Game starting with less survivors, am I entitled to DC?
So am I?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I started a game with one survivor yesterday, 30 seconds later I found him in a locker. He dc'd, fastest game ever.
So just to get this straight. You want to DC because killers can DC?
Killers usually don´t dc at the start or middle of the game. At least not the ones i faced.
But almost every match i have a survivor who disconnects because (but not limited to): they don´t like the killer, they don´t like the map, they don´t like being downed first, they don´t like to fail their DS, they don´t like to get downed after DS, they don´t like to be downed a second time, they don´t like to play against ruin, they don´t like it when the killer uses franklins, they don´t like to be hooked for the third time, they don´t like to be moried, and i´m sure i forgot some other ridiculous reasons.
So If I am a bad player for dcing when game is being unfair killers are too with lobby dodging and dcing. Stop with the double standards people.
So... you compare the inconvenience of clicking "join match" with ruining the game for every other player, because you dc?
Like... really?
If I'm playing killer I always just instaquit with under 4 survivors.
As a Killer in these situations I will start to play the game as I normally would, but I pay more attention to who I’ve hooked and make every attempt to only hook each survivor once. Then I will let the survivors know it’s time to just grab some easy points and move on to the next game by taking a downed survivor to a gen or once I hook the last survivor for the first time I will move a good distance away from the hook but still keeping it in site and just stand there nodding my head and allow the save while never moving toward them.
I hate playing a game without all four survivors just like everyone else does.
From the moment you are born to the moment you die, in every conceivable aspect of life YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. Hopefully this has cleared things up.
Cheers!
I really hope people like you get banned from this game for ruining the experience for everyone else.
it kinda says a lot about your character irl
I would be pissed, when you dc on my game. Doesn´t matter if i´m killer or survivor. You ruin the game for everyone else. This is NOT the same as getting lobby dodged.
@Eveline The way I see it is like this, do your best for a solid 5 -10 minutes (average match lengths for a rank 11 peasant like myself). If after this time the game is still going and nothing has happened, don't DC but hook suicide. Granted this dooms whomever you're leaving behind but that 's not your concern. You joined the game for a relatively short match. Heck, you might have stuff in real life that you actually need to do so just summon the killer and suicide on the hook.
1 is the killer, the rest of the players are survivors. You hurt the other survivors way more than the killer. Is this so hard to understand?
@TheLie
I agree with your name.
Who did say that? Quote please
Eh, just seems like tough luck to me. Besides I usually keep a stockpile of items on my main so that when I lose something I can just walk away chill out and remember that I have at least 2+ more copies of that item.
Not to mention that there are also a good number of killers that will spare you when nonsense like this happens. Heck, several weeks ago I was in a game with one of the infamous Infantry Belt + Iridescent Head Huntresses. She spared us all because there were only three of the four survivors. For the most part, even when I'm killer I'll go easy on the survivors and try to avoid actually killing anyone.
Yeah, dodging 4 SWF before the match starts, so no one wastes offerings etc is the same as DCing during the match and leaving your teammates to lose, because you are an antitled kid. HILARIOUS.
If they do not have enough generators done, I will go to one and let them struggle off and do it. Once they have enough done, I will bring them to the hatch.
Unless you live in the west?
I was born in Russia and that may be true there but in Canada we are entitled to many things from the Constitution...
I never DC, I mean after all it's a situation the killer didn't ask for either. Sometimes I end up in a game where it's only me and somebody else who spawned and we have to fix 3 generators where the killer still tryhards and gets us down. I personally find that a uncool move from the killer, like sure kill us, but it would be nice if they could atleast give us enough points to not depip atleast? Can't really say anything either way because they're supposed to kill and give as less points as possible to survivors. But, in many matches where the majority DC's, the killer farms points with me and the other survivor and lets us escape. Very nice of the killers who are willing to do this.
While I don't always play the killer, the gratitude is a nice change compared to the salt.
*crickets*
baffling
dcing isnt ok on either side
If you dont wanna play the game, walk up to the killer and let him kill you.
DCing is never a solution unless you are being hold hostage
Ok, you went from: "is it ok to dc, if another survivor disconnects."
To: "it´s the same as lobby dodging"
To: "it´s only ok if it benefits the killer"
To: "so killers are allowed to dc mid match"
Want to move the goal post any further?
They do great contributions towards stimulating positivity in this community. I am like that too when I'm a killer, because when I am in a situation like that as survivor, I do get to escape too. They shouldn't be punished for the disconnected survivors.
No I didn't. You just cherry picked lobby dodging which I mentioned as a bad behaviour and compared it yourself ignoring everything else. Typical.
Sounds like you didnt really mean to ask a question, but more to make a statement of your flawed opinion.
try not to get yourself banned for dcing. you are welcome for us answering your question.
Ok i will put this in simple terms.
No it is not okay when survivors dc just because another survivor did it. You screw over your team just as much as that other person did. That goes for Dcing when your downed, because you want to save an item or because you are loosing in general. If i get dc'd on to the point where the game is unplayable, i will go stand under a hook and spin, Why should the killer be screwed over either? And as mentioned before a good percentage of the killers will take pity on you, especially if you don't make them hunt you down for twenty minutes.
(And i appreciate these killers a LOT)
Dcing is NOT the same as lobby dodging, nobody looses bloodpoints, items or offerings. They are two very different things.
And finally no,it is not okay when a killer DC's, and in fact if you looked at another thread in this forum asking 'Which map do you dc on?' you will note a LOT of killers who don't like to dc. Yes it happens, but that doesn't make everyone happy about it and it doesn't mean 'killers are allowed to dc'
So no, you are not 'entitled' to dc. You can either make a good choice or a bad one. Entitlement does not come into it
Make of this post what you will, i play both sides and have no hate for either, but this is as honest about your question as i can be.
I sure won't since I never dced unlike killers who are so bad they have to pick their fights and still lose them, then dc when gens are done. Enjoy.
Where did anybody say the killer DCing during the match was okay here?