Terrible treatment from survivors

Hi all,

A little background first: I play both killer and survivor about 50/50 and generally find killer more stressful but more fun. I play at red ranks in both but generally believe that I am not a red rank player, more like purple. I have 400 hours in game collectively.

Tonight I had a killer match on myers where I anticipated a swf group from looking at the lobby and sure enough it was. As a consequence I used a ebony mori offering for "insursnce". Unfortunately, I had a terrible match and only downed one survivor-######### happens.

At the end of the match with gates powered I downed another survivor and camped the hook, even though they unhooked and all three got away, too bad for me. I do not camp hooks otherwise.

Needless to say my treatment afterwords was some of the worst I have experienced in game so far. Comments like "your mom this or that", "terrible killer", "should not be rank 1", "you are toxic for camping", among other nasty personal comments. I know some of you will say that this is standard but I always say "ggwp" no matter what happens.

I can now conclude, from my perspective, that survivors are generally more toxic than killers and I'm sorry we have these people in our community.

Thanks for the opportunity to decompress.

Comments

  • This post makes me laugh, I have seen my fair share of overly toxic killers - not all of you are benevolent masters lol. People get toxic when they are the last ones left in a round and you wanna spin in circles with the last guy down reving your chainsaw or tea bagging with ghost face. Everyone is toxic, just deal with it and play the game.

  • @Eleghost said:

    Are you surprised though? That's the real question. SWF will almost always have at minimum one guy who will run his mouth to you in end game regardless of how it goes. They're typically not worth interacting with but yea i've had more survivors act toxic than killers. It is a 4 to 1 chance though so it may be more common to see survivors act out to you as killer simply because there are more chances for it to happen.

    Every Xbox players are cheaters I think bc as they play they cheat, even a lot of killers cheat the killers go in a math don’t even play and then kill you in 5 minutes and the games no fun when they do that

  • @vanhoya said:

    Hi all,

    A little background first: I play both killer and survivor about 50/50 and generally find killer more stressful but more fun. I play at red ranks in both but generally believe that I am not a red rank player, more like purple. I have 400 hours in game collectively.

    Tonight I had a killer match on myers where I anticipated a swf group from looking at the lobby and sure enough it was. As a consequence I used a ebony mori offering for "insursnce". Unfortunately, I had a terrible match and only downed one survivor-######### happens.

    At the end of the match with gates powered I downed another survivor and camped the hook, even though they unhooked and all three got away, too bad for me. I do not camp hooks otherwise.

    Needless to say my treatment afterwords was some of the worst I have experienced in game so far. Comments like "your mom this or that", "terrible killer", "should not be rank 1", "you are toxic for camping", among other nasty personal comments. I know some of you will say that this is standard but I always say "ggwp" no matter what happens.

    I can now conclude, from my perspective, that survivors are generally more toxic than killers and I'm sorry we have these people in our community.

    Thanks for the opportunity to decompress.

    Honestly man I only have one piece of advice for you, and that is to just not get discouraged as to what they tell you. I have been playing this game for a while and also do get annoyed about survivors complaining about the way I play. You did nothing wrong here. Although their actions of being angry at you for using an ebony mori is a bit justified (in my opinion), it does not give them the right to tell you how to play. If they expect you to act a certain way, that is just simply entitlement. Play the way you want, be considerate to the people you play against at least in some way, and DO NOT let the things they say get to you. Trust me, the more you play this game the less their malicious words will mean to you. Good luck my friend!

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763154#Comment_1763154

    No not really. I usually don't say anything in the endgame chat. The same people who cry on my profile are the same people using all the survivor meta perks, key swapping at 6 seconds, offering haddonfield/ormond, teabagging with object, and having profiles where they say like "leave salt LOL" or something similar.

    Playing killer to win is enough to get boatloads of hate mail. And like I said, even if you play by the survivor rulebook, people will still find something to complain about. So I usually don't bother unless I am going out of my way to farm BP.

    I never complain when I lose a game of DBD, most of the time I don't even stay to the endgame screen if I died as survivor. Which is why it's funny to me that so many people do. People will sit there and wait like 6-7 minutes until a game is over to spew some salt when they could have played an entire other match by that point.

