250k BP monthly rank rewards when I can easily get 90k a game

I’m a little confused why the monthly new rank rewards only gives 250,000 a month for what seems like a ridiculously long grind.

It’s easily achievable to earn 90k a game as the killer with BBQ and a survivor pudding.

Extra bloodpoints are always appreciated, the math just seems to be way off with this one!

Comments

  • And not to mention it resets to 20 each month... How many hours would that take? .... Kinda useless for most, should be better rewards like choose 1/10 cosmetics or smtg, cause 250k bloodpoints is dogshit reward

  • I'm pretty glad with the rewards, actually. I still have to grind a lot with both survivor and killer and every help counts. Not saying I wouldn't accept others, but this is nice.

  • Well the actual rank system will not be used for match making anymore... So they could have just trashed the mechanic all together.

    To be fair you get NO bonus bp now... So why complain about still having a reason to rank up and getting free bp too?

    Some people will even complain about great weather I guess.

  • As per usual the devs have no idea what they are doing. Like how they are nerfing Undying, all because the crying survivor mains never shut up and get what they want.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    Well the actual rank system will not be used for match making anymore... So they could have just trashed the mechanic all together.

    To be fair you get NO bonus bp now... So why complain about still having a reason to rank up and getting free bp too?

    Some people will even complain about great weather I guess.

    I’m not complaining, I’m questioning the math / logic behind the small reward system.

    The new matchmaking combined with the new rank / progression system will probably make a mess of things altogether. I feel sorry for the solo queuing players out there.

  • This is still better then No reward. Going all the way back to 20 is hilarious though. I sometimes think the company things we are all streamers who will play this game so much we can easily climb to Rank Reds without an issue. Many of us have jobs and play other video games. i doubt I'll get red ranks every again if I go back to 20 every month. (I don't care either, its just sort of amusing)

  • I hope they don't do something stupid like it rewards you based on the rank you are at the day of the reset; instead of based on what the highest rank you obtained since the last reset.

    Else people will hit rank 1 and just be nervous about playing anymore as that role in case they lose out on the larger bonus. You never want to make anyone hesitant to play; for any reason, that's unhealthy game design.

    So hopefully they are aware of that much.

  • The cap is 1,000,000.

    You can earn half that just for doing what you do already. I find it quite generous.

  • Behaviour is so stingy with BP. You can get 250k in 2-3 killer matches.

    It should go something like:

    • 16 = 100,000
    • 12 = 250,000
    • 8 = 500,000
    • 4 = 1,000,000
    • 3 = 2,000,000
    • 2 = 3,000,000
    • 1 = 4,000,000

    If I'm rank 1, give me enough BP to finish off a single character. Just give people BP. Open the BP floodgates. Stop treating them like some precious economy. Throw some Iridescent shards in there too!

  • This is exactly what I’m talking about, I’m glad someone is on the same page as me!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Community: "Devs, limit the grind"

    Devs: "Ok, how about free BPs just from playing the game?"

    Community: "This is horrible. How dare you."

    ---

    Being facetious, but c'mon, these are free BPs. There is no need to grind for them. Just play the game as much as you usually would and you'll make more BPs than you usually would. Sounds good to me.

    The grind is still an issue, but they have been giving away lots more currency recently than in the past and we've seen bloodweb changes that make getting usable perk builds easier (e.g. more perks per bloodweb). The 4th anniversary event gave out a ludicrous amount of BPs too; I'm still working through my gateaux... I think they're just trying to alleviate things here and there rather than just cut bloodweb costs in half or something. I don't blame them for not wanting to go too far the other direction and rapidly max-leveling everyone. Again, still room to improve, but this change is another step in the right direction.

    Step in the right direction. lol

  • It's a bonus, but it's probably not worth grinding for it specifically. For killer, I'm just bound to get it by simply playing.

    For survivors, especially solos, unless you just play a lot, you're just better off doing 5/6 killer games on the side and get the equivalent or even more in bp than if you tried to rank your survivor all the way up.

  • @Kingpaulmathers said:

    As per usual the devs have no idea what they are doing. Like how they are nerfing Undying, all because the crying survivor mains never shut up and get what they want.

    Whereas I see the change as a wash to even being a buff. Ruin becomes weaker. But Devour Hope is now useful with it.


    As for the OP. It's free extra points for playing like you would have anyway. Something more creative would have been nice. But it's still pretty fair.

