If the next killer power is another that survivors can just sidestep or zig zag, I’m going to scream

I can’t take it anymore, and it’s exactly why I persist with Clown the way I do, because this nonsense doesn’t work against him because of his AoE.

I get the impression that when designing a killer, that how it will be played on console takes very little consideration at all. Perhaps even none.

It’s been a concerning trend since Stranger Things (with the exception of Oni), that all a survivor needs to do to avoid 5 of the most recent killers main offensive power that can injure/down is to simply zig zag or side step. Twins has been the worst offender yet of this problem, because of how exacerbated this issue is with the heavy punishment for a single miss.

Mouse & keyboard killers may have less issues landing hits with Shred, The Redeemer, PoTD, Lethal Rush, or Pounce, but even when jacking the turn sensitivity all the way up for a controller, keeping visual track of the survivor in conjunction with following those movements and predicting those movements with an analogue stick is infuriating.

I’ve literally had matches against red rank survivors today where it was impossible to land any pounce at all. None. This isn’t a frame rate or performance issue as I’m playing this on PS5 at a glorious, consistent 60 FPS. I’d HATE to think how miserable PS4 and XBONE players are having trying to play as Twins.

The other concerning thing about the trend with these powers is that the survivors aren’t having to learn to do anything new at all. Just spin, or zig zag, erratically, or side step last moment. Survivors have done it to death, and it is also far FAR too easy for survivors to do.

Please, there needs to be way WAY more consideration, and testing for how killers like these are played on console, against EXPERIENCED, COMPETENT survivors as part of their design. Or survivor agility needs a genuine, serious look at. We’ve (mostly) all been open to Bloodlust being removed. Surely it’s reasonable to gather data on whether survivor agility needs review?!

Comments

  • @beatddb said:

    If the survivors can't easily avoid the killer's power there would be a lot of people crying on the forums

    Well you can't dodge the clown at all really. The only reason it is fine is because his ability is not offensive. If you cannot dodge the killer power then where is the counterplay? You have to be able to attempt a dodge or it is no fun.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1809853#Comment_1809853

    But I’m not going to know that until I try the killer. There’s no test mode.

    It doesn't exactly take buying the killer to know how they play. You could play against the killer or watch gsmeplay

  • @extonjonas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1809907#Comment_1809907

    Well you can't dodge the clown at all really. The only reason it is fine is because his ability is not offensive. If you cannot dodge the killer power then where is the counterplay? You have to be able to attempt a dodge or it is no fun.

    The issue isn't that you can dodge The Twin's power, the issue is that it's to easy. Tacking onto that, the window of time a survivor has to crush Victor is very generous, and after Victor is crushed the killer has to suffer through two different cooldowns. Survivors having fun against a killer is very important, but if a killer's power revolves around getting kicked in the face, even after they land a successful hit, how much fun that will be needs to be a priority.

  • @Binary101100 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1809894#Comment_1809894

    It doesn't exactly take buying the killer to know how they play. You could play against the killer or watch gsmeplay

    That’s like saying anyone could just grab a scalpel and be a surgeon just because they watch Greys Anatomy 😒

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812047#Comment_1812047

    Hmm,luckily i encountered different killers on console even though there were some days where you would see some more spirits and freddys.

    I can definetely tell you that the only gamechanging difference between console and PC is FPS drops.

    If you don't have a PS5/Xbox series x then you'll face FPS drops often times when somebody uses dead hard or sprint burst,you get hit with something like sloppy butcher/noed/freddy and whenever you get your first stack of bloodlust (this one is the absolute worst).

    Frame drops could then look like this:

    https://youtu.be/W1TlMcbNT4s

    Yea the frames are awful, even vsing console players on pc you see them spaz out and have the most delayed deadhards.

  • @beatddb said:

    If the survivors can't easily avoid the killer's power there would be a lot of people crying on the forums

    Said killers exist, but you see the complaints

  • Man I sure love zig zagging against death slinger for him to free zone me, PH to still hit me cause his free zoning, zig zagging victor to still get hit cause his of his enormous hitbox, and zig zagging blight and still getting hit cause of that stupid lunge. But you guys zig zagging is counterplay LMAOOO

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1809933#Comment_1809933

    With the Twins? Patience.

