Camping/Tunneling: Actual VS Whiny Definitions
Lots of people like to use Tunneling/Camping as an excuse to bash someone playing killer who has killed them. Most of the time, it's not justified. They're just whining. However, in VERY few cases, Tunneling/Camping does exist. It's important to know the difference.
Whiny:
-Tunneling: The killer chased and hit me at any given time.
-Camping: The killer didn't go afk on the opposite side of the map after hooking me.
Actual:
-Tunneling: When a killer specifically walks around and avoids another survivor just to re-down the recently unhooked person.
-Camping: When the hooked survivor is still killer's base terror radius while the killer is not tracking or chasing another survivor.
Should be fun to read the salt on this later...
Comments
Regardless of your definition, both are still sanctioned strategies. Definitions don't really matter when the complaints themselves are based upon a faulty premise - that the Killer isn't/shouldn't be allowed to do those things.
Dying light + remember me. I think that is an acceptable time to tunnel.
I'm trying to figure out why it even matters....
Both can cost you the game if you do it at the wrong time, but both can win you the game if you do it at the right time.
Either way, a tool to be used or not used - nothing to see here.
I legit forgot to mention that. If you have a perk that requires it, then that is most certainly acceptable.
Thank you.
There is nothing to discuss when both play style are legit strategies. A survivor has no saying on this.
So you cant camp with insidious?
Tunneling is a made up term, just like tunneling gens is made up
heres my opinion on a couple points . if you unhook in front of me im going for the guy just unhooked to give you a unsafe penalty thus a deterant to keep doing it , if im running bbq and I hook someone and of 3 survivors I can see aura of one I know the other 2 are close so im looking for them .
A lot of survivors say he camped or he tunneled me without telling anyone the whole story . like ohh most my team was hiding close by is why he camped me , or he tunneled because they unhooked in his face …
Like before mentioned though there has already been a statement saying they are not against the rules and no reportable , so don't give the killer a reason and a lot of them wont do it . I leave the hooks once ive hooked someone unless bbq is telling me not to , I may go to a gen or pallet to break them first but I do leave . I also tend to go for a fresh hook when running bbq unless like I said they do it in front of me and I got for the unsafe .
@Zixology Didn't you know? You are supposed to move away from the hook while you got 3 other swf swarming it. And patrolling the last 3 gens is camping.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/22209/this-game-sales-would-be-better-if-they-addressed-camping#latest