I Can't Spin in the Dying State?

What has happened? The changes to survivor movements, some of them look silly but this is just egregious. I can't spin on the ground in the dying state.

I can't spin in the dying state.

I CAN'T SPIN IN THE DYING STATE!?!?!

Comments

  • Besides being a fun thing to do while slugged, being able to make quick movements on the ground was a good way to communicate with other survivors. Shaking back and forth to say "no" because the killer was camping has saved many lives. This is a nerf to solo survivors. The devs say they don't want to widen the gap between solo and SWF, but this dying state movement change actually widens that gap.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Besides being a fun thing to do while slugged, being able to make quick movements on the ground was a good way to communicate with other survivors. Shaking back and forth to say "no" because the killer was camping has saved many lives. This is a nerf to solo survivors. The devs say they don't want to widen the gap between solo and SWF, but this dying state movement change actually widens that gap.

    Yeah, I agree. Not to mention, you can't 360 anymore.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the new animations (except for idle), but damn did they practically screw everything up for the survivors in terms of movement.

    Hell, spinning has literally been the reason why I was given hatch before & now it's gone ;(

  • This makes me sad. Whenever a killer was nice and gave me the hatch I'd spin to say thank you. ๐Ÿ˜”

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Besides being a fun thing to do while slugged, being able to make quick movements on the ground was a good way to communicate with other survivors. Shaking back and forth to say "no" because the killer was camping has saved many lives. This is a nerf to solo survivors. The devs say they don't want to widen the gap between solo and SWF, but this dying state movement change actually widens that gap.

    You can still shake. Just not spin.

  • i seen some good movement already, you just have to adjust. Chill

  • You can, it just takes a bit of effort (and looks funnier)

  • I don't like the zombie walk when you're in the injured state, the POV while crouched or dying or getting hooked initially. And of course the lack of spinning during the dying state.

  • It's all good, because you can crawl backwards now to make up for it.

    image.png


  • You can but not in the same way as before. The spin is a much larger circle and you need to use four directional keys to do it.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Besides being a fun thing to do while slugged, being able to make quick movements on the ground was a good way to communicate with other survivors. Shaking back and forth to say "no" because the killer was camping has saved many lives. This is a nerf to solo survivors. The devs say they don't want to widen the gap between solo and SWF, but this dying state movement change actually widens that gap.

    You can still say "no" with current movements. No biggie.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1936943#Comment_1936943

    Yeah, I agree. Not to mention, you can't 360 anymore.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the new animations (except for idle), but damn did they practically screw everything up for the survivors in terms of movement.

    Hell, spinning has literally been the reason why I was given hatch before & now it's gone ;(

    You can still 360, takes a bit of practice is all!

  • Considering it was already hard to do on console in the first place, the new animations have made it almost impossible.