Hag's Trap Camera Hijack
I consistently have issues with the hag's traps hijacking my camera and making me lose my direction of travel, my orientation and my sense of surroundings, causing me to have to look around to figure out which way I was going and where the killer who is chasing me is, assuming it doesn't cause me to run into a wall or directly at the killer.
Sure, it's a great feature when I'm not actively being chased, because then you can watch and see if she teleports to it. In a chase, however, it will make the survivor's movement input useless for a couple of seconds during a chase because they are either suddenly running into a wall, towards the killer, somewhere random, or not at all. It often results in a free hit for the killer, especially if the hag is right behind you when it goes off in a random direction(compared to your movement and camera orientation) while you were trying to go to a pallet, a window or just juke the hit with movement.
I'd personally rather have camera control during a chase and not be forced to look and check to see if she teleports to it, as there's usually a small audio cue to her teleport anyway.
Comments
Is it? I missed that indication
guess what, killer powers are actually meant to hinder you! I know it doesn't seem this way because of the deluge of garbage powers the devs add but they are meant to.
If you took this away it would make Hag traps useless in chases, this is what they do. Killer mechanics are supposed to benefit the killer.
Working as intended.
Luckily not all killers are meant to be trash-tier and there are actually a few you can use
#########, u call the hag trash? She's actually good.
Read again, she is one of the few killers that are not meant to be trash tier
Still, she gets rekt by genrush sadly
She doesn't, when i play as the hag survivors rarely manage to complete all 5 gens. Just let them do 3 gens from a especific place and trap the other side.
Isn't it sad that some killers are "meant" to be trash tier? Can we simply accept the devs saying that "not all killers are meant to be competitive"? Are there any survivors not meant to be competitive?
You'd love rusty shackles...it doesn't disorient you
Well there is nothing you can do beside not buying DLCs anymore. Sadly killers are only 20% of the community and as long as survivors are gonna pay, they wont notice a whole in their wallet
I am sure that mentioning the game's weak points will help any competitors who plan on making similar games avoid making the same mistakes.
Agreed it is suppose to cause you to become disoriented and screw your camera up. I do however find this effect is over-tuned on console vs PC. I wouldn't mind if either the duration or camera lock was slightly lessened for console players. Either way it is working as intended.
I absolutely do agree that the camera hijack shouldn't happen. I think it must of be done for the jump scares which to be fair was cool when Hag first came out but now really it becomes tedious the more you walk over it. Maybe if it was a separate addon called hypnotize or something I'd be alright with that and it drawing the camera in.