Bloodlust Disabled? Not Playing Then

I get they want data, but the game is already stressful enough to play. Then to disable Bloodlust on top of that, when it's needed in maps like Autohaven, Haddonfield, and the Elementary School just to catch survivors around the long and ridiculously close loops. There is no point putting yourself through that additional stress.

I'm sure I'm not the only one making this decision. Most probably won't say anything, especially since when anyone voices anything killer related they just get dismissed.

Anywho. This kind of 'test' should of been done on the PTB, not the main game. The main game should be used for the best experience, not making harder on the most stressful role just for data.

Comments

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763582#Comment_1763582

    I literally provided the links in my post. PWYF is only 5% at full stacks. It goes from 3%/4%/5%.

    5% is only +0.2 on base Killers.

    Bloodlust doesn't go up in percents. Period. It's +0.2/+0.4/+0.6.

    Meaning max PWYF is only 1 phase of Bloodlust. If you get a 45 second chase. Then you are moving triple the speed you could get from PWYF.

    Dude you are embaressing yourself at this point.

    You do realize that's the tiers of the perk, not the token tiers?

    Play With Your Food (tier 1)

    Everytime you chase your Obsession and let them escape, gain a token, up to a maximum of 3 tokens.

    Each token increases your movement speed my 3%

    Play With Your Food (tier 2)

    Everytime you chase your Obsession and let them escape, gain a token, up to a maximum of 3 tokens.

    Each token increases your movement speed my 4%

    Play With Your Food (tier 3)

    Everytime you chase your Obsession and let them escape, gain a token, up to a maximum of 3 tokens.

    Each token increases your movement speed my 5%

    This clearly shows a few things:

    1.) You've never used this perk before, nor do you know how this perk works

    2.) You don't understand how perk descriptions work in general

    3.) YOU are the one embarrassing themselves.

    Thanks for showing us how stupid you are, dumbass.

  • Would be interesting to see the impacts this "experiment" has on survivor queue times when they already take 5+ min.

  • Some killers desperately need to hit or down a survivor during the early game.

    For example, the oni need a hit to use his ability, the pig need a down to start anything, literally, anything.

    Without bloodlust, a survivor can loop a main building for a ridiculous amount of time, especially on hadoonfield, and on some loops on the farm. Those killer will need to either hit/down them while others are finishing like, 3 gens, or they should drop the chase and start a whole new one. Either way, they won't get what they need early on and the whole game will be just full of stress.

    It's ridiculous, like...

    A killer shouldn't tunnel or camp, they shouldn't get a little movement bonus even after a chase that earned enough time for other survivors to finish 2 or 3 gens.

    'High rank killers don't need bloodlust.'

    Well, the truth is, a high rank survivor will literally toy with a killer without bloodlust.

    I don't care, though. I have the nurse and the spirit with mori offering anyways.

    While survivors are enjoying teabagging the ghostface, wraith, and pig- while swfs are sharing every single thing happening with each other via voice chat- I'll be mori-ing them. If that's the game they want, that's the game they'll get.

  • Bloodlust should be removed on some maps, but bl1 should be kept on some others.

    There's no point even for bl1 on hawkins, shelter woods or yamaoka.

    20201122213334_1.jpg

    Many pallets are like this today, why would you even need bloodlust there unless you want cheap downs?

  • @Letche said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763586#Comment_1763586

    The incentive is showing the devs you need it, nows the best time to put your money where your mouth is and show instead of tell. No amount of running your mouths on the forums is going to beat the data they receive, not playing only hurts YOU. they're not listening to what you say, they're looking at what the data is telling them.

    The fact that you think all nemesis is worth is the few seconds of aura reading is a very telling sign of your skill. The minute of obliviousness is far more important than the few seconds of aura reading you get, so it's not comparable to I'm All Ears which is a greatly underrated perk itself.

    Let's not forget Fire Up on top of all that speed which helps you as gens get done so even when you're losing, you're gaining.

    I really don't get all of the complaining. It's literally a test, which y'all are going to ruin for yourselves by not playing and giving them data that says you need it, and it's like two or three days long. That's such an insignificant amount of time it's not even funny. But you know what, go ahead, leave and take bloodlust with you. You're the ones that stand to lose the most by not playing during this.

