Penalty system for survivors that kill themselves on hook

like ffs, i swear to god every other game im in has AT LEAST one guy kill himself on the hook, first hook, despite the fact that people are coming. This game NEEDS something to punish this behavior apart from a report system that dosent work.

Comments

  • @BioX said:

    look I get it, but think about it, what will happen if a survivor cant let themselve die on the hook?

    they will get unhooked and just stand there, they will go afk, get a cup of tea or something, wont fix the game either.

    its more important to fix as best you can why people decide to dip out

    you can not fix what you are suggesting they fix. you are saying without saying the following "I want them to fix the people who tunnel and slug and camp" this can not be fixed because it is a play style choice that you do not like but your choice of what you like or do not like for the killer is irrelevant because these things you do not like is allowed by the game rules. IF you use the in match functionality of to leave the match that's fine. I personally think they should give a way for the killers to give up the match and stop wasting everyone's time, like call of duty has a hold <x> to give up when you are on the ground

  • The only issue I have is I've killed myself on hook intentionally if its me and one other person and they found hatch so they can escape. I wouldn't want to get penalized for that.

  • @landromat said:

    just rework hooks to be similar to PH cages so people can't suicide

    Ah yes the really fun and well thought out mechanic introduced with PH that so many love. We need more of that.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1885149#Comment_1885149

    Ah yes the really fun and well thought out mechanic introduced with PH that so many love. We need more of that.

    show me one person who complains about not being able to suicide on the hook

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1889303#Comment_1889303

    show me one person who complains about not being able to suicide on the hook

    Most people who play against 3 gen hag, doc, forever freddy, slugging nurses with ruin undying tinkerer. Need I go on?

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1889325#Comment_1889325

    Most people who play against 3 gen hag, doc, forever freddy, slugging nurses with ruin undying tinkerer. Need I go on?

    So people need a way to kill themselves because game balance is trash? Seems like game needs to be properly balanced as well. People suiciding on first hook are still little pussies who ruin game for teammates and this shouldn't be in the game

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892787#Comment_1892787

    So people need a way to kill themselves because game balance is trash? Seems like game needs to be properly balanced as well. People suiciding on first hook are still little pussies who ruin game for teammates and this shouldn't be in the game

    This isn't about balance, it's about fun. People do not want to play those games, nor do people want to play games where they're forced to do everything with a team who likes to hide and go down fast.

  • Player agency is an important feature of dead by daylight. The DC penalty is bad enough.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892794#Comment_1892794

    This isn't about balance, it's about fun. People do not want to play those games, nor do people want to play games where they're forced to do everything with a team who likes to hide and go down fast.

    One person not having fun doesn't mean he's allowed to ruin game for his teammates

  • @Awrhy said:

    like ffs, i swear to god every other game im in has AT LEAST one guy kill himself on the hook, first hook, despite the fact that people are coming. This game NEEDS something to punish this behavior apart from a report system that dosent work.

    It already has one. Its called getting very few blood points and depipping. This suggestion is literally implying forcing players to stay in a game they don't want to be in. We already can't just leave the match anymore without being locked out of match making for a duration. You want us also to be forced to stay in a match regardless of the circumstance just so you can have a longer match? Give me a break.

  • i agree but at the same time DONT because one of my friends has broken spacebar and some times he stops struggling 2 meters before i get him even tho i hear him hitting space bar ๐Ÿ™„

  • @LilSnek said:

    i agree but at the same time DONT because one of my friends has broken spacebar and some times he stops struggling 2 meters before i get him even tho i hear him hitting space bar ๐Ÿ™„

    Its an annoying and unfun mechanic. I haven't liked it at all since I started playing the game. It honestly should be passive and a prompt should come up saying "press spacebar to give up" instead of having to press it or whatever keybind you have to it over and over.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894327#Comment_1894327

    Its an annoying and unfun mechanic. I haven't liked it at all since I started playing the game. It honestly should be passive and a prompt should come up saying "press spacebar to give up" instead of having to press it or whatever keybind you have to it over and over.

    A prompt to give up would be ideal. I understand they want to just give up on first hook but they should have a notification to their team and make them stick through a portion of the struggle process possibly. That could be an issue I know I sacrifice on the hook when my teammate finds the hatch and I feel generous.

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1885217#Comment_1885217

    Yep

    If you start amatch then be ready to play it instead of running away and leaving, pretty sure you are the type of player who disconects, so I would mark you as a bad player in my book. And since I paid for my game by your logic I shouldn't be subject to bad players who disconnect since players who do ruin 3 other players experience, you can also whine about it when you pay for my time, that you ruined when you disconected, and running from a match just because you don't like how other people play is not a ''legitimate death'' if you run away from your the slightest of challenges is cowardice...

    I've not had a single disconnect penalty that hasn't been caused by a server disconnect or game crash; but you seem like the type of player to not be a useful team mate, and make solo survivors not want to be in that match.

  • I am a stadia player and regularly die because of bad connections. So please no penalties because of a bad mechanic.

  • My friend keeps dying by accident on the hook because his controller button is knackered. If penalties was in this game he'd be on a 24 hour ban already.

    It isn't a ban needed for dying on hook. It's the 2nd part struggle phase that needs taking out of the game and instead being like the 1st phase where you don't need to do anything.

1 2 โ€บ