t have to be blight hard but harder

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    So I've played a lot more recently and tried spirit again since I last played her when she first released (and not even played her a ton) but the two games I got I 4ked and the second I got 3 iridescent emblems and a gold emblem. I used 2 of her green addons (i believe both were movement related). I played against green rank (so not the best but still not push overs).

    This is all to say that even though I had hardly any experience with her and having just a basic understanding how she works that she seems very easy to do well with. Im inclined to think she needs a slight nerf that doesnt allow a player to just try her for the first time and do very well with. It was easy to punish survivors waiting to use pallets, easy to track survivors, and easy to exploit survivors errors super easily.

    Thoughts?? I play a good mix of killer and survivor and I generally think survivors are favored in the game just to clarify.

    Are you sure your only getting 4k because the survivors suck? Thats the first question i ask when i try to figure out if something is op. "Are they good or are their opponents newbs?"

    I use Nurse as my 2nd main killer. Nurse is the hardest killer to learn and i do pretty well with her but I suck when playing spirit.

    Also the way mmr works is it trys to gauge your skill with each killer. If you hardly played spirit before mmr turned on it thinks your new to her and gives you newer survivors. At least thats how it's suppose to work.

  • Her Green addons are pretty strong actually. And green rank survivors usually aren't.

    But she is definitely one of the stronger killers in the game.

    I would wait until you are fighting every game in red ranks before you make your final decision.

  • @Clevite said:

    Her Green addons are pretty strong actually. And green rank survivors usually aren't.

    But she is definitely one of the stronger killers in the game.

    I would wait until you are fighting every game in red ranks before you make your final decision.

    Dude, most red ranks aren't that good anyway. Unless you play in EU.

  • I agree, I played her a but recently, and I can only recall one game that didn't end in a 3k or 4k

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952812#Comment_1952812

    Dude, most red ranks aren't that good anyway. Unless you play in EU.

    I'm in the EU and most red ranks i play against are pretty terrible

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952814#Comment_1952814

    I'm in the EU and most red ranks i play against are pretty terrible

    Really? I tend to watch a lot of comp EU players play in solo queue and the players seem decent.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    So I've played a lot more recently and tried spirit again since I last played her when she first released (and not even played her a ton) but the two games I got I 4ked and the second I got 3 iridescent emblems and a gold emblem. I used 2 of her green addons (i believe both were movement related). I played against green rank (so not the best but still not push overs).

    This is all to say that even though I had hardly any experience with her and having just a basic understanding how she works that she seems very easy to do well with. Im inclined to think she needs a slight nerf that doesnt allow a player to just try her for the first time and do very well with. It was easy to punish survivors waiting to use pallets, easy to track survivors, and easy to exploit survivors errors super easily.

    Thoughts?? I play a good mix of killer and survivor and I generally think survivors are favored in the game just to clarify.

    I think the issue isn't how easy/difficult Spirit is. The issue is the lack of transparency she has, so survivors never know ######### to do, meaning they're easy pickings.

  • She really isn’t easy if you’re playing against good survivors. It’s easy to catch predictable survivors the beeline holding W but people that try to be unpredictable and don’t DC/suicide the moment they see it’s Spirit are what really separates mediocre Spirits and great Spirits.

    Survivors will get angry at me for saying this, but her skill ceiling is significantly underrated. Nurse definitely makes Spirit look easy but people need to quit acting like Spirit doesn’t have a learning curve.

  • Well yeah? The beginning and end of her skill cap is listening for survivors, which is a basic skill that you've been learning to do since you started playing the game. And the reason why it's not hard is because she's actually a good killer. If she wasn't it might be harder but her power's stats are overtuned to hell for what little counterplay she has (which can be deleted with a perk), and any of her add-ons above yellow accentuate that.

    And idk what it is with certain people who will go to hell and back to insist that Spirit has a high learning curve. I don't get that at all, you're maining a very easy killer and there's nothing wrong with it, nothing in this game is even mechanically difficult to begin with it was designed that way lmao.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952812#Comment_1952812

    Dude, most red ranks aren't that good anyway. Unless you play in EU.

