The bloodweb is infuriating

Get monstrous shrine 7 times in a row, forcing me to take it.

Skip detective's hunch thinking I can get BT 3 for now and it'll just show up in the next bloodweb like perks usually do. Detective's hunch gone.

FML

Comments

  • Have you tried Preying to RNJesus?

  • Yeah I'd prefer a blood point store over the current bloodweb at least for perks the items and offerings can still be random in the bloodweb. But with how many perks there are it's really a bloodpoint/time sink. If someone were to have the full experience.

  • Yup I got Deception 1 thinking I'd see it in the next web. Nope. Its been over 10 webs and yet to see rank 2. Awful system indeed.

  • Spent over 300,000bp on Plague just to get bamboozle and haven't seen tier 2 until I spent 150,000bp. One of the few killers who's trash a gaining bp and alot of the perks do nothing for her. After every chapter they never even consider how grindy it is.

  • You conquer the bloodweb by the time you hit around 1000 hours. By then it's just clicking stuff you stop caring about it.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    You conquer the bloodweb by the time you hit around 1000 hours. By then it's just clicking stuff you stop caring about it.

    funny thing is I generally have around 250-350 hours in a souls game byt he time I'm done with it and thought that was being pretty into something. by the time you hit over 1k in dbd you wanna ######### on the hook. pun intended, don't take the joke too seriously of course.

    Edit: it seems the peoples' chat filter has no sense of humor

    Edit 2: It seems after the first edit it's not filtering it any more, they even have a buggy chat filter lmfao

  • How about we just remove perk tiers?

    I feel like just doing that would make the bloodweb way less of a headache.

  • yeah...pretty hard to get what you want fast.

    there's no way around it, gotte level the character until you get everything

  • Such a stupid pointless grind. No reason to have perk tiers in 2021 with as many perks as we have.

  • I believe it has gotten harder to get new perks ever since I don't know seems like about 6 months ago blood weapon seems to almost always upgrade the recent perk you bought meaning if you get a yellow overcharge the next level will be a green overcharge but then who knows when you'll get the purple for instance my level 20 clown only has like 8 or 9 perks but they're all green.

  • bbq and chili was the last perk I got on Michael life is pain

  • Always grab the perk. It will keep coming up because its in queue to.

  • Level 50 with Bubba and STILL haven't seen BBQ tier 3. Explain that one! haha

  • Level 50 is just the beginning.

    You need around 4million BP or so (rough estimate) to max out everything after hitting level 50 if you have most of the perks in the game.

  • Never skip perks. That's a silly thing to do (unless you want to keep it at level one for whatever reason eg. Distressing, etc.)

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    Never skip perks. That's a silly thing to do (unless you want to keep it at level one for whatever reason eg. Distressing, etc.)

    That's perhaps the most annoying part. I would love to keep whispers at t2 for doc but if t3 shows up it will just keep showing up until I get it. I don't like how I don't have the choice, unless I just want to miss 10+ levels of perks until I start seeing multiple perks and even then, it reduces my options every web by 1. Yet then I pick one perk over another thinking the 2nd will just show up next time like usual, and the one time it DOESN'T force the perk on me it's one that I wanted. Lol.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    How about we just remove perk tiers?

    I feel like just doing that would make the bloodweb way less of a headache.

    That would make it too easy, and what would you do with people like me that have p3 and all perks on 15 survivors, that ######### took a lot of work. Lol

  • @ProfGameAndTalk said:

    Level 50 with Bubba and STILL haven't seen BBQ tier 3. Explain that one! haha

    Um bro I just prestiged my whole roster about roughly three weeks ago whenever the blood hunt was and there was about seven or eight characters that didn't even get barbecue and Legion and Hag got tier 1 on lvl 50. There are no guarantees.

  • My Huntress, Freddy, Bubba, and Pig had green BBQ by level 15 on P3 though don't know if it had anything to do with P3 or if it was just pure luck

  • @DeceptivePastry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1916799#Comment_1916799

    That's perhaps the most annoying part. I would love to keep whispers at t2 for doc but if t3 shows up it will just keep showing up until I get it. I don't like how I don't have the choice, unless I just want to miss 10+ levels of perks until I start seeing multiple perks and even then, it reduces my options every web by 1. Yet then I pick one perk over another thinking the 2nd will just show up next time like usual, and the one time it DOESN'T force the perk on me it's one that I wanted. Lol.

    you want this:

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    (for bloodweb and perk leveling, skip past the spoiler/italics)

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    First and foremost, I think a White Ward should prevent add-ons from being lost upon an escape if the devs do go through with this change. I personally dislike it given that I have very few clean rags or rubber grips despite having upwards of one hundred of brown bloodpoint offerings each. Keeping these add-ons after a successful escape is the only way they can compete with the amount of bloodpoint offerings without burning through tens of bloodwebs worth 50,000 points each.