    Being accused of camping only happens when I needed to or I actually did it because toxicity and its NEVER that common

  • Also why is this thread attracting a lot of people who think only survivors can be toxic, and that the way this man is playing means that he deserved to get scolded at. NO sense to me. If you expect this man to play the way you want to, that is literally the definition of entitlement. It may be inconsiderate to the, but if he wants to play leatherface and face camp literally all day long, he still shouldn't pay for that. It is not bannable, though it may be boring for him and survivors, he should still have the right to play that way if he wanted to.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762514#Comment_1762514

    You put those words in your own mouth dude. That's actually funny.

    Accusations w no substance. Or ur English sucks. What a chump .. should be ashamed of urself.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762646#Comment_1762646

    Feng min outfits which is your style? Only true feng mains answer this correctly.

    I have two..

    Blue tails, Christmas sweater, and the shorts/stockings /&/ goddess ponytail, demon warrior top, and campus punk skirt.

    ♡

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762702#Comment_1762702

    Could be both of us.

    I usually see survivors commenting on end game chat. Killers usually say gg.

    Or it's survivors ganging up on the killer and he is pushed against the wall defending himself.

    Half the times, killers don't say anything.

    As a solo main (I play both sides but survivor more) I can agree that it tends to be the survivors who trash talk at the end, probably because there's 4 of them against one.

    However we shouldn't dismiss that killers have done it before, it's just more common for survivors to do it.

    For example, when I was playing with @Ribanne some months back, I had a Pyramid Head tell me to 'kill myself' and for my mother to get covid. Luckily Ribanne hadn't left BHVR by that point so she kept me updated on the guy and revealed he got a 24 hour ban, which was good

  • @darktrix said:

    Whenever I see posts like this I reserve my opinion since it only one side giving their story. Camping, ebony mori, what else did you do that was toxic and you expect them to return love for it?

    Neither camping nor an ebony MORI give any justification for the post game behaviour. Basically the survivors in this scenario lack the maturity to play this game objectively and shouldn't be here.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763234#Comment_1763234

    Being accused of camping only happens when I needed to or I actually did it because toxicity and its NEVER that common

    There is no reason to complain about camping or tunneling in DBD.

    Survivors complaining about killers doing their objective is like a killer complaining about survivors doing generators.

    I just had a game where I had a nancy teabagging and flashlighting me at every pallet. I downed her, camped her to half, then tunneled her straight off the hook into dead.

    She was gone by the time the game was over(I checked to see if she still had a ping), and the other survivors complained to me about it. "Is it Brooklyn or Manhatten that has the biggest tunnel?" I said nothing, left the lobby, and one of them just gave me a new -rep for it. Not that I care, but still. That's how petty the game is.

  • @darktrix said:

    Whenever I see posts like this I reserve my opinion since it only one side giving their story. Camping, ebony mori, what else did you do that was toxic and you expect them to return love for it?

    This person, this person right here officer, your part of the problem just because a killer brings a mori doesn't make them "toxic" just because survivors don't like them.

  • "Play Killer better"

    "Take a break"

    "Not all survivors"

    "You deserved it for camping" (Even though the timing was appropriate)

    "It's just how it is, move on"

    There now that I got some of the dismissive comments out of the way. The Dev's seriously need to make the amount of abuse in this game a top priority and start sentencing harder punishment to players that bully other players.

  • I appreciate the feedback folks. Also, I agree that using in game resources is not toxic and does not justify nasty treatment.

    On a related note I've seen some of these memes about "The Survivor Rulebook for Killers" or something like that. Those are funny but so true.

    "Killers should never camp survivors under any circumstances."

    "Killers should never bring mori offerings to matches."

    Etc...

  • I felt that. Dont let others tell you how to play you bought the game. Most of the time survivors will be more toxic since there's more who play that side. But its funny how if they were a swf they need to be a swf to escape js.