    I had sooner just let the Dev's get terrible data, and ruin their own game further. Than to go 8 games in a row getting told to kill myself by survivors that know just to abuse long loops, and maps with the loops close together. Playing Survivor over the weekend happened exactly as predicted. I barely ever got hit, or not until the map ran out of long/long loops.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766597#Comment_1766597

    I had sooner just let the Dev's get terrible data, and ruin their own game further. Than to go 8 games in a row getting told to kill myself by survivors that know just to abuse long loops, and maps with the loops close together. Playing Survivor over the weekend happened exactly as predicted. I barely ever got hit, or not until the map ran out of long/long loops.

    uhm, why complain by survivors who """""abuse"""" long loops, if you later at the end say you played like that yourself.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770464#Comment_1770464

    uhm, why complain by survivors who """""abuse"""" long loops, if you later at the end say you played like that yourself.

    Because by abusing these things, and bringing attention it - it can be fixed.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770553#Comment_1770553

    Because by abusing these things, and bringing attention it - it can be fixed.

    you can report map issues here in the forums instead (considering them "abuse"), devs literally dont monitor your gameplay

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770563#Comment_1770563

    you can report map issues here in the forums instead (considering them "abuse"), devs literally dont monitor your gameplay

    The Long/Long loops were intended. The map layout of loops being too close together on the previously mentioned maps were also intended. So no - that doesn't matter, nor is it what the forum is for. Players need to see just how broken Survivor is and I will break the game until it's fixed.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770568#Comment_1770568

    The Long/Long loops were intended. The map layout of loops being too close together on the previously mentioned maps were also intended. So no - that doesn't matter, nor is it what the forum is for. Players need to see just how broken Survivor is and I will break the game until it's fixed.

    something not intended is a bug, and there's literally a bug report section, I recommend you taking a look, and again, your data isnt special enough to bring devs' attention.

  • Do you seriously not know what a Long/Long loop is?

  • I'm talking about the "abuses" you mentioned but whatever, I feel like talking to a wall

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762728#Comment_1762728

    Badham seems to be bugged right now and it has increased odds, but you also don't need bloodlust on this map. Neither you need it on Macmillian.

    The only ones I agree bloodlust helps a bunch are Haddonfield and Midwich, but these maps sucks but it makes no sense keeping this mechanic just for these two.

    I got Badham 3 times in a row the other day. That is 3 times too many for me. I dc's on the last one and did something else.

    You do need bloodlust on the new MacMillan maps. RNG sometimes spawns some ridiculously strong window loops.

  • @goatslinger said:

    My god people it's an experiment to see what happens. You know why it's needed? Because nobody knows how it will play out, not even the devs. So why don't we give it a chance before we start kicking our dogs out of frustration? If it doesn't work out for you, go outside and get some sunshine or play a different game this weekend. I've really been enjoying another play through of sekiro, highly recommend it. It will be back to normal on Monday. Not the end of the world.

    I played a lot of League of Legends and Among Us instead.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766597#Comment_1766597

    I had sooner just let the Dev's get terrible data, and ruin their own game further. Than to go 8 games in a row getting told to kill myself by survivors that know just to abuse long loops, and maps with the loops close together. Playing Survivor over the weekend happened exactly as predicted. I barely ever got hit, or not until the map ran out of long/long loops.

    You claim you 'abuse' strong loops to 'show them what needs to be changed' yet you wouldn't play during the test to show them that you need bloodlust. Which is it? Do you care about the game getting better or do you not care if they 'ruin their own game' because you're unwilling to deal with a very temporary test? Which isn't going to happen, by the way. The game has been far worse off in the past and has survived thus far, it will continue with or without you. You can't have it both ways.

    While I have my criticisms, I still have hope that they're attempting to figure out and work towards a better future for the game, so I stay and endure far worse things they do that I may not agree with for the sake of knowing with some HELP it can be better.

    Everyone is not going to agree on their choices, but if you're going to be the kind of person that threatens to leave the moment something isn't going your way and attempt to 'ruin their data' in the process, they really don't need people like you around in the first place because you've demonstrated you don't care enough about the game getting better to stick around through the rough patches where they are trying to figure stuff out and instead would rather sabotage their efforts to do better.