  • A new source of BPs is bad because its not a ton and requires time?. What kind of logic is this?.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860124#Comment_1860124

    Is this or is this not free BPs that none of us have been earning?

    Look back in time to the early days of DBD. No rift. Fewer perks in bloodwebs. No currency giveaways or insane amounts of gateaux afaik. Fewer BPs from matches (things like 300BP great skill checks, late unhooks, late heals, etc. were not in the game). WGLF stacks were harder to get and the perk was harder to justify running. Hell, WGLF and BBQ both weren't even in the game at launch. Smaller rewards for dailies.

    None of these is a big enough change by itself to stop the grind and there's still a ways to go, like I said, but you have to admit things are a heck of a lot better than they used to be. The only really downside of the game nowadays is how many characters there are. This makes full completionism less feasible, even if leveling up characters and unlocking strong perks are a lot faster.

    These so called free blood points are awarded once a month, why would anyone be interested in trying to get from rank 20 to rank 1 every month for a small amount of blood points, am I missing something here ?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Community: "Devs, limit the grind"

    Devs: "Ok, how about free BPs just from playing the game?"

    Community: "This is horrible. How dare you."

    ---

    Being facetious, but c'mon, these are free BPs. There is no need to grind for them. Just play the game as much as you usually would and you'll make more BPs than you usually would. Sounds good to me.

    The grind is still an issue, but they have been giving away lots more currency recently than in the past and we've seen bloodweb changes that make getting usable perk builds easier (e.g. more perks per bloodweb). The 4th anniversary event gave out a ludicrous amount of BPs too; I'm still working through my gateaux... I think they're just trying to alleviate things here and there rather than just cut bloodweb costs in half or something. I don't blame them for not wanting to go too far the other direction and rapidly max-leveling everyone. Again, still room to improve, but this change is another step in the right direction.

    Yeah, no. The problem lays with the entire "go back to Rank 20" reset. Somebody who doesn't have much time to play the game regurlaly but not often, will bearly hit high rewarding levels, while the ones that put time into it will. It's another grind incentive, that it's actually harmfull for players and incentives to unhealthy sweaty play, that makes you play more than you want to. And even if you won't be part of it, you will feel it. People will sweat for pips, especially close to the reset etc.

    And it just adds. It adds more to stuff like challenges, Rift, login bonuses etc. It's just another grind added to the game. And it will work. Sadly. It will work to hook people and boost the player base in an unhealthy way.

  • Some people either are not reading my entire post or are just jumping to conclusions.

    When I sit and grind out killers games for 4hrs, I earn around 1,000,000 BP

    I’m happy with those points and they get spent within no time at all.

    ANY extra, bonus, free bloodpoints are always appreciated.

    What I don’t understand is who at BHVR came up with the math / formula to give such a small amount of BP as part of a new monthly reward system? I say small because in relation to what can be farmed when just playing the game it is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Community: "Devs, limit the grind"

    Devs: "Ok, how about free BPs just from playing the game?"

    Community: "This is horrible. How dare you."

    ---

    Being facetious, but c'mon, these are free BPs. There is no need to grind for them. Just play the game as much as you usually would and you'll make more BPs than you usually would. Sounds good to me.

    The grind is still an issue, but they have been giving away lots more currency recently than in the past and we've seen bloodweb changes that make getting usable perk builds easier (e.g. more perks per bloodweb). The 4th anniversary event gave out a ludicrous amount of BPs too; I'm still working through my gateaux... I think they're just trying to alleviate things here and there rather than just cut bloodweb costs in half or something. I don't blame them for not wanting to go too far the other direction and rapidly max-leveling everyone. Again, still room to improve, but this change is another step in the right direction.

    I think the complaint is that it's not worth it for the amount of hours you'd need to put in when you can easily get that amount prior to going up one rank (depending on the rank).

  • I mean, on the christmas event they were giving 10k bps per day. What were you expecting? Do you really think that they will do anything to reduce the grind?

  • Monthly reward should be auric cells not Blood Points, plain and simple.

  • Wow a lot of you sound entitled asf not gonna lie. Enjoy the easy BP

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hope they don't do something stupid like it rewards you based on the rank you are at the day of the reset; instead of based on what the highest rank you obtained since the last reset.

    Else people will hit rank 1 and just be nervous about playing anymore as that role in case they lose out on the larger bonus. You never want to make anyone hesitant to play; for any reason, that's unhealthy game design.

