Should Wraith be able to walk through walls and obstacles when cloaked?

I've always thought it would be cool if Wraith could walk through walls and obstacles when cloaked. Do you think it could be cool and a good buff to Wraith? I personally don't see how it would be too OP to let him have that as a base kit ability.

I personally would be fine if they gave him that ability through an add-on, but I would be happier if they would just let him have that in his base kit.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think he should be able to walk through windows and dropped pallets maybe. Walking through everything would be too powerful, especially if they're giving him true invisibility

  • I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with the idea. He can’t attack when cloaked and if he couldn’t walk through stuff uncloaked then it wouldn’t be something that would nullify pallets and windows, it would just help his mobility. I don’t see the devs programming/implementing this though; it would probably be quite complicated and if Nurse is anything to go by it would definitely be buggy. Plus it would just look weird to walk through, say, the piles of logs on Macmillan maps.

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    I think he should be able to walk through windows and dropped pallets maybe. Walking through everything would be too powerful, especially if they're giving him true invisibility

    How would it be too powerful? I mean he doesn't have a chase ability and how would it be too powerful to give a killer 100% stealth? Players would be able to see him when Wraith is close to them and stuff.

  • It would be awesome, but then people would complain that it doesn't line up with the lore. The lore states that you still physically interact with the world when in the spirit world.

    I personally think it would be awesome, but I dread the incoming posts of people complaining "ThE lOrE iS iNcOnSiStEnT"

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820334#Comment_1820334

    How would it be too powerful? I mean he doesn't have a chase ability and how would it be too powerful to give a killer 100% stealth? Players would be able to see him when Wraith is close to them and stuff.

    I just mean, the devs have dropped hints that he may be getting "true invisibility", like the spirit. But even if that weren't the case, being able to walk through walls would be extremely powerful for him. He's really under rated, I 4k against red rank sweat squads with him all the time. People just don't know how to mind game the Bing bong

  • Walking through windows could be too powerful. He just parks in the middle and block while uncloaking,

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820334#Comment_1820334

    How would it be too powerful? I mean he doesn't have a chase ability and how would it be too powerful to give a killer 100% stealth? Players would be able to see him when Wraith is close to them and stuff.

    Also, he does have a chase mechanic. He moves faster while cloaked and gets a speed burst while uncloaking. I just walk slightly ahead of the person, wait for them to approach a window, pallet, or choke point, then body block it while i uncloak. 80% of the time, it works every time

  • @lagosta said:

    Walking through windows could be too powerful. He just parks in the middle and block while uncloaking,

    I mean they can make some restrictions for places he can go through, as you said windows could be one of them. What do you think of the general idea of him being able to walk through obstacles?

  • I don't think so. If anything, besides what we believe what the devs are going to give him, he needs something that helps him in a chase. I have absolutely no idea what could help though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it would make his uncloaking too buggy. Maybe give him Shadow Dance basekit so he can vault windows and break pallets hella faster.

    Why would it make his uncloak buggy? It has nothing to do with his uncloaking and why would you uncloak IN the obstacle?

  • @lagosta said:

    Walking through windows could be too powerful. He just parks in the middle and block while uncloaking,

    But... You do realize he can body block windows already, right?

  • Why not ? Something like: Every 30s Wraith can activate a secondary power to walk through walls for 5s.

  • His power is invisibility not being immaterial. Bypassing walls and all obstacles would give him a big downside as with nurse and legion.

  • I've thought about it before, I think it'd be cool. He wouldn't be the first killer who can go through walls, and it'd be a big buff bit still wouldn't make him anywhere near as insane as her. Might make me feel actually semi-nervous going against a wraith

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it would make his uncloaking too buggy. Maybe give him Shadow Dance basekit so he can vault windows and break pallets hella faster.

    Agree, would just be too much material for exploiters.

  • Indoor maps + Nurse calling + move through wall = easy win.

    He also have an addon to see Survivors within 12m

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820355#Comment_1820355

    But... You do realize he can body block windows already, right?

    From one side only, not both

  • I would prefer it through an Add-on rather than passive, and that's only assuming everything would go swimmingly in terms of developing it.

    I mean look at the problems Nurse has over the years with collision, i don't want any of that.

    And it'd be kinda weird to bodyblock Survivors, but you can stand in the Pallet/Vault you're blocking them from.

  • This would be funny if he had no collision with anything but the base floor, then I could walk up some stairs or on a hill and begin to laugh hysterically.

  • I mean... Technically, but who cares? The only time you want to body block a window is to keep them going to the opposite side from you. I've never seen a survivor vaulting towards me and thought "i wish I could body block that" Lol

  • Absolutely not hahahha. That'd be insanely OP.

  • Balance issues aside i don't think they would want to put that much effort in a killer that already is in the game.

    Just imagine how much work they would have to do to not get stuck everywhere. It would be nurse all over again

  • @mintchapstick said:

    Absolutely not hahahha. That'd be insanely OP.

    You can't just say it would be OP without even giving a reason to why it would be OP.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820449#Comment_1820449

    You can't just say it would be OP without even giving a reason to why it would be OP.

    I'm not sure what you're imagining, but I'm thinking he could shut down literally every loop by decloaking inside a wall

  • @Boss said:

    I would prefer it through an Add-on rather than passive, and that's only assuming everything would go swimmingly in terms of developing it.

    I mean look at the problems Nurse has over the years with collision, i don't want any of that.

    And it'd be kinda weird to bodyblock Survivors, but you can stand in the Pallet/Vault you're blocking them from.

    Yep,the idea sounds cool,but the devs aren't exactly known for their consistent map design/object hitboxes.Just look at nurse and blight.

    Wraith would probably just get stuck in certain places,fall through the map etc.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820466#Comment_1820466

    I'm not sure what you're imagining, but I'm thinking he could shut down literally every loop by decloaking inside a wall

    Why would the devs let you uncloak inside an obstacle?

  • I mean, he should since he's using the same Spirit World as Nurse, but are they going to code that?

    No.

  • IMO Wraith does not need that much (faster while cloaked, invisible from a distance, less noise (breathing and footsteps)) and some Add On Tweaks (especially Windstorm, when he gets faster at base) to become a better Killer. I dont even think he is bad to begin with, he is a solid Killer and most of the time you will 4K with him at Red Ranks.

    When it comes to walking through walls, I like the idea, but I dont think that the Devs should invest time in that. In the end, they would probably need to program A LOT for that, since Wraith was never supposed to do that. And I can imagine that there will quite a bunch of Bugs where players get stuck in Walls or stuff like that.

  • Perhaps let him phase through the breakable walls/doors that have been added to almost every map. Maybe a phase animation (Look up Legacy of Kain, Raziel phasing through barriers to get an idea of what I mean).

    That way, Wraith can travel around places, but leave the walls intact so survivors cant use them. Maybe they break after 3 phases through or something. Each phase make them crack fall apart more and more.