"SeLfCaRe TaKeS ToO LoNg"

"SeLfCaRe TaKeS ToO LoNg"...

If another survivor heals you it takes 16 seconds and 2 (!!!) survivors can’t do anything else.

If you selfcare you are ALONE and it takes 32 seconds and another survivor can sit on a gen. So its the same amount of time overall.... if another survivor only takes one second to get to you and heal you it's actually more efficient to selfcare since you can do it immediately.

And you are more versatile if you selfcare because spreading out is really important and another survivor can finish a gen while you heal yourself.

So stop the self-care hate, it also allows you to make plays (get out of the exit gate if everyone else left or killer is near it, save someone safely, etc) and... well you don't die in one shot and thus stay longer in the game which is the most important part. It counters a lot of killers too (ghostface for example, if you selfcare under a pallet where you have a good overlook you won't be ambushed and die, same with other stealth killers). It also counters the Twins heavily since they rely on people being injured for pressure.

I am a 4k hours player who plays since release and I can tell you... I'd love if every of my teammates ran selfcare when I play solo survivor, they most of the time get ambushed by tinkerer or are unaware and die in one hit all the time or crouch in a bush waiting for someone else to show up and heal them... That's wasting time. As a killer I fear players who use selfcare wisely because they keep me from snowballing the game.

Comments

  • When ii play killer: yes go with SC and all healding perks combo. U dont need ds bt umbrecable exaustion perk iron will.

    When i play survivor: hope for ds dh bt umbrecable teammates

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848067#Comment_1848067

    What I said to the other person:

    I've already said you lose time overall cuz the more you use it the more likely you're over using it. The less you use it the more likely you're having a wasted perk slot. Getting it in the perfect balance is very difficult to have, since it equally relies on circumstance. The more skilled the player, the less useful the perk actually becomes. It's a full on trap. Overall, it's better to not have it at all and to get people to stop being reliant on it.

    Edit: I just want to mention. I don't care too much if a good player actually used self care correctly. That's up to them. You're just more likely to have bad players in solo queue using it.

    true on your last point there mostly , but i do use it properly i promise u xD

  • You are just better off if you bring medkit. Yellow medkit with right addons allows you heal 3 times or so. You should only heal if you need to repair in unsafe position. Most easy games i had with wraith hit and run style was when i was running sloppy, NC and survivors kept healing with SC in corners and you could just ambush them.

  • Self care by alone is trash. Just use inner strength daaaamn.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848220#Comment_1848220

    No one with 7.5k hours like you claim you have would say self care is the best perk.

    As a player with 9.5k hours I approve this message, self care is absolutely garbage and it's way better to bring a medkit or just run adrenaline and resilience and genrush, the gens don't take that long to get done and unless you're bad in a chase you shouldn't need to heal more than a couple times in the whole match, if you're healing more than twice a match you're literally killing your team because at that point you could take the seconds and start applying them to gens that should've been done, and that's not even counting when the killer has sloppy butcher and you start wasting a minute for every heal with self care

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    "SeLfCaRe TaKeS ToO LoNg"...

    Some guys are so dumb. If another survivor heals you it takes 16 seconds and 2 (!!!) survivors can’t do anything else.

    If you selfcare you are ALONE and it takes 32 seconds and another survivor can sit on a gen. So its the same amount of time overall.... if another survivor only takes one second to get to you and heal you it's actually more efficient to selfcare since you can do it immediately.

    And you are more versatile if you selfcare because spreading out is really important and another survivor can finish a gen while you heal yourself.

    So stop the self-care hate, it also allows you to make plays (get out of the exit gate if everyone else left or killer is near it, save someone safely, etc) and... well you don't die in one shot and thus stay longer in the game which is the most important part.

    I'd love if every of my teammates ran selfcare when I play solo survivor, they most of the time get ambushed by tinkerer or are unaware and die in one hit all the time or crouch in a bush waiting for someone else to show up and heal them... That's wasting time.

    LMFAO, as i killer, i agree, pls survivors, every single one you guys should bring self care, please do it

  • Just bring a med kit or iron will, or both! It's much more useful and consistent.

