Is a survivor healing in front of a killer during chase considered BMing?
This is something I've encountered sometimes playing killer and I'm never sure what the intentions are. I don't do this while playing survivor so I can't give my own experience from the opposite side. Personally I find it funny when it's done to me but it does strike me as at least trying to come across as BMing. What is it to you lot, in your experience?
Comments
everything is a BM in dbd.
Optimal play is considered as toxic and bm always.
if you do a gen infront of the killer but he decides to chase the survivor he is chasing already for 2 minutes instead of pressuring you of the gen then its his incompetence. the only bm here is that killer is not pressuring you off the gen to get a more interesting match.
chasing a survivor for 5 minutes and facecamping him is more important yknow?
so dont bother even thinking about "BM" in dbd. at some point everything is toxic for the killer.
I would put it in the BM category but it might also be strategic to finish a heal or if you got an entire build dedicated to get an extremely fast heal off.
No that's a tactical option. And an efficient one at that.
During chase survivor should always be looking at killer as much as they can. Also in chase there are points on tiles where you have to wait to see what the killer is doing, so you can react and mindgame them or otherwise get the better of them and extend the chase further or even juke the killer.
At those junctions instead of just twiddling your thumbs you can selfcare or use a medkit so you aren't waisting your time. It's not done to BM it's done for the sake of efficiency. If you wanted to BM you have better options, like teabagging.
If the chase lasts long enough (not likely unless the killer is an absolute newb) you might beable to heal yourself entirely doing this. More likely you win the chase and killer gives up or you juke the killer, and now you can heal up to full while saving some precious seconds.
Things like pointing at the killer, telling the killer to come here, tbagging, and flashlight clicking are BM. I don't think healing in front of the killer in a chase is BM.
No, not really. If all they’re doing is trying to survive, then I personally don’t consider it BM.
Teabagging, pointing, flashlight clicking, etc is what can get Survivors killed. It literally does nothing but slow them down, annoy the Killer, and waste their item.
Its called a free hit.
Exactly. Anything that increases your odds of landing a hit is a good thing.
Nope.
If I can heal and I'm in a pallet standoff you better believe I will. Same if I fake a vault and the killer goes round.
In reality the only in game bm I consider real are wasting my time by scratching your anus at the exit gate. Slugging everyone and waiting for bleedout. ACTUALLY holding the game hostage. Sandbagging someone in a corner. Ratting out your teammates.
Fun fact I've had survivors join me in staring at a rat suicide on hook. It was quite wholesome.
Those make sense, and I have seen that a little bit, but mostly when survivors are healing in front of me it's after a pallet stun, and instead of gaining distance they will heal on the other side of the pallet and only run after I am in animation to kick it
It's not a bother to me; many times I find it funny, but I was just wondering out of curiosity.
Only reason I ever heal in the middle of a chase is if I wanna make use of my Resilience or use my Dead Hard.
No that's one of the the optimal places to wait during chase. After dropping a palette, unless it's an unsafe palette you should always wait to check what the killer is going to do. If you aren't breaking the palette Survivor has to wait to see where you go, whether left or right and react accordingly. If you are kicking the palette then that tells them what to do as well. If you are gonna try to mindgame them (like as Spirit) that's another thing as well. After stun is one of those points where you wait to see what the killer does.
The rule of thumb is that if it helps you win the game it's not BM, if you are handicapping yourself in order to tilt the killer it would be BM, even though it could be justified if you notice that the killer gets tilted and does mistakes because of that and helps you win the game. Anyways, i like when they actually BM, it gives me an edge and many satisfying karmic moments.
Personally, no. If they can somehow pull it properly off it's a very skillful act. Messing up timing on that can get you killed and you'll very often need green medkit to have a chance at it. It's all good with me.