Clown
I was calm about all the changes in the game, nothing upset me as much as this reworking of Clown! For what? I just want to understand what is the goal of this rework? The clown is one of the most rare maniacs! This rework will not attract players to it! The most effective improvement in Clown's strength was the solvent bottle, which infused fatigue on survivors. Now she's gone. How and where is it better to use the antidote, in what situations? The only time it can be used is on the way from the hanged man to the generator. Although this is a rather dubious pleasure. In pursuit of a survivor, it is useless, I'd better save the bottle to use for the tonic. And what I have now: when capturing survivors, I also use a tonic, now I have no solvent. But there is an antidote for ... I don't even know what it is to me. This is such a meaningless innovation that if it is ever removed, I won't even notice it. I was so happy when I learned that something new awaits the Clown (one of my favorite maniacs). I was sure that he would not be made weaker, like the same Nurse or HillBilly, for the simple reason that this is not a super strong maniac, this is one of the rarest maniacs. But, I was wrong! So what was the goal of reworking Clown?
Comments
You can still only use his old bottles they Just added a new type of bottle. Also the reload is now 3 seconds.
So the clown can only be better after the rework even if you only play with the fatigue bottle.
I get the feeling you saw the "Antidote can affect Survivors too" part and that's literally the only thing you took away from this whole rework.
You should have 200 iq to use antidote in chase effectively.
But casually you can use antidote to run faster when you need to go to distant gen.
i didnt play new clown, but i guess you can use the antidotes for: hooking survivors faster, getting a boost before reloading your bottles, use them in a chase where you can get a hit before survivor reaches a pallet.
the "big" buff seems to be the the 2 seconds faster reload which 100% helps him.
overall, the rework wasn´t enough to make him more viable, his problems, pre dropped pallets will still be a thing i guess. if the speed boost was something like 15% or even 20% it would start to be interesting...but 10% for a few seconds shouldnt help much considering ou throw away our ammo for slowing them down in a loop.
Wouldn't the purple bottles help with pre dropped pallets?
yeah true, but purple bottle effect doesnt stack... when u run into yellow and throw purple at survivor, you have 2 effects that help you. For situations where several purple bottles wouldnt help, this could be a solution. But like i said, i didnt play him yet.
That's what I'm saying, that I will continue to use only tonic! The antidote can only be used when it is necessary to quickly get from the hook to the generator! But this is ridiculous! Spend a bottle to accelerate (10%) for 5 seconds ... Now I use a thick cork to reload bottles faster. For me personally, nothing useful was added to the Clown, but at the same time the bottle of solvent was changed! Which will become completely useless, like most other improvements!
Yes, the antidote has a beneficial effect on survivors ... I don't care. I won't use this ######### that often. The only thing that worries me is the change in its addons.
That's what I said ... But wasting a bottle to get acceleration (10%) for a short period of time is a very dubious pleasure!
I can think of a dozen different scenarios in which to use the antidoe in a chase. Granted, half of them require the survivor to not instantly drop the pallet, but still.
The fact of the matter is that I am now playing with a thick cork, the reloading of the bottles is very fast, about 2-3 seconds. I also say that for me there is no Clown rework for the better at all! I was upset by the fact that they want to change the solvent bottle that used to fatigue survivors. This is the most useful addon in his arsenal! Almost everyone else was trash.
I can dream too. But it is necessary that the survivor does not throw off the board, it is necessary that he run through the open area ... This does not happen. Therefore, I repeat once again, the only time you can use an antidote is on the way from the hook to the generator. But the acceleration is not that great for a short period of time. And I really don't want to spend a bottle on dubious speed.
Throw down an antidote bottle just before breaking a pallet, break the pallet, and then by the time the animation is over the gas will be yellow and you can catch up to a survivor faster. Or throw down a bottle right on the other side of a pallet so that by the time you've made it around the loop, it's yellow and you can make it to the survivor before they can vault back over the pallet.
ether vol 5 and 10% removed, cigar box ruined, makeup ruined.
Most things that added to the purple bottle were removed. extra blurr removed because mind games are not allowed.
Wrong.
Scenario 1, easily the biggest: Throw the antidote at a survivor that's instadropping pallets and holding W. You will get the speed boost, they won't, because of its delayed activation.
Scenario 2: Use it at a loop INSTEAD of the tonic. Works best in medium sized long-wall loops. Throw to the end of the long wall, where you are, the survivor drops the pallet, you have time to run around and hit them.
Scenario 3: At bigger loops, throw an antidote at the end of the long wall on your side, toss a tonic at the pallet, the survivor drops it and you potentially hit them.
Scenario 4: At a long wall jungle gym, hold the survivor at the window while speed boosting yourself. If they try to loop it they will get hit, meaning they have to burn through their 3 vaults almost instantly.
Scenario 5: At a god window, toss the bottle before you vault. When the animation is finished, you should be speed boosted. If the survivor hangs around, they get hit. If they loop the god window, you're gonna hit them.
Scenario 6: in any area with a strong window and pallet setup, such as a jungle gym, throw an antidote at the pallet and a tonic in the centre of the area. The antidote wil be a nice juicy target, but if they try to go back through the tonic they will get the buff stripped, and then the debuff applied because they will have spent so long in the gas. They will likely leave the loop with their speed boost after instadropping the pallet, instead of going back to the window.
Scenario 7: literally just play the loop with the antidote. It is shocking how much a change in speed messes with survivors.
There you have it. Half a dozen ways to use the antidote on survivors that instadrop pallets the moment the faintest hint of tonic is in the air.
Edit: accidentally came up with 7 scenarios and relabeled them correctly.
The antidote will actually be plenty useful. Especially because it takes a second before the effect starts. You can toss it down before breaking a pallet or picking up a survivor and then get a speed boost directly after. You can toss it a bit ahead of your pathing so it activates as you walk through it and get a speed boost to wherever you're going. This plus still having the old bottles AND the default 3 second reload will definitely make Clown better.
First, the acceleration from the antidote is negligible. This fact makes one wonder whether it is worth spending a bottle on an antidote. I repeat once again that he absolutely did not add any advantage to Clone! Secondly, I always played with the yellow cork, which reduced the time it took to recharge the bottles. That is, it didn’t change anything for me. But the fact that the most effective add-on that caused fatigue was removed from him is very bad! All these innovations do not compensate for addon fatigue. Actually, what was required to be proved, no one played Clown before, except for a few like me, and now they have not increased those who want to play. This is why I initially asked myself: WHAT PURPOSE THE DEVELOPERS FOLLOWED? WHY DID THEY TOUCH IT AT ALL?
If he needed exhaustion bottles to be good he needed a rework
We will all agree that
his new TR music is dope af. It's just funny af to go against. It fits perfect to his movement.
The antidote speed boost is definitely not negligible if you're using it correctly. It's not used for map mobility, it's completely useless for that. You gain maybe an extra half of a second of distance with it. What it IS useful for is at a long loop with a survivor, where that extra speed when you get sped up by the yellow stuff and the survivor gets slowed by the purple stuff at the same time is actually a significant difference.