    So hopefully they are aware of that much.

    https://youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0

    They won't

    I'm 99.99% sure

  • @RamblinRango said:

    Wow a lot of you sound entitled asf not gonna lie. Enjoy the easy BP

    what's your opinion on this? Like how many ranks have you generally climbed in a single month?

  • @Antrapace said:

    Some people either are not reading my entire post or are just jumping to conclusions.

    When I sit and grind out killers games for 4hrs, I earn around 1,000,000 BP

    I’m happy with those points and they get spent within no time at all.

    ANY extra, bonus, free bloodpoints are always appreciated.

    What I don’t understand is who at BHVR came up with the math / formula to give such a small amount of BP as part of a new monthly reward system? I say small because in relation to what can be farmed when just playing the game it is.

    Probably because that would break their precious Bloodpoint Economy™

  • "These free rewards aren't big enough!"


    This community is reaching new levels of entitlement.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    "These free rewards aren't big enough!"

    This community is reaching new levels of entitlement.

    Their not free rewards, you have to grind to get the rewards lol

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860254#Comment_1860254

    what's your opinion on this? Like how many ranks have you generally climbed in a single month?

    People shouldn't complain about easy BP that wasn't there before, that's my opinion. I hover around rank 5, red gets too sweaty for me.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    "These free rewards aren't big enough!"

    This community is reaching new levels of entitlement.

    It's not free, we paid and pay for the game. We as customers have every right to complain about BS that they throw at us.

    Also, do you gain BPS for white-knighting for BHVR?

  • @RamblinRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860271#Comment_1860271

    People shouldn't complain about easy BP that wasn't there before, that's my opinion. I hover around rank 5, red gets too sweaty for me.

    but we aren't staying at our ranks when this starts. When this starts they're resetting everyone back to Rank 20. You would have to climb the ranks all over again to get your 150k for being at Rank 5 (using you as the example for rank if you don't mind). Would you be willing to put in the amount of time and climb 15 ranks of whatever side you play on in every single month? Do you think everyone has that sort of time and patience for the people in this game?

    I want to clarify if I sound mad, I'm not, I'm just asking.

  • @Kingpaulmathers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860280#Comment_1860280

    Their not free rewards, you have to grind to get the rewards lol


    They are free. You are playing the game normally. You are not going out of your way to do anything you were not already.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860280#Comment_1860280

    It's not free, we paid and pay for the game. We as CUSTOMERS have every right to complain about BS that they throw at us.

    Also, do you gain BPS for white-knighting for BHVR?

    "Free bloodpoints?! How dare they throw this BS at us!"


    Do you need to speak to a Manager?

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860301#Comment_1860301

    but we aren't staying at our ranks when this starts. When this starts they're resetting everyone back to Rank 20. You would have to climb the ranks all over again to get your 150k for being at Rank 5 (using you as the example for rank if you don't mind). Would you be willing to put in the amount of time and climb 15 ranks of whatever side you play in a single month? Do you think everyone has that sort of time and patience for the people in this game?

    I know but hear me out. Yes I will and with 0 thought because it's easy, and it's easy because all you have to do is play the game, nothing changed. I'm going to get to rank 5 regardless and now there's some sweet BP waiting for me.

    I don't know about everyone but plenty of people hit red ranks before this, they'll hit it after too

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860313#Comment_1860313

    "Free bloodpoints?! How dare they throw this BS at us!"

    Do you need to speak to a Manager?

    Oh yeah, the insane grind that everyone that plays this game is aware now will be over thanks to 3-4 bloodwebs per month, how generous. If you get happy with crumbs, good for you. The rest of us can think a little better and demand QoL for the game

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860325#Comment_1860325

    Oh yeah, the insane grind that everyone that plays this game is aware now will be over thanks to 3-4 bloodwebs per month, how generous. If you get happy with crumbs, good for you. The rest of us can think a little better and demand QoL for the game


    The issue with the grind goes beyond rank rewards.

  • If BHVR thinks this type of reward will motivate players to play more (and spend more) to reach higher ranks I think they're going to be disappointed.

  • @RamblinRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860316#Comment_1860316

    I know but hear me out. Yes I will and with 0 thought because it's easy, and it's easy because all you have to do is play the game, nothing changed. I'm going to get to rank 5 regardless and now there's some sweet BP waiting for me.

    I don't know about everyone but plenty of people hit red ranks before this, they'll hit it after too

    Were you able to climb to Rank 5 in a single month from Rank 20? I'm not saying I won't make it because I'm going to try my hardest to get there, I'm just saying that's the argument

  • @Antrapace said:

    I’m a little confused why the monthly new rank rewards only gives 250,000 a month for what seems like a ridiculously long grind.