  • @trick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848167#Comment_1848167

    1 out of 4 not on gen doesnt mean sh*t to anyone. i dont want my matchs to be press m1 and gg , i want my matchs to have all rounded play? xD but no-one cares lets carry on saying the best perk is trash xD

    not even close the best perk is trash and even more with sloppy 40 seconds wasted that never will comeback. tahts why you never see good survivors using it, because is trash and time wasting. imagine doing a very good chase and seeing baby survivors healing by their own without medkits just with self care what waste of time and resources that never will comeback, the perk is useless youll understand when u get good at the game man.

  • @tactic said:

    As a killer main without slowdown perks I approve this message

    I'm a killer player too with 4k hours in the game. Survivors who use SC effectively (under a pallet not at the edge of the map, not SC when a gen is at 90% next to them and other obvious stuff like that) are really scary to me. They can prevent snowballing a game and cause me to lose.

  • @trick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1847546#Comment_1847546

    surely bro xD 1 guy healing himself so he can take hit , or unhook, or do a gen safety encourages bad play? like this guys been reading that book of logic wow. or hes a freddy kruger main that thinks self cares toxic? #########

    It wastes so much time. It helps in fringe scenarios only where you probably lost the game anyway. As killer, I would like nothing more than a team of 4 Self-care users. Yes, please handicap yourselves! I need that EZ game every now and then!

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848061#Comment_1848061

    It wastes so much time. It helps in fringe scenarios only where you probably lost the game anyway. As killer, I would like nothing more than a team of 4 Self-care users. Yes, please handicap yourselves! I need that EZ game every now and then!

    As I mentioned its equally fast as being healed.

  • I find Self-care is overrated and unnecessary. unless the killer is visually making a lot of mistakes and you want to capitalize on bp, you're better off just working on the gen.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848061#Comment_1848061

    It wastes so much time. It helps in fringe scenarios only where you probably lost the game anyway. As killer, I would like nothing more than a team of 4 Self-care users. Yes, please handicap yourselves! I need that EZ game every now and then!

    well 2 just escaped a try hard twins, one reason both had selfcare xD, again this dumbass argument debunked

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I find Self-care is overrated and unnecessary. unless the killer is visually making a lot of mistakes and you want to capitalize on bp, you're better off just working on the gen.

    just agreeing with everyone as always , no proper reasoning xD , only infinate healing so u can take two hits for longer chases, unhook people without dying from camper noobs 90% of killers, and oh ye walk out the gate without getting camped as well, genius. Like magic

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    As an enjoyer of bloody glove oni, I approve this message

    Every legion main approves too

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    "SeLfCaRe TaKeS ToO LoNg"...

    If another survivor heals you it takes 16 seconds and 2 (!!!) survivors can’t do anything else.

    If you selfcare you are ALONE and it takes 32 seconds and another survivor can sit on a gen. So its the same amount of time overall.... if another survivor only takes one second to get to you and heal you it's actually more efficient to selfcare since you can do it immediately.

    And you are more versatile if you selfcare because spreading out is really important and another survivor can finish a gen while you heal yourself.

    So stop the self-care hate, it also allows you to make plays (get out of the exit gate if everyone else left or killer is near it, save someone safely, etc) and... well you don't die in one shot and thus stay longer in the game which is the most important part. It counters a lot of killers too (ghostface for example, if you selfcare under a pallet where you have a good overlook you won't be ambushed and die, same with other stealth killers). It also counters the Twins heavily since they rely on people being injured for pressure.

    I am a 4k hours player who plays since release and I can tell you... I'd love if every of my teammates ran selfcare when I play solo survivor, they most of the time get ambushed by tinkerer or are unaware and die in one hit all the time or crouch in a bush waiting for someone else to show up and heal them... That's wasting time. As a killer I fear players who use selfcare wisely because they keep me from snowballing the game.

    Selfcare: 32 seconds

    A whole gen with 2 people and Prove Thyself: 40 seconds

    This topic should end here

1 2 3 ›