  • @DaKnight said:

    It's honestly normal. If you win in this game as killer, survivors are going to complain. It doesn't matter how you do it. You can play nice, you can play mean, the salt will flow if you win. You will be insulted if you lose. You can turn off the endgame chat or steam comments but I leave them.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IP0RBFFRNP9J/spooky-png.png

    I get a TON of camping / tunneling complaints when I am playing pretty nice. If I hook someone, go across the map, hook someone else, then come back and hook you again, it's not tunneling sorry. Only like half of them are legitimate.

    The other half of the comments that people post are just total lies.

    "Whines about keys" when I just tunneled out the key user and slugged the rest after they swapped to it at 6 seconds and never said anything in that endgame chat.

    "Enjoy depip" when the guy rage DC'd and I got Ruthless killer.

    "BMs all game and camps for no reason" His SWF sent me to haddo, I am gonna BM and camp the heck out of anyone I get.

    "-rep camp" when I am playing Hag and got 2 people in the basement early. I guess I should just walk across the map, let all my traps get triggered, and then let them unhook and reset for free.

    And that's just this week. I recently had someone spew like 10 lines of salty comments because they exploited by sitting under the hook (so you can't pick them up) and then my response was to just facecamp the hooked person and them at the same time. They spoonfed me a win then cried about it.

    I have had people say I am using Instadown / Exhaust add-ons on clown (why would you ever run those together) when I had 6 bottles of bleach that game, etc etc.

    The other half of the comments that people post are just total lies.

    I feel you. I also had my profile on public just to get comments about how I am a toxic Nurse NOED user eventhough I never use NOED. It's so sad they have to come up with lies to make themselves feel better.

  • The toxic kind makes me shake my head, why you enjoy making someone else feel bad is beyond me. I refuse returning the bm since it makes me feel bad and if I did return the favor I would just be keeping the toxic bm going.

    It's all about excessive pointing/ t bagging/ motioning for me to go for them/ flashlight clicking/ fast vaulting a window a million times. They never play normally and make it their goal to get you tilted. They also tend to terribly misplay since I tend to devide my attention and they seem to misread my intentions. Things like following me around and getting horribly outplayed since you strayed into a deadzone isn't my fault. I'm just waiting for a good opportunity like I always do.

    The fact they say terrible things in endgame is the real problem and if they cross the line I always report. It also doesn't matter if I win or lose these kind of people always feel entitled to giving grief.

  • Well you probably triggered them by bringing an OP offering & camping.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763134#Comment_1763134

    Accusations w no substance. Or ur English sucks. What a chump .. should be ashamed of urself.

    Yes, my English sucks.

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763160#Comment_1763160

    I have two..

    Blue tails, Christmas sweater, and the shorts/stockings /&/ goddess ponytail, demon warrior top, and campus punk skirt.

    ♡

    I dont know them by name just outfits that look good😂

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1763371#Comment_1763371

    There is no reason to complain about camping or tunneling in DBD.

    Survivors complaining about killers doing their objective is like a killer complaining about survivors doing generators.

    I just had a game where I had a nancy teabagging and flashlighting me at every pallet. I downed her, camped her to half, then tunneled her straight off the hook into dead.

    She was gone by the time the game was over(I checked to see if she still had a ping), and the other survivors complained to me about it. "Is it Brooklyn or Manhatten that has the biggest tunnel?" I said nothing, left the lobby, and one of them just gave me a new -rep for it. Not that I care, but still. That's how petty the game is.

    Umm that was justified though.

  • I just had survivors that realized they 3 genned themselves, so they held the game hostage for an hour to punish me for it.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762460#Comment_1762460

    While i do agree that you will receive more toxicity from survivors given that its a 4 to 1 chance and group mentality makes these idiots brave enough to do it. The statement that killers do not message you in order to spout toxicity is untrue. It occurs less often and doesn't excuse survivors doing it and vice versa, but it DOES happen.

    But when a killer goes for a survivor in the chat, he gets jumped on by everyone. Maybe that's why killers don't do it as much. And also because even when a survivor is obviously toxic, their teammates will defend them or conveniently ignore the toxicity just to say that the killer is the rude one.

1 2 ›