Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Good survivors can be on the run for ages. Ages x 2 = lots of ages.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
There's counters to DS. Ruin and DS are on par with each other. I'd even wager to say Ruin is slightly better in terms of time consumption compared to DS.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
God I can't stand the people who take apart haunting ground when there was no Ruin and they knew it. It's like realllly? I could see if it was late game and we knew DH was on the map with it which then there's no harm in taking them out since you're already exposed more than likely from DH.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
There's counters to DS. Ruin and DS are on par with each other. I'd even wager to say Ruin is slightly better in terms of time consumption compared to DS.
You can only counter ds when you are 10 meters away from the hook.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
God I can't stand the people who take apart haunting ground when there was no Ruin and they knew it. It's like realllly? I could see if it was late game and we knew DH was on the map with it which then there's no harm in taking them out since you're already exposed more than likely from DH.
It happened to me today, so I sandbaged the survivor in a corner next to a totem until killer got there. I didn't even care about the game after he destroyed it facepalm
God I can't stand the people who take apart haunting ground when there was no Ruin and they knew it. It's like realllly? I could see if it was late game and we knew DH was on the map with it which then there's no harm in taking them out since you're already exposed more than likely from DH.
I can understand it since Ruin could be lower tier and they have it's effect or as is sometimes the case it doesn't hit right away. I've had games where the killer has tier III Ruin yet I don't get a notification or effect until 50% or I get a skillcheck.
There's even been times I've never gotten hit by it since I never get a skill check till i finished that gen and went to next one. While other times it's skill check immediately oh hey there's Ruin and then skill check spam till gens done or killer gets too close to gets me.
The thing is the totem is out now and really screws someone in a chase so realistically you shouldn't touch a totem unless you know. Any of the good players are pretty much indicating don't touch a totem unless you literally spawn on it or know ruin is in play.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
There's counters to DS. Ruin and DS are on par with each other. I'd even wager to say Ruin is slightly better in terms of time consumption compared to DS.
You can only counter ds when you are 10 meters away from the hook.
You can counter DS by also slugging them which is what most killers do. A survivor on the ground is one not on gens and one that's probably trying to go heal them as well.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
There's counters to DS. Ruin and DS are on par with each other. I'd even wager to say Ruin is slightly better in terms of time consumption compared to DS.
You can only counter ds when you are 10 meters away from the hook.
You can counter DS by also slugging them which is what most killers do. A survivor on the ground is one not on gens and one that's probably trying to go heal them as well.
How could it be a counter if you haven't picked up a survivor, who you'll eventually have to hook anyway and not doing your objective? You are hurting yourself even more by doing that. The only counters to ds are driblling or mori. Since there's nothing you can do while you have him on your shoulder.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
The only reason I would get Decisive Strike is for the sense of collecting all of the perks, even though I won't ever use it. I got my Adept Laurie achievement, so I (hopefully) never need to use it again.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Guessing you’ve never seen the high ranks where a Survivor can easily waste up to a minute or more Looping. That’s 3/4 of a Gen. times that by three with three others on Gens. Now give that Survivor DS and another 30 seconds at the least. Easy 3-4 Gen chase. You’re not always going to down them close to a hook, even within Dribbling distance. Also, there is no “stopping it”. Dribbling just delays it for next time. Enduring just mitigates it slightly, though still plenty of time to make it to a Pallet or window and start Looping again.
Only two ways DS is “stopped” : The Survivor misses the Skill Check, which isn’t on the Killer to actually “stop it”. That’s relying on the Survivor screwing up. Dribble or down them right under a hook and camp them till they die.
First one, wouldn’t call it a counter if you have no control over if they miss it or not. Second one, Survivors just Gen Rush you while you waste your time camping. Still a loss unless the Survivors are morons and try to save him.
Basically the only way DS gets “stopped” and has no effect is if the Survivor running it, or the rest of the Survivor team sucks and are total morons.
Doesn’t really matter. DS has been on the shrine, what, 5 times already before? Every scrub Survivor that wants to run it already has it. That’s the most common build I see. DS/Adrenaline/SC/SB (maybe Dead Hard).