    It’s easily achievable to earn 90k a game as the killer with BBQ and a survivor pudding.

    Extra bloodpoints are always appreciated, the math just seems to be way off with this one!

    I think, if you pip every game, you'll have to grind around 20illion to get to rank 1. And thats the low side. 250k is nothing for a months "work"

  • @SkerpiTwitch what happened to your comment? I started reading it and then it vanished

  • @Antrapace said:

    @SkerpiTwitch what happened to your comment? I started reading it and then it vanished

    No idea, i was saying that youll probably need to grind 20 million bp to get to rank 1, so 250 k is kinda nothing compared to that

  • I think monthly rewards are nice but it should be something like:

    1000 Auric Cells

    20,000 iridescent shards

    4,000,000 Blood points

    Ultra Rare Skin

    10 x Bloody Party Streamers

  • I know free BP is always good. But people forget

    18 DLC, become 22 at the end of this year.


    For every new DLC comes, to unlock a single character's teachable, requires ~1.700.000 BP. 2 characters from both side will be ~3.400.000 BP

    Another ~500.000 BP to unlock new Survivor's teachable perk into your main Survivor character. And x20 of the value to unlock new Killer's teachable on other 20 Killer characters.

    Just try math people, and you see the Grind is ridiculous for newbie. Not everyone is great, try hard to get 500.000 BP being rank1 on both side.

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861514#Comment_1861514

    No idea, i was saying that youll probably need to grind 20 million bp to get to rank 1, so 250 k is kinda nothing compared to that

    Last two weeks I played quite a lot (50h) and earned ~5M BP

    Killer rank 4

    Surv rank 8

    350.000 free BP

    350 / 5000 * 100 = 7%

    BHVR rewards me with 7% of what I earned.

    Why do you guys even complain ?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    I know free BP is always good. But people forget

    18 DLC, become 22 at the end of this year.

    For every new DLC comes, to unlock a single character's teachable, requires ~1.700.000 BP. 2 characters from both side will be ~3.400.000 BP

    Another ~500.000 BP to unlock new Survivor's teachable perk into your main Survivor character. And x20 of the value to unlock new Killer's teachable on other 20 Killer characters.

    Just try math people, and you see the Grind is ridiculous for newbie. Not everyone is great, try hard to get 500.000 BP being rank1 on both side.

    This is exactly the point I’m trying to get across, the math just doesn’t add up.

    This token amount of 250k BP (500k if you do both) just doesn’t really help, sure it’s free, but if you’re giving out rewards for consistent, loyal players make it something substantial.

  • @Gorky_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861529#Comment_1861529

    Last two weeks I played quite a lot (50h) and earned ~5M BP

    Killer rank 4

    Surv rank 8

    350.000 free BP

    350 / 5000 * 100 = 7%

    BHVR rewards me with 7% of what I earned.

    Why do you guys even complain ?

    Try reworking that to include when you restart at rank 20 each month.

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861552#Comment_1861552

    Try reworking that to include when you restart at rank 20 each month.

    Ah my bad I forgot :

    I didn't play for something like 1 year, I was both rank 20 for survivor, 18-17 for killer.

  • Already have all perks for all killers and survivors on tier 3. Would much rather have shards as reward. Or if they could remove 1 million BP cap then you could get all new perks and spread them around on all characters much faster.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860195#Comment_1860195

    Nobody is going to grind to get to rank 1 just for this bonus. It's just a nice passive bonus for playing the game.

    You underestimate people. Some would even grind for Rank 1 even without the bonus. And the small bonus is reason enough to grind as well.

  • Yeah I hate that it doesn't stack, getting 250k in one month is _a snore_ reward, because we can easily get that many in barely five games if we run bbq and if we have streamers/puddings we can do that in two or so matches. LMAO.


    If you're playing as much as you do to get to rank 1 then 250k is honestly not that much in the grand scheme of things. You can't even get all of a survivors teachable from that.


    I supposed its better than nothing I guess. Eh who knows it could just be a placeholder for now. Future rewards should be in shards or cosmetics.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860343#Comment_1860343

    Were you able to climb to Rank 5 in a single month from Rank 20? I'm not saying I won't make it because I'm going to try my hardest to get there, I'm just saying that's the argument

    Yes, easy. You'll get there because you probably would have anyways only now you'll have some extra BP to show for it, that's my point

‹ 1 2