People are overreacting about the new DS...

If you are getting chased after being unhooked you can still jump in a locker without it deactivating so you can still waste the killers time..

Comments

  • just like people overreact when killers perks or killer gets nerfed

  • @ShadowRain said:

    If you are getting chased after being unhooked you can still jump in a locker without it deactivating so you can still waste the killers time..

    Yea but thats called tunneling, which is what the perk is made for, now its way better, for 60 seconds you can not progress the game unless you want to lose your precious DS. Now killers who actually don’t tunnel don’t need to worry about DS as nearly as much

  • I don't really care I don't even use DS.

    I'm just gonna sit back and watch everyone go nuclear.

    image.png


  • @ShadowRain said:

    If you are getting chased after being unhooked you can still jump in a locker without it deactivating so you can still waste the killers time..

    well, as long you sit in a locker like a coward you wasted your time too. So.....

  • I’m just curious if inner strength will deactivate DS since lockers won’t but healing will... wondering how that scenario will play out.

  • AS you can see on the Perk: HEALING that means every scenrio of healing. If you get healed ds is deactivated and it doesnt matter if you sit in a locker, thats why i was saying DS is now fair for both sides and perfect balanced

  • @ShadowRain said:

    If you are getting chased after being unhooked you can still jump in a locker without it deactivating so you can still waste the killers time..

    There is a difference, they can still jump in a locker and activate DS, but the difference is DS will now deactivate when they do anything else to progress the game, such as work on gens.

    Now they will have to spend 59 seconds doing pretty much nothing, in which case, I'd be quite happy for them to give me a 5 second stun, because they traded 59 seconds for it. Previously, they could have spent those 59 seconds working on gens, doing totems, healing other survivors, and then still get value out of the perk.

  • @Starr43 said:

    I’m just curious if inner strength will deactivate DS since lockers won’t but healing will... wondering how that scenario will play out.

    The action of healing disables it. not healing itself per se

    You could probably heal with second wind while keeping DS

  • @Starr43 said:

    I’m just curious if inner strength will deactivate DS since lockers won’t but healing will... wondering how that scenario will play out.

    Based on how the perk is currently worded, being healed to healthy shouldn't deactivate the perk. It's only when you engaging in the healing action yourself.

    Meaning Second Wind and Inner Strength should both heal you without removing DS. Not that there's a huge advantage to doing so as you can't do anything else.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917017#Comment_1917017

    The action of healing disables it. not healing itself per se

    You could probably heal with second wind while keeping DS

    Quality answer. I was hoping to bump heads with someone like you. Thumbs up.

  • My only issue is if it deactivates if you start to heal. If it deactivates when you've fully healed I'd say it's perfect.

  • But why would the killer want to chase someone that can't do anything for one minute? If you chase someone with DS you're already wasting your time.

    Besides there's a little trick that works most of the times: pretend to go away and as soon as you hear the locker door open you come back with a lunge, and then you leave them on the ground forcing them to use Unbreakable or to get rescued (again). It's always fun to crash their plan this way.

  • Can someone please tell me what the DS change is because I can't find anything. Only seeing people talk about it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    My only issue is if it deactivates if you start to heal. If it deactivates when you've fully healed I'd say it's perfect.

    Let me get this straight.

    You want DS deactivated too after being unhooked with adrenaline?

    Yikes, some changes are just never enough.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917106#Comment_1917106

    Let me get this straight.

    You want DS deactivated too after being unhooked with adrenaline?

    Yikes, some changes are just never enough.

    Let me get this straight. I want to ensure you can actually heal after an unhook. With the reasonable idea that once healed you're fair game. And your take away is to complain that you couldn't stack a heal, and 5 second sprint burst with DS? Really?

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    I don't really care I don't even use DS.

    I'm just gonna sit back and watch everyone go nuclear.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ETC2S22QCTUI/image.png

    Pass the popcorn please

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917171#Comment_1917171

    Let me get this straight. I want to ensure you can actually heal after an unhook. With the reasonable idea that once healed you're fair game. And your take away is to complain that you couldn't stack a heal, and 5 second sprint burst with DS? Really?

    With this change deactivating DS relies on the Survivor PERFORMING ACTIONS, as you can see in the description.

    Let that sink in.