What makes them scrubs for running it? I've not been around too long but every killer post moans about it yet it seems to be stopped quite easy? Just down them close to a hook, pick them up and drop them a few seconds later, rinse repeat. Or am I missing something?
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
You’re seriously going to compare DS and Ruin? Ruin only has an effect if the Survivors suck at Skill check AND can’t find the totem. It’s all on the Survivors sucking. DS has no input on the Killers side. It’s still on the Survivor to miss he Skill Check or go down close enough to a hook to be dribbled or instantly hooked. I’ve had more than my fair share of Survivors run right n do to a Pallet or out in the middle of nowhere and just... stop and tea bag me cause they know they have DS and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
@SovererignKing I suck at looping, rank 1 and i don't run DS and even if I didn't suck at looping I'd still not use it.
I’m great at Looping, though I hardly ever do it because I don’t need it. Just juke the Killer. Killers always are so surprised I didn’t just run to the next Pallet... I don’t need it simply because I’m strong enough to juke, easy, and if I go Looping, I’m already making myself too strong. DS would just make it so boringly easy the Killer night as well not even be on the map.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
DS is for bads.
The Shrine trolls Killer mains. Too funny.
The thread title should be survivors be prepared for a week of killer mains whining on the forums. 😜
Agitation is the hidden one.
Big deal. Most survivors already have access to Decisive Strike. This changes nothing.
Good survivors can be on the run for ages. Ages x 2 = lots of ages.
Should we talk about killer scrubs running ruin?
What about ruin? Hexes are broken in this game. There are counters to ruin. perks that counter it and it can be destroyed
That depends a lot on rng and map as well as killer since I'm a totem hunting fiend and there's times i never find Ruin (usually don't bother with it unless I see ppl tapping), DH and NOEd have escaped me sometimes as well.
There's been games even the killer never knew where it was in addition to the survivors.
There's counters to DS. Ruin and DS are on par with each other. I'd even wager to say Ruin is slightly better in terms of time consumption compared to DS.
God I can't stand the people who take apart haunting ground when there was no Ruin and they knew it. It's like realllly? I could see if it was late game and we knew DH was on the map with it which then there's no harm in taking them out since you're already exposed more than likely from DH.
You can only counter ds when you are 10 meters away from the hook.
It happened to me today, so I sandbaged the survivor in a corner next to a totem until killer got there. I didn't even care about the game after he destroyed it facepalm
I can understand it since Ruin could be lower tier and they have it's effect or as is sometimes the case it doesn't hit right away. I've had games where the killer has tier III Ruin yet I don't get a notification or effect until 50% or I get a skillcheck.
There's even been times I've never gotten hit by it since I never get a skill check till i finished that gen and went to next one. While other times it's skill check immediately oh hey there's Ruin and then skill check spam till gens done or killer gets too close to gets me.
The thing is the totem is out now and really screws someone in a chase so realistically you shouldn't touch a totem unless you know. Any of the good players are pretty much indicating don't touch a totem unless you literally spawn on it or know ruin is in play.
You can counter DS by also slugging them which is what most killers do. A survivor on the ground is one not on gens and one that's probably trying to go heal them as well.
How could it be a counter if you haven't picked up a survivor, who you'll eventually have to hook anyway and not doing your objective? You are hurting yourself even more by doing that. The only counters to ds are driblling or mori. Since there's nothing you can do while you have him on your shoulder.
The only reason I would get Decisive Strike is for the sense of collecting all of the perks, even though I won't ever use it. I got my Adept Laurie achievement, so I (hopefully) never need to use it again.
Only two ways DS is “stopped” : The Survivor misses the Skill Check, which isn’t on the Killer to actually “stop it”. That’s relying on the Survivor screwing up. Dribble or down them right under a hook and camp them till they die.
First one, wouldn’t call it a counter if you have no control over if they miss it or not. Second one, Survivors just Gen Rush you while you waste your time camping. Still a loss unless the Survivors are morons and try to save him.
Basically the only way DS gets “stopped” and has no effect is if the Survivor running it, or the rest of the Survivor team sucks and are total morons.
@SovererignKing I suck at looping, rank 1 and i don't run DS and even if I didn't suck at looping I'd still not use it.