    At the end of the day, it's a video game, and the nature of this game is that it's always going to be a work in progress. When new maps, killers and perks are introduced, things will need to be adjusted accordingly, even if they do try to change the existing loops, someone will always find a reason to be upset because they're unwilling to adapt. Sometimes they don't know what adjustments really need to be made and won't know if they don't do extensive testing.

    The only thing I will say about this test is that I hope they do more, especially since maps are in the middle of getting changed. This was an odd time for them to do that test considering this information, but maybe it will serve as a base at the very least.

    Furthermore, get a backbone. To blame them for what rude crap some people have to say on the internet is ridiculous. People are going to be that way regardless of the state of the game, regardless of what game you're playing.

    If it bothers you that much, report them, set it to where you can't receive/see their messages, don't look at the messages, don't linger around to chat with people who are teling you to '#########'. There is no sense in pretending it's the games fault that you receive these kind of messages or that you're incapable of handling it the way it should be handled. People shouldn't say these things, but you also shouldn't use these things being said as a basis for why bloodlust is no longer needed. The game play will show that, not whatever hateful things people have to say to you for whatever reason they think it's reasonable to do so.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    For people like me that are terrible at looping, maybe I have a chance to escape more chases, I wouldn't bet on it though.

    It helps. At least on my tests I'm terrible at prolonging chases and was able to keep killers for dayz without bloodlust. They were not experienced killers as it seemed, but still makes it easier, despite people saying it doesn't left and right.

    As for the person who posted, just play survivor, they will get the data one way or the another. I'm willing to bet it won't make much difference, though, because they seem to be are already convinced they ballanced the maps, so it seems they are more trying to confirm their expectations than make a thorough examination (they are talking about BL for some time now). I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

  • @Letche said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770464#Comment_1770464

    You claim you 'abuse' strong loops to 'show them what needs to be changed' yet you wouldn't play during the test to show them that you need bloodlust. Which is it? Do you care about the game getting better or do you not care if they 'ruin their own game' because you're unwilling to deal with a very temporary test? Which isn't going to happen, by the way. The game has been far worse off in the past and has survived thus far, it will continue with or without you. You can't have it both ways.

    While I have my criticisms, I still have hope that they're attempting to figure out and work towards a better future for the game, so I stay and endure far worse things they do that I may not agree with for the sake of knowing with some HELP it can be better.

    Everyone is not going to agree on their choices, but if you're going to be the kind of person that threatens to leave the moment something isn't going your way and attempt to 'ruin their data' in the process, they really don't need people like you around in the first place because you've demonstrated you don't care enough about the game getting better to stick around through the rough patches where they are trying to figure stuff out and instead would rather sabotage their efforts to do better.

    At the end of the day, it's a video game, and the nature of this game is that it's always going to be a work in progress. When new maps, killers and perks are introduced, things will need to be adjusted accordingly, even if they do try to change the existing loops, someone will always find a reason to be upset because they're unwilling to adapt. Sometimes they don't know what adjustments really need to be made and won't know if they don't do extensive testing.

    The only thing I will say about this test is that I hope they do more, especially since maps are in the middle of getting changed. This was an odd time for them to do that test considering this information, but maybe it will serve as a base at the very least.

    Furthermore, get a backbone. To blame them for what rude crap some people have to say on the internet is ridiculous. People are going to be that way regardless of the state of the game, regardless of what game you're playing.

    If it bothers you that much, report them, set it to where you can't receive/see their messages, don't look at the messages, don't linger around to chat with people who are teling you to '#########'. There is no sense in pretending it's the games fault that you receive these kind of messages or that you're incapable of handling it the way it should be handled. People shouldn't say these things, but you also shouldn't use these things being said as a basis for why bloodlust is no longer needed. The game play will show that, not whatever hateful things people have to say to you for whatever reason they think it's reasonable to do so.

    Yawn.

    You realize by only playing Survivor. I did give data. By only playing survivor and only getting hit 19 times the whole weekend, never get sacrificed, and winning all of my matches. That gave data that Bloodlust is needed. By not playing Killer and stomping potato's in red ranks, gave different data.

    Stop with the sensless politic's and narcisism. I know what I am doing.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770847#Comment_1770847

    Yawn.