    About killers keeping add-ons: I think considering adding the rule that killers lose their add-ons only if a survivor escapes would be an intriguing idea even if only for the sake of lore (eg. the Entity rewards killers for doing well). However, before considering this, the issue of bloodpoint gain, the cheapness of bloodwebs, and perk acquisition needs to be addressed.

    Perks and Bloodweb leveling

    As it stands now, perks can only be obtained through the bloodweb, and the sheer number of perks in the game requires an inordinate amount of bloodpoints to be spent and bloodwebs to be run through in order to acquire most (if not all). The developers decided to make the bloodweb cheaper to combat (among other things such as 8k common bloodpoint offerings) the grind to acquire all the perks. In doing so, the developers allowed players to breeze through bloodwebs and accumulate hundreds of add-ons and offerings that can't be used in enough games before the player reaches the bloodpoint cap and has to start leveling again or waste the points.

    The BEST solution (not the easiest) is to add another menu in the bloodweb tab that is designed solely for upgrading perks and then increase the prices of items on the bloodweb. I have incomplete drawings I may edit in later, but for now, imagine it as similar to the UI structure of the loadout tab (add-on choosing, offering choosing, etc.). There is a bloodweb section and then a perk section that can be switched between with ease.

    How it functions:

    • The bloodweb no longer spawns perks higher than the first tier and teachable perks, so once a player has purchased a perk in the bloodweb, he/she will have to travel to the perk upgrade menu.
    • In the perk upgrade menu, players will be able to see the perks they have purchased off the bloodweb. All perks (other than the first tier of teachable perks) not purchased from the bloodweb will not appear. If a player clicks on a perk, a prompt will show up asking the player if he or she would like to upgrade the perk a tier (or downgrade, but I'm still not sure about having this option) and will show a price twice that of the next level's rarity (eg. upgrading from common to uncommon will be 8,000 and upgrading from Very Rare to Ultra Rare will be 14,000).
    • Purchasing a perk on the bloodweb does not immediately consume another perk node. Instead, The Entity will first consume the highest rarity node in the furthest ring.

    I think this solution is best because it removes the problem part of the grind from the bloodweb, the sole way for killers to get items and add-ons and the only way for anyone to get offerings. It gives the developers more flexibility in the future to play with prices and the numbers of rarities of nodes on any given bloodweb. Even perhaps more crucially, it allows players more agency in deciding which perks to be able to upgrade, avoiding (for the most part) unwanted perks and giving players more of an option to plan out builds and strategies without relying on chance to such a degree.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YQKFIWTIZGMM/perk-leveling-282-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LLMYBPPJFFWX/perk-leveling-286-29.png

    (ik the amount is inconsistent with what the above post states. Follow the post and treat the pictures as rough drafts.)

    (P.S. This also brings back Ultra Rare and Common perks)


  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915986#Comment_1915986

    That would make it too easy, and what would you do with people like me that have p3 and all perks on 15 survivors, that ######### took a lot of work. Lol

    Too easy? There's like 70 perks for both sides, and that only is gonna increase. As it is, that's only possibly going to be enough to get all perks by the time you get Level 50.

    And by the way, that lot of work probably wasn't a lot of work. You played the game normally. You did nothing different to normally playing.

    Plus it still benefits you for when you want to max out new characters.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917221#Comment_1917221

    Too easy? There's like 70 perks for both sides, and that only is gonna increase. As it is, that's only possibly going to be enough to get all perks by the time you get Level 50.

    And by the way, that lot of work probably wasn't a lot of work. You played the game normally. You did nothing different to normally playing.

    Plus it still benefits you for when you want to max out new characters.

    It was a large time investment. They just need to increase blood point accumulation. If you think all of a sudden perks are going to be one tier dream on.

  • There should be an "I don't want this perk" option.

    I don't want tier two insidious on the Wraith. Let me have something else. Can I take Sloppy Butcher instead? No?

    Tier two insidious it is, then.