Counter to Rancor?
Not Sole Survivor.
I can't seem to find any counter to it. At all. With the exception of SS... And telling anyone to run this trash perk is like telling a Wraith or Mikey to run Distressing...(unless you're purely farming BP)
It took them how long for Calm Spirit to help counter The Doctor... but.. I'm sure I'm going to regret asking any type of questions regardless of my playtime. I feel like the dev is constantly kicking Solo players in the nads while doing nothing to SWF as both Killers and Solo players have mostly crappy games when paired against SWFs(the sandbagging etc)
Comments
What you are referring to is called a "Hard Counter". Something that lessons the effect is known as a "Soft Counter". You're both right.
You don't have to guess. You can see the Killer every time a gen is completed, and thus know for a fact he has it.
Yes, your kinda right, but I hate if survivor count any "soft counter" as a "hard counter", but they want "hard counter" for everything that a killer has, despite the fact that they already have way to many perkless mechanics in their advantage.
You do realize that the killer only sees your position and not your aura like you see the killers right? And You only get the exposed status and are killable after the last gen has been popped... It's not even near being uncounterable, it's just been a week. Ask again in another week or two when everyone knows how to play against this weak chapter
Way to take the word out of context and crop my comment to fit your narrative. To use a Mori a specific set of steps must be achieved:
Down survivor
Hook survivor
Down again
Mori
Even the yellow Mori has the stipulation of having to Mori the last survivor after downing them.
Rancor gives you aura, exposed effect and instant Mori (No hook or last man stipulation). As the example I gave its unfair that you can spend the whole match never getting caught and not using obsession perks yet still fall victim to RNG obsession pick and get found once leading to instant down and instant Mori.
Its not a very interactive perk with potential counter play and isn't fun to be on the receiving end of. If you are taking a risk and using a obsession perk then its a little different because you risked being the obsession.
Don't forget about a hard surface generally used to prepare food or place items.
you have a really crappy reputation on the forum. nothing you say merits anything for me or my discussion, sorry fam.
I play stealth. Several times ive had someone pop a gen while i was near them and i was immediately put in chase/downed due to Rancor.
Anyway. I was looking for something a long the lines of the counter to BBQ and Chili. aka hiding behind a generator, since Rancor has unlimited range.
So its like a missed skillcheck?
Flame the killer in post game chat.... that’ll show em... yeah
They had to do it that way because an aura would be countered by The Spirit's own power.
I mean, advanced stealth is usually very good against aura Perks.
It's a poor man's NOED/Devour Hope. I think it's a wasted slot, since it does next to nothing until the end of the game.
RUN!
Yea, crappy among biased survivor mains that do not give a crap about balance… I know… I can deal with that.
the real problem is besides DS and how stupid it is it needs to be nerfed to the ground. the real issue is survivor obsession perks are very lack luster. if they actually made some decent worth while obsession perks for survivors you wouldn't see some one upset for being the obsession, with out an obsession perk as a perk they are running. In fact yesterday i made a post in the balance feedback area about obsession perks in general with my opinions on all of them survivors and killers. you should check it out.
here is a novel idea how about make some exhaustion perks obsession perks. say for example dead hard, but make it so exhaustion perks that are flagged as obsession can recover while your running. aimed more at dead hard as an example. as dead hard sorta got hit the hardest in the exhaustion change. this could be a good way to help the perk out a little. but still limit the other perks like sprint burst to the current exhaustion rules.
actually you're an overly agressive jerk. If you're not going to make an attempt at an answer, i'm going to continuously flag anything you post in here since you're being toxic and off topic.
This is what i needed to know. Ty. Now i can counter it without a problem.
after reading a ton of comments.. ive found my answer. I also dont know why everyone assumes i'm running DS or another obsession perk. So, again I don't run obsession perks.
I run:
Urban Evasion
Iron Will
Premonition
*Calm Spirit/WGLF
I get rancor a lot and I don't run any obsession perks as survivor. It also favors me over the others with DS or whatsoever.
I usually just sneak as much as I can and stay out of the killers terror radius or try my best to pay attention to their location.
... I thought a survivor with an obsession perk will always get picked over someone who doesn’t have one? That’s what it used to be at least
Apparently not always. A obsession perk only increases the chance to be the obsession, but it is not a definitive.
Huh. Must increase it by a ton then. I know if a survivor has an obsession perk but killer doesn’t it’s girenteed. So it must be the killer perk that throws it off. Kinda dumb, given rancor is good for countering DS.
I'm fairly certain that's a bug.
Yes, exactly. If a killer does not have a obsession perk, only survivors with obsession perks will be thrown around, but if the killer has a obsession perk, it is possible for a survivor with no obsession perk to be the obsession.
I have a friend that always runs DS and I would be DL but he wouldn't.
Not really. Otherwise the perk description of survivor perks would actively mention that you are the obsession for sure. It only increases to be the obsession. If the killer has a obsession perk, a survivor with no obsession perks has the possibility to be the obsession.
That's why it says it increases the chance to be the killer's obsession, but it's not guaranteed. The word Increases is the main factor. It is not a 100% chance if other survivors have a obsession perk or if the killer is running one.
My understanding is that if one or more Survivors have Obsession perks, then they and only they will be the Obsession, no matter what perks the Killer has. We should ask the devs about this.
This is the sentence of every survivor perks: "Increases your chance to be the Killer's Obsession."
It says specifically increases and the way it's worded is very clear. It does not say you are for sure the obsession. So if the killer has a obsession perk and the rng decides to not pick the survivor with a obsession perk, it might take someone with no obsession perk.
Yeah, I’ve never had it not do that before this update. Maybe it is a bug. Increase is ambiguous. It could increase the chance to 100%
It happened to me before the update and it always been like this since I started playing. It was never a definitive and I would be the obsession sometimes if the killer had obsession perks even if a survivor had DS or whatsoever.
Calm Spirit also doesn't say birds will fly away if you step on them (although it's obvious, IMO). Perks don't always reflect the full nature of a mechanic. IIRC, the devs intended for it to work in the way I mentioned.
I can try asking, but I remember they mentioned it was not a 100% chance if the killer has a obsession perk and it happened before 2.0. to me and friends already. Also to NQ on live stream, where she was DL even tho other survivors had DS.
Dont be obsession.
It might even be as simple as drawing a name out of a hat. If the killer has an obsession perk and no survivor has one, everyone gets one ticket in the hat. Each obsession perk adds one more ticket with your name on it, so if you're trying for Adept Laurie you have four tickets while everyone else only has one.
I bet the only reason were even noticing it more now is we can see who the obsession is. Before, we just assumed when DL popped up that the obsession was the one who died.
One way to counter it is let the killer hook you then die on the hook. Can't get mori'd at the end game if you don't make it to the end game.
I have an update @Orion and @Jack11803
I was able to get a response from the devs. It apparently is a bug, there is a anomality that's causing the calcuation to give every survivor a ticket when the killer has a obsession perk, whilst survs with obsession perks have a higher chance, the survs without obsession perks might still be the obsession with a lower chance.
I did notify them that it has been happening since Myers release.
Thanks, Luzi. You're awesome.
Q: What counters Rancor?
A: Get sacrificed before final generator is done.