How come haddonfield has not been reworked yet?

I think it is obvious to everyone that this map is survivor sided to say the least. The map is such a detriment to play on as killer, especially when survivors run BL and the map offerings for it.

I was reminded how bad this map was when playing p head on it. Not complaining about the match, but it reminded me how bad that map was. Are the devs aware of how unbalanced this map is?

Comments

  • I was also...baffled, to say the least, that the next map updates weren´t Coldwind Farm and Haddonfield. In my opinion, very wrong priotisation.

  • I would imagine licensed maps take more work since they want the creative vision of the licensees as well.

  • Yeah haven’t you heard, they want to get all the breakable walls on Haddonfield perfect first.

    That way when you spend your time breaking all the infinites around houses and fences, you’ll only lose 2-3 gens at the least.

  • I love that map. On both sides.

  • Why even rework it at all? Knowing the devs, all they're gonna do is make it dark and add breakable walls. Autohaven and MacMillan are living proof.

  • The Balanced Landing situation has already been largely addressed by tying BL's stagger reduction effect to its cooldown, so you can't just infinite the killer all day on Haddonfield anymore.

    I dunno why they haven't prioritized this map, but I think that when they do, the major thing that needs changing is all the really narrow corridors that run alongside the houses. Open up those areas more, so that the killer has more opportunities to head off survivors instead of just chasing them in a straight line all game.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    I love that map. On both sides.

    Please don't tell me you're serious.


  • I am. I love it. It is the only map set in a town. I love the buildings, the bushes, the backyards. Springwood is CLOSE, but not quite.


    I am sick of having like 5 flavors of Autohaven, or all those Coldwind maps. Or those outdoorsey maps that go on forever like Red Forest.


    I love Haddonfield.


    #SORRYNOTSORRY

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864883#Comment_1864883

    I am. I love it. It is the only map set in a town. I love the buildings, the bushes, the backyards. Springwood is CLOSE, but not quite.

    I am sick of having like 5 flavors of Autohaven, or all those Coldwind maps. Or those outdoorsey maps that go on forever like Red Forest.

    I love Haddonfield.

    #SORRYNOTSORRY

    So you like it because of it's design, not gameplay? Please man, I'm grasping at straws here.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864883#Comment_1864883

    I am. I love it. It is the only map set in a town. I love the buildings, the bushes, the backyards. Springwood is CLOSE, but not quite.

    I am sick of having like 5 flavors of Autohaven, or all those Coldwind maps. Or those outdoorsey maps that go on forever like Red Forest.

    I love Haddonfield.

    #SORRYNOTSORRY

    What you're expressing love for here is the theme though, not the arrangement or gameplay considerations of the map. I, too, like the neighborhood theme, and the fact that this street from Halloween is an arena in this game. But they can retain that look and feel while improving the gameplay. My hope is that they can rebalance some of the annoying pieces of it, and maybe do a Springwood-esque thing where there are a handful of variations.

  • No clue. I mean Glenvale takes place in a western town and it may not be the most balanced map but it isn't a hot load of garbage like Haddonfield is; so we know they could make haddonfield decent if they wanted to.

    That map, unlike every other map, needs to be almost entirely re-done from the ground up- so as long as that is what they actually do, I am fine with letting easier maps to do are done first.

  • Guess they're saving it for last. They made Ormond better. They're getting to Crotus Prenn next. So I'm not bothered they're not doing Haddonfield the Mid-Chapter. The map needs to redone from the ground up biggest issue being half the houses are just blocks in the way. So I can take extra time on Haddonfield.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No clue. I mean Glenvale takes place in a western town and it may not be the most balanced map but it isn't a hot load of garbage like Haddonfield is; so we know they could make haddonfield decent if they wanted to.

    That map, unlike every other map, needs to be almost entirely re-done from the ground up- so as long as that is what they actually do, I am fine with letting easier maps to do are done first.

    Agreed worse part being all the houses you can't enter. They're a massive annoyance

  • Unstoppable killing machine unless there is a knee high fence or shrub in front of them; then they can't do anything.