    Yeah, that is a fair statement. But your odds are better of finding some good ones than green ranks

  • @GannTM said:

    She really isn’t easy if you’re playing against good survivors. It’s easy to catch predictable survivors the beeline holding W but people that try to be unpredictable and don’t DC/suicide the moment they see it’s Spirit are what really separates mediocre Spirits and great Spirits.

    Survivors will get angry at me for saying this, but her skill ceiling is significantly underrated. Nurse definitely makes Spirit look easy but people need to quit acting like Spirit doesn’t have a learning curve.

    Every killer has a learning curve(bar Freddy) but spirits is the lowest as the only skill you have to learn is tracking. Other killers like blight billy huntress all require more mechanical skill along with strategic skill.

    Imo her skill ceiling is the second lowest and there is too much reward for that low ceiling

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952899#Comment_1952899

    Every killer has a learning curve(bar Freddy) but spirits is the lowest as the only skill you have to learn is tracking. Other killers like blight billy huntress all require more mechanical skill along with strategic skill.

    Imo her skill ceiling is the second lowest and there is too much reward for that low ceiling

    There is also husk positioning, sharp reactions, and managing power gauge. It’s certainly not the hardest in the world but I disagree with the fact that tracking is the only thing Spirits can learn.

    To be fair though, I will say that she is a top tier killer and should be harder but the Freddy-Spirit ratio of how much skill they require is the same as the Spirit-Nurse ratio imo, if that makes sense.

  • Define "overly easy" because people are so used to the low tier killers they see others as easier, when in actual fact using the low tier killers is like handicapping yourself and they're more difficult than they should be

  • Spirit is a very easy killer if you just use her good stuff and a headset. It takes maybe a couple of trials to get into the swing of things and then it's just 4k's over and over again.

    Personally, though I find her to be unfair no matter what, I also find her to be quite hard to play because I don't use Stridor or max out my headset volume whilst lowering the bass and boosting the treble. Although many people still find her easy in those circumstances, so maybe it's just the Entity's way of balancing out the fact I don't find Nurse or Blight that hard.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1953082#Comment_1953082

    There is also husk positioning, sharp reactions, and managing power gauge. It’s certainly not the hardest in the world but I disagree with the fact that tracking is the only thing Spirits can learn.

    To be fair though, I will say that she is a top tier killer and should be harder but the Freddy-Spirit ratio of how much skill they require is the same as the Spirit-Nurse ratio imo, if that makes sense.

    If we’re considering husk placement a skill then we have to look at things like sleep cycle management for Freddy. Survivors aren’t just going to let Freddy hit them so knowing when they are going to fall asleep is imperative to chasing effectively

    Can’t forget using and faking your teleport correctly

  • Yeah I don't think I'm at a point where she is over powered necessarily but she does seem to lack much solid counterplay. Its also possible that I just did well with her and maybe I should pick her up haha. I previously tried her back when she was weak and just wasn't into her but now I'm kinda liking her.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952812#Comment_1952812

    Dude, most red ranks aren't that good anyway. Unless you play in EU.

    I play in EU too and 80 % of my matches consist of averages or potatoes. Just because a certain streamer said that "EU" is stressful doesn't mean it is certainly like that, some people just overreact if they lose once.

  • Yeah that's how she is.

  • Does that mean that if someone plays with her for the first time they will do a good job with her?

    I'm very curious to try her just to understand her gameplay.

  • She's pretty easy to learn (especially if you're using a good headset and Stridor).

  • I use a fair chunk of the roster, comparing my experience when playing her to the others, I tend to have a much easier time with her even though I play her once in a blue moon (so I'm not a spirit pro or anything).

    I'd say she's pretty easy to do well with. All you need is a good headset and some basic game knowledge. She's just too strong for her lack of difficulty imo.

  • Green ranks survivors are pushovers (4k 3 gen on my first time with pre rework clown) it's at purple rank they stop being pushovers.