    You realize by only playing Survivor. I did give data. By only playing survivor and only getting hit 19 times the whole weekend, never get sacrificed, and winning all of my matches. That gave data that Bloodlust is needed. By not playing Killer and stomping potato's in red ranks, gave different data.

    Stop with the sensless politic's and narcisism. I know what I am doing.

    It's not 'senseless politics and narcism' to say that your literal handful of games quantifies nothing, you act like what little you did is all that matters and that we should just ignore what everyone else says or experiences because 'you say so'. That's not even taking into account whether you're even being honest or what kind of killers you were up against because, personally speaking, matchmaking is the worst it's ever been for me and as a consistent R1 survivor I'm almost consistently getting green-yellow rank killers and teammates with a dash of purple and brown to boot. Most of the games against inexperienced killers, they get stomped because they simply don't know what they're doing, we aren't rightly matched and that's also going to contribute to skewing information. For all anyone knows you could've been bullying inexperienced killers to 'ruin the data' as you so eloquently put it, seeing as how you've made it clear that was your intention from the get-go. Now you expect your information to be in the best interest of the games balance when you admitted you could care less?

    Not to mention what could've been someone not knowing how to mind game whatsoever or how to even land an easy hit could contribute to people blaming not having bloodlust to be the culprit. It's the same thing as having Covid, getting hit by a car and blaming Covid for their death (or at least labeling it a Covid death which is highly disingenuous). "I didn't mind game at all, followed the most predictable movement and missed that hit, it's all because I don't have bloodlust!! Totally had nothing to do with the fact that I can't take responsibility for my own inability."

    Speaking of narcissism, you act like your experience and what very little you played is the only thing that matters. At least I even gave an alternative that could appease everyone even though I think it's wholly unnecessary (making bloodlust a component of Beast of Prey instead of base kit for those who think they really need it and would buff the perk) and didn't just say 'well I don't think it should exist and I think I'm right so you should just give up or I'm gonna call you a political narcissist for disagreeing with me'. All you've done is gripe and give no alternative other than 'I need it because I said so'.

    I already said more testing needed to be conducted, especially given that maps are in the process of being changed and a lot of loops are unsafe and don't warrant bloodlust. People only have issues with not being able to use bloodlust to brute force a decent loop instead of outsmarting their opponent. A couple days testing in the middle of maps being reconfigured when bloodlust has been active for YEARS with a ton of people threatening not to play killer to 'ruin the data' is not nearly enough information.

    Stomping inexperienced killers does not mean bloodlust is necessary. An experienced killer does not need bloodlust to catch people and win games. In fact, bloodlust more often than not HURTS killers on console because of fps drops and has ruined easy downs to give you an unnecessary speed boost.

    I've played for over three years at this point, so don't act like I don't know what *I'm* doing or what I'm talking about just because I have a different opinion than you. At least when I have discussions with people it's because I genuinely want what's best for this game to prosper. Some people just want to argue for the sake of argument.

    I've agreed with a ton of crap that a lot of people don't like that was beneficial to killers because it was in the best interest of balancing the game. Noed for instance, is fine the way it is. I'm glad insta heals don't exist like they used to or that DS and BT don't work how they used to and that gens can be regressed. Even the ruin change is stronger than people like to admit although I didn't mind old ruin and I'd definitely like to see something implemented that's maybe similar to old ruin where you HAVE to hit great skill checks, hell buff unnerving with that or something.

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763457#Comment_1763457

    I almost don't believe a rank 1 killer is in here complaining about bloodlust being removed. When do you ever need it?

    Nemesis + PWYF isn't reliable? You eat a stun, and 45 seconds later you are a 130% movespeed killer. If you can't keep track of the survivors I don't know what to tell you.

    And you don't need enduring against good survivors? The loops will be run so tight your only choice is to eat pallets half of the time. Unless you want to respect, and let them get extra loops on you. It's a feel good perk and not super powerful without spirit fury on top of it, but I eat pallets all the time as killer because I don't want to waste time respecting. I only respect if they are making clear indicators they are going to drop the pallet.

    And you just said "5% movespeed isn't that special" but here you are with a thread complaining about bloodlust. You know, a 5% movespeed increase per stack.