    Victor is a speed demon, don't worry about not instantly pouncing since you can regain lost distance really quickly.

    Just fake the pounce a couple times to see what the Survivor does and when you get a feel for what they're trying to do/get right up on top of them you pounce.

    Like Huntress, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, and Blight I'm sure that it's something you get better at with practice too. Don't beat yourself up or get frustrated for messing up - it's part of the process.

    Controller survivors are better than mouse and keyboard, and mouse and keyboard killer is just far superior to controller. The xbox and PlayStation console's have m&k integration so I can't understand why they won't allow it for there game. Truth is, if you buy it on console, they screwed you out of your money unless you wanted to play survivor. Because if you wanted to play on pc, you gotta buy it and all the dlc's again. Tbh the only thing that i find difficult on controller is deathslinger and survivors that get in your face and for some reason are unhittable.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I can’t take it anymore, and it’s exactly why I persist with Clown the way I do, because this nonsense doesn’t work against him because of his AoE.

    I get the impression that when designing a killer, that how it will be played on console takes very little consideration at all. Perhaps even none.

    It’s been a concerning trend since Stranger Things (with the exception of Oni), that all a survivor needs to do to avoid 5 of the most recent killers main offensive power that can injure/down is to simply zig zag or side step. Twins has been the worst offender yet of this problem, because of how exacerbated this issue is with the heavy punishment for a single miss.

    Mouse & keyboard killers may have less issues landing hits with Shred, The Redeemer, PoTD, Lethal Rush, or Pounce, but even when jacking the turn sensitivity all the way up for a controller, keeping visual track of the survivor in conjunction with following those movements and predicting those movements with an analogue stick is infuriating.

    I’ve literally had matches against red rank survivors today where it was impossible to land any pounce at all. None. This isn’t a frame rate or performance issue as I’m playing this on PS5 at a glorious, consistent 60 FPS. I’d HATE to think how miserable PS4 and XBONE players are having trying to play as Twins.

    The other concerning thing about the trend with these powers is that the survivors aren’t having to learn to do anything new at all. Just spin, or zig zag, erratically, or side step last moment. Survivors have done it to death, and it is also far FAR too easy for survivors to do.

    Please, there needs to be way WAY more consideration, and testing for how killers like these are played on console, against EXPERIENCED, COMPETENT survivors as part of their design. Or survivor agility needs a genuine, serious look at. We’ve (mostly) all been open to Bloodlust being removed. Surely it’s reasonable to gather data on whether survivor agility needs review?!

    Agreed all the more reason I also main clown, even before this issue you brought up btw. As a controller player who plays on a laptop (don't ask me why), this is pure torture. I was playing demogorgon last night for a daily of a full shred 5 times. The only way for me to hit them was either

    1. Run in straight lines

    2. Jump right into it

    3. Twirl in front of me for who knows what the reason is???

    4. Completely oblivious that a man eating monster is staring at them with their mouth open

    Breaking it down its not impossible, its just the risk is too high with zero to no effort on the survivor side. You just slightly move the mouse or whatever they use and WHAM!!

    You get what I mean, they need to stop making killers like that. We need some AOE killers and not the plague type.

  • @Wesker09 said:

    Man I sure love zig zagging against death slinger for him to free zone me, PH to still hit me cause his free zoning, zig zagging victor to still get hit cause his of his enormous hitbox, and zig zagging blight and still getting hit cause of that stupid lunge. But you guys zig zagging is counterplay LMAOOO

    Blight is fine in general, although I think he is bugged in the current form of Hit Validation and can hit people he shouldn't right now. Legit, just find a fat tree and see him struggle to get you as you hide around it. The others, though, I agree 100%.

  • Will just add this is entirely a controller issue, and all of these things are a total non-issue on PC

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    I'd rather they don't nerf or change survivor movement purely for this reason. What about actually making the aiming better?