  • The devs might be going for a complete rework instead of just a graphical update, which will take longer. Hopefully that’s the reason and it’s not that the devs are oblivious to this map’s problems.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864896#Comment_1864896

    So you like it because of it's design, not gameplay? Please man, I'm grasping at straws here.


    I just don't have an issue with the design. I like where the exit gates go. I like the vehicles in the street. I like upstairs windows I can jump out of it. Killer side I like the long rows of fence and hedge I can throw hatches as Huntress and as Pyramidhead I like the walls I can blast through and hit on the other side.


    I just don't see what all the REEEEEE is.


    If we want to take maps that can go to hell, my vote is for Midwich.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864901#Comment_1864901

    I just don't have an issue with the design. I like where the exit gates go. I like the vehicles in the street. I like upstairs windows I can jump out of it. Killer side I like the long rows of fence and hedge I can throw hatches as Huntress and as Pyramidhead I like the walls I can blast through and hit on the other side.

    I just don't see what all the REEEEEE is.

    If we want to take maps that can go to hell, my vote is for Midwich.

    Now I've seen it all. This is the first time I have ever seen a killer say that they like Haddonfield.

  • Because BHVR moves slow as molasses when it comes to changes that benefit killers.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Because BHVR moves slow as molasses when it comes to changes that benefit killers.

    This

  • nurse and spirit can have a good time there.

    Also, Haddonfield must be constrained by licenses. I believe that makes it a little more troublesome to rework.

  • Because the devs would rather add breakable walls to a map than fix its core issues or entity forbid make it actually enjoyable.

  • Unpopular opinion I guess: Autohaven and Macmillan weren't bad off to begin with and aren't after the rework either. Don't see why those are being brought up as bad examples.

  • Do not expect it, maybe they will make it worse than it is like Springwood, although I always win on that map like Maternal Residence, they are the only 2 maps bigger so far.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864883#Comment_1864883

    nurse and spirit can have a good time there.

    Also, Haddonfield must be constrained by licenses. I believe that makes it a little more troublesome to rework.

    @th3 said:

    I would imagine licensed maps take more work since they want the creative vision of the licensees as well.

    They are reworking The Game in this update (which is licensed content).

  • Yes and why wasn't that the first one? Probably because they got input from the Licensees before doing work.

  • To be fair, it is a licensed map, and it’s probably more complicated to make simple changes to those than original maps.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    To be fair, it is a licensed map, and it’s probably more complicated to make simple changes to those than original maps.

    BHVR: yo bro you mind if we put some breakable walls and stuff in the Myers house

    John Carpenter: whatever

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865307#Comment_1865307

    BHVR: yo bro you mind if we put some breakable walls and stuff in the Myers house

    John Carpenter: whatever

    I guarantee you that John Carpenter has had no say in even introducing Halloween (tm) to DBD. Laws are complex and with how greedy corporations get, you can bet that the slightest errors in trivium and formality is going to land BHVR, a relatively small company, in court.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865309#Comment_1865309

    I guarantee you that John Carpenter has had no say in even introducing Halloween (tm) to DBD. Laws are complex and with how greedy corporations get, you can bet that the slightest errors in trivium and formality is going to land BHVR, a relatively small company, in court.

    Lol yeah I was kidding about the direct line to John Carpenter

    Would be interested to know the details though as I assume Halloween was filmed in a collection of real US streets (the map itself is pretty generic), and I doubt they trademarked the town name Haddonfield either.

  • At least haddonfield doesn't gave thousands of god and boring pallets to play on both sides, unlike the game. Glad they are addressing that map first. They will get to haddonfield although I'm imagining that they are gonna have to do a bigger rework with that map so they are taking more time with that, where as the previous maps were far easier to rework.

  • Exactly, it's a survivor sided map. The forums would go chimp monkey and ape.

  • @Yords said:

    I think it is obvious to everyone that this map is survivor sided to say the least. The map is such a detriment to play on as killer, especially when survivors run BL and the map offerings for it.