    And that's why tinkerer is run with discordance. You can make it to most tinkerer procs if it's a solo player but if it's a discordance tinkerer you know not to waste your time going over to it unless you are really close; you would have had to respond to the discordance earlier.

    Enduring is good as long as the Survivors drop the pallet on your head. When they start to pre-drop then, you have a wasted perk slot and even more wasted time.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763494#Comment_1763494

    Enduring is good as long as the Survivors drop the pallet on your head. When they start to pre-drop then, you have a wasted perk slot and even more wasted time.

    Not really, when you consider who is typically going to be running it. Billy, Bubba, Demo, maybe some M1 killers like Wraith. I run Lopro Chains Billy constantly and if they pre-drop the pallets that's totally fine by me. Just means I get to break the pallet and get a shot at injuring them. If they drop it on my head, I have enduring.

    Same with Bubba/Demo, early drops just means an instant pallet break. Late drops mean I use enduring and they roll the dice if the attack is still going to hit them.

    And it's still great on M1 killers. Respecting pallets is terrible on all but a handful of killers.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762704#Comment_1762704

    Thank you!!! People forget about those of us that are not great loopers.

    I guess the question is, what is the majority?

    Great loopers or not so great loopers.

    The problem is that if you make it difficult to catch bad looper, you have, by extension, made it near impossible to catch good ones.

    You cant balance a pvp game based on lowest common denominators, it has to be done from the top down. You balance for the potential something has, not for its common use.

    Pvp players are expected to improve their skills, not degrade, so balancing for how people play when they're still getting there is folly.

  • @finitethrills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762757#Comment_1762757

    The problem is that if you make it difficult to catch bad looper, you have, by extension, made it near impossible to catch good ones.

    You cant balance a pvp game based on lowest common denominators, it has to be done from the top down. You balance for the potential something has, not for its common use.

    Pvp players are expected to improve their skills, not degrade, so balancing for how people play when they're still getting there is folly.

    Same can be said about BL tho. Experienced killers rarely rely on on BL let alone 2 or 3. It was balanced to older maps and loops. As such you know longer need it and relying on it balances toward killers that are not as experienced.

    So by your logic, they should improve, and not degrade as well.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772002#Comment_1772002

    Same can be said about BL tho. Experienced killers rarely rely on on BL let alone 2 or 3. It was balanced to older maps and loops. As such you know longer need it and relying on it balances toward killers that are not as experienced.

    So by your logic, they should improve, and not degrade as well.

    See this is what I mean. That just blame the killer mentality. It's what's needed to catch a survivor in a long/long loop or map with close loops. If you're not a killer who's power makes you faster, or slow the survivor - than you lose every match with long/long and close loops. Period. Even during the "trial" I never died as survivor. During the trial I used all of my badham, autohaven, and haddonfield map offerings. It's literally elementary and easy if you just know the basic's of the game. Count it in your head. 15 seconds. They have BL1 and can catch you in the long/long loop. Drop the pallet for the stun (hopefully), and move to the next loop. Competent Killer's know that too. The "pro" players that BHVR themselves tell you to follow tell you the same damn thing. Actual experienced Killers are telling you the same damn thing. Stop lying. (Nobody cares about level 2 or 3 though, you only need 1 to catch a good survivor that stays on a long/long too long, or between close loops).

    It's literally mind boggling the amount of stupidity i've seen in these forums this past weekend of people going "Only bad killers need Bloodlust". No wonder everyone says solo survivor is awful, look at all the dummies that can't figure out how to loop right or basic map layout.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772045#Comment_1772045

    See this is what I mean. That just blame the killer mentality. It's what's needed to catch a survivor in a long/long loop or map with close loops. If you're not a killer who's power makes you faster, or slow the survivor - than you lose every match with long/long and close loops. Period. Even during the "trial" I never died as survivor. During the trial I used all of my badham, autohaven, and haddonfield map offerings. It's literally elementary and easy if you just know the basic's of the game. Count it in your head. 15 seconds. They have BL1 and can catch you in the long/long loop. Drop the pallet for the stun (hopefully), and move to the next loop. Competent Killer's know that too. The "pro" players that BHVR themselves tell you to follow tell you the same damn thing. Actual experienced Killers are telling you the same damn thing. Stop lying. (Nobody cares about level 2 or 3 though, you only need 1 to catch a good survivor that stays on a long/long too long, or between close loops).