    What about a good aim assist system for controllers instead? It's very doable, id managed to create a very nice aim assist for Doom 2016 and Eternal that feels great, they actually made an FPS game playable on a controller. Or even add in gyro support for switch and Dualshock controllers (idk if Xbox controllers have it, but last I checked they don't). Would probably help out with that whole aiming and tracking thing, if it really is that bad. Deathslinger and Huntress would become much nicer to play on console if you could do the majority of your aiming with the stick and then move your controller to make the small adjustments to your aim.

    I don't find it very hard at all to hit shots as death slinger or any ranged killers and I even have mad drift in my controller its just something u have to practice at and you gotta remember not all killers are for everyone

  • @Xpljesus said:

    Will just add this is entirely a controller issue, and all of these things are a total non-issue on PC

    I already said that, so you’re not adding anything at all sorry.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813583#Comment_1813583

    I already said that, so you’re not adding anything at all sorry.

    Well you said may and just had an assumption, but you obviously don't know for sure - so I am just confirming this from experience

  • You don't like survivors being able to dodge your power? So.... the option is to always just get hit and go down? Deathslinger can pull you through windows to hit/down you. Pyramid head can hit you through pallets, walls, etc, but man, it is terrible it could potentially get dodged?! Victor can jump through pallets and walls. Blight can bounce off anything if he is dodged and rechase....


    Honestly.... have you thought that maybe you're just bad? Because these killers are far far stronger than earlier killers.

  • Killers should have nothing to complain about some of them actually need to be nerfed imo

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811576#Comment_1811576

    You say this, but whilst saying this there are people with the mindset that killers are too strong and abusable, whilst survivors "obviously are balanced". Survivors have many things they can abuse and do so regularly, so if to play a killer with any hopes of playing a high skill ceiling ability and do well I need to be a pc player, doesn't that obviously need to be changed. I play pc a lot and have also played PS4 a bit. Some of the skills are transferable, but once you step into console it's like your playing with crutches as the killer. If they added an aim assist for killers who played on console, wouldn't it make it that bit fairer for the killers and balance out the skill levels between devices. No one is asking for complete aim bot for hunters, just aim assist for those on other consoles. The fact that you would even try to straw man this is showing the toxic entitlement of some survivor players. If you make statements like this then I shall reply with this statement- " so you want to be able to rush gens and abuse flashlights and keys, yeah sorry but no thanks we never needed the Mori change"

    You have a single job as a killer. Kill 4 people who can't fight back. Survivors have a single job as survivors. Escape. I manage to do just fine as both survivor and killer on ps4. The problem isn't the game, it's not the survivors you go up against or what they use, it's you.

    If people hadn't pissed and moaned on both sides about "this is too hard, or that's too easy, or this is broken" when it wasn't, the game wouldn't be in the state it's in today. That's the one thing that destroys games the most, when devs start catering to cry babies.

  • hard to zig zag a myers too haha.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    hard to zig zag a myers too haha.

    Lol, true. Won’t achieve much against him.

  • Tbh with myers and huntress and them; I find my problem is people with urban evasion man that can be brutal as hell. One more thing clown can just sorta bypass too haha.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817080#Comment_1817080

    Tbh with myers and huntress and them; I find my problem is people with urban evasion man that can be brutal as hell. One more thing clown can just sorta bypass too haha.

    That’s not even a “killer power” thing for me. I learned long ago that stealth hurts Clown incredibly bad, so I forced myself to learn to be hyper sensitive and attentive to crow activity, and think about where I would hide as survivor.

    Though a bottle thrown high up into a tree helps every now and again if I’m stumped as to where the heck someone went.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812139#Comment_1812139

    That’s like saying anyone could just grab a scalpel and be a surgeon just because they watch Greys Anatomy 😒

    Dude, it's just a game. It's nothing like that. It's a game. Watch gameplay. If the people you watch are getting dodged, or they're dodging the new power easily. You'll know to buy the killer or not. It's not as complicated as you think. If you truly have this much trouble then you're just bad.

1 2 ›