Least Favorite Map.
We all have that moment where you start up a match, the camera pans, and you learn you're on . . .
. . . Gosh darn it.
What are your least favorite maps?
My personal dislikes:
Survivor bane: Bloodlodge, due to the lack of tall obstacles and the availability of the hill and the Lodge as vantage points the map is just an enormous sightline.
Killer bane: Ironworks of Misery, due to the map having more loops and gyms than I'd like all centered around the one window that all killer mains hate (excluding the blinking nurses who can just ignore it).
. . . Gosh darn it.
What are your least favorite maps?
My personal dislikes:
Survivor bane: Bloodlodge, due to the lack of tall obstacles and the availability of the hill and the Lodge as vantage points the map is just an enormous sightline.
Killer bane: Ironworks of Misery, due to the map having more loops and gyms than I'd like all centered around the one window that all killer mains hate (excluding the blinking nurses who can just ignore it).
Comments
Swamp maps and Farm maps.
All of Coldwind Farms. I cannot orient myself in the middle of all that corn.
Definitely the Backwater Swamp. It's just an eyesore.
grim pantry
Swamp, as both survivor and killer.
its the worst as huntress and cannibal
The Game and Springwood, as survivor.
Haddonfield and Coldwind
The Game and Haddonfield.
Survivor: Autohaven Wreckers: Wreckers' Yard
Killer: Red Forest; Coldwind Farm (bc corn blindness)
Any outdoor map for survivors
Shelter woods and Game
I love the farm maps... just cool.
I dislike Lerys a good bit though. Just something about it.
Shelter woods
The game
Lerry's
Colldwid farm as killer - hate it, coldwind farm as survivor - love it
New map looks beautiful.
The Game
I love The Game because of the look and the two level idea. But I hate to play on it because I really suck at it. XD
Well the SAW franchise is notorious for torture and pain.
The Game. I feel like I run around forever trying to find a gen.
Léry's Memorial Institute by FAR! Next is Lampkin Lane.
My issue with the swamp is that it feels like i'm trying to survive at 3 in the afternoon in-game. The moon is beyond bright and it takes away from the atmosphere (and stealth) for me. I actually enjoy the map, otherwise.
I would rather play Pale Rose all night than play Rotten Fields once.
I HATE ROTTEN FIELDS THAT MUCH!
Except I hardly play Billy :'(
As killer
I hate Ironworks of Misery because everyone goes to that window. The handrails used to be problematic but at least BHVR broke those so killer can walk off while carrying someone.
I hate Blood Lodge because I don't like how pallets are almost always so close together where if you break one pallet the survivors are already safely at another one. It's not even the amount of pallets but how close in proximity they are from each other.
I hate all the Coldwind Farm maps because there are so many large loops next to each other some of them feel hopeless to play at times.
I hate groaning storehouse because everyone goes to the window loop in the center building.
I have complaints about other maps but I feel like I consistently have bad games on most of the maps I mentioned.
As survivor
I guess the swamp maps? Can't really say any maps are an issue as survivor.
I actually like The Game and both swamp maps on either role. Plenty of places to play hide and seek.
I have a love/hate relationship with Haddonfield, though one simple fix would get rid of the hate part. I just wish they'd put more breaks in the hedges and fences. Too many times I get locked into a path by those hedges. I turn a corner expecting a break, and find that the fence runs the whole length of the house.
I loathe Azarov's Resting Place. Its a badly designed map with the generators basically split into two halves on it.
The Game map is an abomination.
As a survivor: The Game, and Red Forest. They're pretty barren for pallets nowadays.
As a killer: Coldwind Farm. Most of the variations are #########-tacular to play, but Fractured Cowshed in particular is a special kind of Hell.
General bane: Coal Tower.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
The game, as both. As survivor I find it difficult to find pallets and orient myself to where the stairs are, and as killer so many times I hear a gen being done and go to it and... I'm on the other side of the sliding door from it.
My least favorite as survivor- Lèrys because it’s hard to find gens and it’s not an open field like the rest of the maps and the game because it’s hard to find a way to the second floor from the first floor and the first floor from the second floor!
Cornfields...
I would say any of the fully indoor levels, like Treatment Theater and The Game. At least with The Game, the level opens up as you do generators, but those generators can be hard to find, and it can be difficult finding the stairs. Lery's I wish some doors would open up as you do generators (the middle part opens up a bit when you complete that generator), but again, the generators can be difficult to find unless you run Generator detection perks or items. For Lery's It would be neat if some hallways had collapsed ceiling so you could see the sky. For both maps, it would be neat if some of the hallway lights near a generator would flicker until that generator was completed.
Killer: Farm Maps
Survivor: The Game as I can never find a bloody generator
Springwood, Haddonfield are just unfun maps in general. Haddonfield is at least aesthetically pretty nice but Springwood is so drab and dull.
As Survivor:
Rotten Field (simply because its boring)
The Game (simply because as a solo survivor potato teammates never do gens)
Haddonfield (console FPS, need I say more?)
As Killer:
Rotten Fields (simply because its boring)
Lery's Memorial Hospital (only if I'm playing Nurse or Huntress)
Iron Works of Misery (pallet loops for days)
Haddonfield (console FPS, need I say more?)
Pale Rose (only the REED heavy version)
Spirits new map (######### REEDS!)
There are maps I may dislike depending on what killer I'm playing but its more of a minor thing then full on dread.
Haddonfield, as a Leatherface main I die a little inside each time I see that map