How often you get toxic messages in post game chat?
I often see the statement that dbd comunity is toxic. And it's often based on in-game bm actions such as t-bag and clicking from survivors, facecamping and intended tunneling from killers. Personally I don't consider it toxic. As survivor I don't do it because I understand most of killers can be offended by that actions. As killer I trying to treat everyone equally. Flashlight, t-bags and even keys doesn't make me mad and I don't really change my gameplay. Well maybe I can slug key user if hatch spawned. But most of my games I don't do anything that someone may consider toxic.
I personnaly think that only toxic thing you can do in-game is intended sandbagging, which is rare since Ochido was banned. All the rest of player's in-game actions is not toxic in my opinion. True toxicity only happen in post game chat and by sending messages directly or into profile commentary.
Sometimes survivors call me camper or tunneler. They can leave -rep in my steam profile. I don't mind it, it's fine. I play a lot and I very rarely get toxic messages in post game chat. Maybe once in 25-30 games. It's not often in my opinion. Most of time people just send nothing, or just respond gg to my gg. Last year I have seen "ez" maybe twice. Also I often play vs Russians in my region. I noticed they often considered as most toxic people in general, for some reason. But actually they are no different from EU players in my expirience.
So I want to ask. How often you get toxic messages in your games? How often other players mocking you? Or do you respond to speech you don't like?
Comments
Here's a screenshot for your viewing pleasure. Choice comments:
"You suck. I looped you so hard" (okay, the game is designed to allow infinite loops, so..?)
"I only lost because my team didn't do gens" (suppose it had nothing to do with you leaving 3 next to each other)
"You are a gen camper" (this made me laugh)
--
A few days prior, I had a PC player take the time to message me on Xbox using a Microsoft account to tell me how much I sucked.
It may be the exception but it happens frequently enough.
Crossplay funny enough made less hate mail come my way...Still got some.
One guy was mad because he was trying to get adept Bill and I stoped em.
In my defense It was the cornfield and he was being a toxic lil #########.
They where down to the last gen so I more or less activated my zin butthurt mode and started playing dirty cause they did not get ruined down yet.
When they finally got ruined down I took Bill out cause he is the clown who had to do It.
The other four fell quickly because they where all being hyper virtous so, Thrilling Temours kept going off on gens they where working on.
They ended up dead and I got hate mail from the console players.
The Bill messaged me about how much better he is and how I was a noob killer how he was rank 6 and I was rank 14 or 13.
And yet..He lost because, I would not chase em all over the ######### map like he wanted.
However,I do know him and the other console player where in a group.
I really don't mind and ignore the toxic messages after game but i'm surprised many people here seem to be getting very few of those. I get some hate at least 1 per 3 games ratio.
I get the whole lot. BM messages on my profile are funny as ######### tho.
Never seen a post game chat so never.
I have had multiple SWF babys tell me to kill myself cause they lost. Survivors really are vile and disgusting human beings when they dont get their way
As killer? it's about a 70% chance I will. Usually more extensive toxicity in SWF groups that try to make you feel bad because their Fool-proof plan failed miserably on them.
If they look into my Steam profile that's when things get homophobic and slurs get tossed around. I let them continue talking so I can screencap and report them.
This is implying you don't get toxicity unless you play "scummy", which is just really really wrong, even playing as Huntress (who I don't consider OP at all) with absolutely 0 tunneling and camping and getting a 0 or 1k I'll still get the occasional comments (e.g. gg ez, baby killer etc. to rub salt in the wound of a defeat)
I would say I get salty comments maybe 20% of my games, max. I was actually considering starting to keep a log of how often it occurs, out of interest. Since we tend to remember negative events more, I have a feeling I overestimate the amount of salt/toxicity I see. At higher ranks now I think I've been seeing more ggs, although only when I lose.
That's my bad, I should have clarified. You can absolutely get toxic comments if you play normally, but it is just much rarer.
Around 8 of 10 games.
But that's because i mostly play Killer, and when you win (4k), it happens.
Playing on console is a reliever of all post game chat as we don't have that feature
Just got one for not letting survivors live after bringing a key and a red map.
But don't get me wrong, there are nice players out there.
Pretty frequently. I had an exceptional David that ran me for like four gens and told me he walked me like a dog and asked if I wanted a treat. Which was funny. Then he told me to uninstall the game, which was rather rude.
Of course if I did uninstall, who would he torment? Survivors like that are gonna be the death of this game.