    It's literally mind boggling the amount of stupidity i've seen in these forums this past weekend of people going "Only bad killers need Bloodlust". No wonder everyone says solo survivor is awful, look at all the dummies that can't figure out how to loop right or basic map layout.

    Sorry you feel that way, but I am a long time killer main, and go by the mantra that if you can't get a hit, pallet, in 15 seconds, then split pressure some where else. I will catch you later.

    But don't sweat it, you will get better and realize you don't need BL as much as you think.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772054#Comment_1772054

    Sorry you feel that way, but I am a long time killer main, and go by the mantra that if you can't get a hit, pallet, in 15 seconds, then split pressure some where else. I will catch you later.

    But don't sweat it, you will get better and realize you don't need BL as much as you think.

    Yeah. I'm just going to continue with agreeing with myself, and the pro's and the dev's. Before I listen to your lies, even you being good at the game when you just say bad information.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772105#Comment_1772105

    Yeah. I'm just going to continue with agreeing with myself, and the pro's and the dev's. Before I listen to your lies, even you being good at the game when you just say bad information.

    Dude there is like 5 killers that could use it.

    Obviously Spirit, Freddy, Nurse, Billy, Huntress, Clown, Blight, DS, Hag, Trapper etc.. can shut down loops with their powers.

    You seem a bit salty, so I will end this discussion as well. But perhaps listen to a lot of the highly regarded killers that are on these forums, many of whom have already stated they do not need bloodlust.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772109#Comment_1772109

    Dude there is like 5 killers that could use it.

    Obviously Spirit, Freddy, Nurse, Billy, Huntress, Clown, Blight, DS, Hag, Trapper etc.. can shut down loops with their powers.

    You seem a bit salty, so I will end this discussion as well. But perhaps listen to a lot of the highly regarded killers that are on these forums, many of whom have already stated they do not need bloodlust.

    I am one of the highly regarded killers on these forums 🤣

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772135#Comment_1772135

    I am one of the highly regarded killers on these forums 🤣

    I guess we haven't had a discussion yet.

    I respect what you are saying, but surely you must also concede that BL was put in the game at a time where balance was nowheres near as balanced as it is today.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772188#Comment_1772188

    I guess we haven't had a discussion yet.

    I respect what you are saying, but surely you must also concede that BL was put in the game at a time where balance was nowheres near as balanced as it is today.

    It was put in the game when the game was even worse than it was now, but that doesn't exempt it from the fact that the current is being balanced around that it exists. If Bloodlust didn't exist, then the maps wouldn't have been update with loops so close together, or with long/long loops period. They exist in the new maps, and reworked maps because Bloodlust exists, and players work around that. Players that don't understand how to track Bloodlust - lose. Players that don't know when or how to use Bloodlust - lose. Players like me that understand both, knew that if I stopped playing Killer and only played Survivor to never die, and abuse long/long loops, and maps with close loops - only proved that further. Even when I was facing off better players like Otz and Tofu, they couldn't touch me. It's as simple as that.

    Also I disregard comments on "the game was worse before, so Killer's need more buffs now (or "survivors don't need more nerfs now")", because that's just a dismissive response. That's the whole point balancing. It doesn't matter how many times one side gets buffed or nerfed, if one side is still stronger or weaker than the other, the weaker side needs more buffs, and the stronger side needs more nerfs. We're all adults now (hopefully), it's not back and fourth - it should be what is needed most for the game. Another thing the Dev's have a hard time with, they are scared about nerfing Survivors without buffing them as well, because the majority will just get pissy that the survivors were touched at all.

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771866#Comment_1771866

    Not really, when you consider who is typically going to be running it. Billy, Bubba, Demo, maybe some M1 killers like Wraith. I run Lopro Chains Billy constantly and if they pre-drop the pallets that's totally fine by me. Just means I get to break the pallet and get a shot at injuring them. If they drop it on my head, I have enduring.

    Same with Bubba/Demo, early drops just means an instant pallet break. Late drops mean I use enduring and they roll the dice if the attack is still going to hit them.

    And it's still great on M1 killers. Respecting pallets is terrible on all but a handful of killers.

    it is just what i noticed. i rarely see enduring anyway.

1 2 3 ›