Hatch should not open in this scenario

Hatch should never open when there is 1 survivor left and the exits are already powered. The survivor has, not 1, not 2, but 3 outs! The killer is torn between patrolling the exit gates AND looking for hatch, in which case 90% of the time the survivor is escaping. It's a psuedo-unwinnable situation for the killer, and I don't know why it is in the game.

Comments

  • You've already won. You killed three dudes. One survivor escaping is not big deal.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    You've already won. You killed three dudes. One survivor escaping is not big deal.

    It is a big deal to me, and to the pipping system. That person did not deserve to escape, forgive me for using the d word.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821337#Comment_1821337

    It is a big deal to me, and to the pipping system. That person did not deserve to escape, forgive me for using the d word.

    I don't need to be deserved to escape. This game isn't purely skill.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Hatch should never open when there is 1 survivor left and the exits are already powered. The survivor has, not 1, not 2, but 3 outs! The killer is torn between patrolling the exit gates AND looking for hatch, in which case 90% of the time the survivor is escaping. It's a psuedo-unwinnable situation for the killer, and I don't know why it is in the game.

    So in this scenario did the last survivor repair the gens and chose to go for hatch? Honestly it doesn't matter both the survivor and killer has to choose what to go for and theres a 1 in 3 you will find them if not too bad man you got a 3k and most likely got a pip. You ain't gonna 4k every time just like everyone else.

  • How often does this scenario happen? Not enough to worry about.

  • In all likelihood that survivor would have escaped anyway? Both gates open so all that you'd change with this is depriving that survivor of hatch points. Sounds like they earned that escape... Sorry but youre not entitled to a 4k and from what you described were definitely not deserving of one in this scenario...

  • I'm sorry but I don't see a problem. No one in this game is entitled to anything, not killers nor survivors. You are not an exception killers are not entitled to a 4k if you didn't find and kill the last survivor that is on you.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821549#Comment_1821549

    I don't need to be deserved to escape. This game isn't purely skill.

    This is the biggest thing. Folks think it's some skill versus skill game or something, it's not. It's like.....65% knowledge, 15% skill and the other 20% is luck and things beyond your control.

    It's easier once you realise that, because literally anyone can get good at this game, and there is nothing to feel bad about when that kinda thing happens for that same reason.

  • @Ttwylerr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213817/hatch-should-not-open-in-this-scenario

    So in this scenario did the last survivor repair the gens and chose to go for hatch? Honestly it doesn't matter both the survivor and killer has to choose what to go for and theres a 1 in 3 you will find them if not too bad man you got a 3k and most likely got a pip. You ain't gonna 4k every time just like everyone else.

    They didn't repair the last gen, but oh I closed hatch and that powers the exits for some strange reason. And I had actually been racing the survivor to the hatch and beat them there. But then the magic disappearing scratch marks happen, I lose them, go to patrol the exits, and they get out because the gates were too far apart. 2nd on top of 2nd chance on top of 2nd chance!

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I'm sorry but I don't see a problem. No one in this game is entitled to anything, not killers nor survivors. You are not an exception killers are not entitled to a 4k if you didn't find and kill the last survivor that is on you.

    Of course. That hatch that randomly spawned and then those random door placements? Totally in my control. I'll just do better next time. 😂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821553#Comment_1821553

    This is the biggest thing. Folks think it's some skill versus skill game or something, it's not. It's like.....65% knowledge, 15% skill and the other 20% is luck and things beyond your control.

    It's easier once you realise that, because literally anyone can get good at this game, and there is nothing to feel bad about when that kinda thing happens for that same reason.

    Which is sad. This game is similar, more than we initially realize, to the likes of Fortnite and Mario Kart, because half the game is just RNG anyway. The only difference being this game takes way more effort to play and be good at, and most times the reward, if any, is not adequate for the amount of effort you've put in.

  • I see how this would suck. I too am a killer main (80% to 20 survivor). But try to empathize. This is probably a similar "robbed" feeling when a survivor eludes you all match does some gens and some totems they come across and then... BAM hit with NOED because other survivors didn't do totems they came across. And then dies on first hook.