    I was reminded how bad this map was when playing p head on it. Not complaining about the match, but it reminded me how bad that map was. Are the devs aware of how unbalanced this map is?

    BL hasn't been an issue for like a year now. More I think.

    Haddonfield is just a strong survivor-sided map. I too am surprised that it hasn't been reworked yet. But at the same time Shelter Woods hasn't been reworked either.

    Of course the devs are aware of the problems on the map. That's why they nerfed Balanced Landing in the first place. They are clearly just dragging their foot reworking it because it's hard to do.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Yeah haven’t you heard, they want to get all the breakable walls on Haddonfield perfect first.

    That way when you spend your time breaking all the infinites around houses and fences, you’ll only lose 2-3 gens at the least.

    There are no infinites on Haddonfield. Didn't you get the memo? You're like the OP, apparently unaware that BL was nerfed a long time ago.

    @QwQw said:

    Why even rework it at all? Knowing the devs, all they're gonna do is make it dark and add breakable walls. Autohaven and MacMillan are living proof.

    You mean make it bright and add breakable walls. What maps have been made darker? Autohaven and especially MacMillan are significantly brighter than they used to be. As are all the maps. Haddonfield already got a tile rework that makes the dirt look like white cement and it's been made significantly brighter than how it used to be 3 years ago.

    Pretty sure making more houses enterable would make the map harder for killers.

  • It's so unbalanced, survivors have to run Balanced Landing.





    😫

  • And rework Freddy's map, but I am not sure they belong to the same IP holder.

  • @Withered8 said:

    At least haddonfield doesn't gave thousands of god and boring pallets to play on both sides, unlike the game. Glad they are addressing that map first. They will get to haddonfield although I'm imagining that they are gonna have to do a bigger rework with that map so they are taking more time with that, where as the previous maps were far easier to rework.

    Most of the other maps just have one problematic loop or area that needs to be fixed. So they're easier to rework, then just give them a graphical facelift. Haddonfield is problematic for killers due to its basic design. It's one of the bigger maps with lots of houses that have second floors where the generators usually are. It's very hard to patrol, lots of things block your visibility and there are lots of windows everywhere and survivors can easily sneak into houses to lose you. Then you have that powerful basement loop which they still haven't fixed, even with the breakable door added to one end.

    Further, the map is easy for survivors to navigate, unlike a map like The Game or Lery's. Basically nothing but upsides for survivors and downsides for killer.

    The entire map basically needs to be redesigned.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864869#Comment_1864869

    There are no infinites on Haddonfield. Didn't you get the memo? You're like the OP, apparently unaware that BL was nerfed a long time ago.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864873#Comment_1864873

    You mean make it bright and add breakable walls. What maps have been made darker? Autohaven and especially MacMillan are significantly brighter than they used to be. As are all the maps. Haddonfield already got a tile rework that makes the dirt look like white cement and it's been made significantly brighter than how it used to be 3 years ago.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864954#Comment_1864954

    Pretty sure making more houses enterable would make the map harder for killers.

    I wouldn't say that there was an Otzdarva video were he had Slinger and he couldn't at all get to the survivor because she kept looping a house he couldn't cut through. He had to keep trying to go all the way around it.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/218418/how-come-haddonfield-has-not-been-reworked-yet

    BL hasn't been an issue for like a year now. More I think.

    Haddonfield is just a strong survivor-sided map. I too am surprised that it hasn't been reworked yet. But at the same time Shelter Woods hasn't been reworked either.

    Of course the devs are aware of the problems on the map. That's why they nerfed Balanced Landing in the first place. They are clearly just dragging their foot reworking it because it's hard to do.

    Yeah I know that BL isn't a problem anymore, I just think that it is just overwhelmingly powerful on Haddonfield.

  • They have already barricaded most of the windows, I don't know how they can make it any easier for killers.

  • Ok it's not good but it's not super bad either. Some killers can handle that map pretty well while some of course have big problems.

    Trapper, Hag, Nurse, Spirit and perhaps also Pig, Ghostface can do well there.