    I would say the game is survivor sided if swf is in play but in most other cases there is a Yin for every Yang as far as unfair scenarios.

    In my opinion only Swf needs serious balancing.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821337#Comment_1821337

    It is a big deal to me, and to the pipping system. That person did not deserve to escape, forgive me for using the d word.

    You don’t know if they don’t deserve to escape. For all you know they could have been a solo, doing most of the work, but got screwed over by the other survivors.

    You’re saying survivors in that circumstance shouldn’t have ANY chance at all due to things completely out of their control?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821622#Comment_1821622

    Of course. That hatch that randomly spawned and then those random door placements? Totally in my control. I'll just do better next time. 😂

    Well what about cases in which the doors are so close together there is no hope for the survivor to escape. By your logic the survivors deserves to escape. maybe they will try better next time.

    The point is you lost the last survivor when and they escape, there are plenty moments in which the killer gets a 4k when hatch is open and the doors are powered. Stop being entitled.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821555#Comment_1821555

    They didn't repair the last gen, but oh I closed hatch and that powers the exits for some strange reason. And I had actually been racing the survivor to the hatch and beat them there. But then the magic disappearing scratch marks happen, I lose them, go to patrol the exits, and they get out because the gates were too far apart. 2nd on top of 2nd chance on top of 2nd chance!

    So let me get this straight you chased and beat them to hatch closed it and lost them. Then they managed to open an exit gate and escape. In what way was that a second chance for them? You failed to keep track of them after closing hatch and didn't defend the exit gates well enough. That survivor literally had the smallest chance to make it out but they did and in no way was it unfair for you.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821555#Comment_1821555

    They didn't repair the last gen, but oh I closed hatch and that powers the exits for some strange reason. And I had actually been racing the survivor to the hatch and beat them there. But then the magic disappearing scratch marks happen, I lose them, go to patrol the exits, and they get out because the gates were too far apart. 2nd on top of 2nd chance on top of 2nd chance!

    Lol, wut? There’s no 2nd chance upon 2nd chance. You got played, pure and simple. If you found the hatch first then you could have simply stood upon it until they showed themselves, THEN close it and tunnel them to dead. That they escaped detection and somehow managed to open one of the gates after that then that’s entirely on you. That escape was earned.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821337#Comment_1821337

    It is a big deal to me, and to the pipping system. That person did not deserve to escape, forgive me for using the d word.

    And who says that you deserve your 4K? In the end, all 5 Gens were done, so you did not really do a good Job.

  • Personally, I say give them the hatch.. BUT, if the Killer closes the hatch then the survivor has to finish the remaining generators.

  • Sounds to me like you got outplayed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821549#Comment_1821549

    And who says that you deserve your 4K? In the end, all 5 Gens were done, so you did not really do a good Job.

    It’s just like saying “If the rules were different I would have won.” That logic doesn’t work even when you’re the President.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821742#Comment_1821742

    It’s just like saying “If the rules were different I would have won.” That logic doesn’t work even when you’re the President.

    Yeah. I just dont get this mentality.

    "YOU dont deserve it, but I deserve it". Neither deserves anything. I dont even get the problem, its not like OP did lose the game in this scenario.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Hatch should never open when there is 1 survivor left and the exits are already powered. The survivor has, not 1, not 2, but 3 outs! The killer is torn between patrolling the exit gates AND looking for hatch, in which case 90% of the time the survivor is escaping. It's a psuedo-unwinnable situation for the killer, and I don't know why it is in the game.

    And facecamper a surv at the egc is winnable for this surv?

  • If the exit gates are powered and you did not slam the hatch shut that means the team succeeded in doing all 5 of their generators.


    They did their job. They completed their objective. And you killed three of them.


    So the last guy now should be screwed? Why?

  • If the exit gates are powered and you did not slam the hatch shut that means the team succeeded in doing all 5 of their generators.


    They did their job. They completed their objective. And you killed three of them.


    So the last guy now should be screwed? Why?